Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Much Will Our Defense Suffer Losing #56?

d0ublestr0ker0ll

Liquid in a chicken pot pie  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Liquid in a chicken pot pie

• Broth
    • Gravy

Most of us are bummed out about losing Lavar, but in all reality, how much do you think our defense will suffer? Will it be tougher to stop the run? Will our pass defense suffer? Will it be harder to create as many turnovers?

I'm reluctant to say it's a good thing that losing Lavar will free up more space for scrappy-type players. But I think it actually is. Your thoughts?

It's risky for us to cut him. He is atleast a solid player. THe coaches might replace him with a bum like Warrick holdman or something. I dont know. Know we have to look towards the draft because i dont trust free agency anymore.

Maybe move lemar to outisde and draft a Middle Linebacker. Abdul Hodge or Ahmad Brooks maybe.

Hmmm, let me think, top 10 defense with him being in there for a total of 10 games over 2 years. I think we will be fine. If GW can make a star outta Pierce and outta Marshall, he can do it again. Is Clemons the answer, I don't know, but GW will give us one. He should already know that Holdman is NOT the answer.

Did it suffer when he was injured and was benched?

Not much if any difference. He hasnt been a difference maker for a few years.

It is not about how much it suffered when he was out. That is a pretty narrowed minded way to look at it and I doubt the coaching staff would be dumb enough to look at it that way. What matters is how good they could have been with a healthy Lavar. Unfortunately we will never know.

There is no doubt this defense will be stout. Will it be dominant is hard to determine until some outside factors get worked out.

In the short term, the team is worse. Arrington is a talented player, and subtracting a talented player without an obvious replacement means you get worse.

But in the long term, because they've absorbed the cap hit now, the Skins will be much better. They've now got real cap room in 2007 to make major additions to the team. Couple that with a much higher cap, and suddenly the Skins are poised to be a major player in FA again.

With Joe Gibbs making the free agent picks instead of Danny and Vinny, this time it could go very, very well.

Won't suffer at all, look how we've played without him the last two years. I know one thing, we won't bite so freakin hard on play actions anymore. Seriously, opposing offensive coordinators gameplaned around the fact that they knew they could get Arrington out of position and biting on stuff.

he hasn't been a game changing player for at least two years. the biggest reason that this is such a big deal is simply because it IS lavar arrington, and it's really awkward to think of #56 not playing in burgundy and gold.

i trust every move, every step, every look and motion, that this team has made in the offseason - especially after last year. every time we have something that looks bad happen to us, gibbs and co. seem to make it work better than we could imagine. it's sad to see LA go, but i think we'll be fine.

It is not about how much it suffered when he was out. That is a pretty narrowed minded way to look at it and I doubt the coaching staff would be dumb enough to look at it that way. What matters is how good they could have been with a healthy Lavar. Unfortunately we will never know.

There is no doubt this defense will be stout. Will it be dominant is hard to determine until some outside factors get worked out.

Lavar hasnt been healthy physically nor has he been a factor for a few years now.

Sure in a perfect world and with a perfect Lavar, loosing him would be a huge loss, but we have neither of those do we?

on a scale of 1-10 this is a 3.

Most of us are bummed out about losing Lavar, but in all reality, how much do you think our defense will suffer? Will it be tougher to stop the run? Will our pass defense suffer? Will it be harder to create as many turnovers?

I'm reluctant to say it's a good thing that losing Lavar will free up more space for scrappy-type players. But I think it actually is. Your thoughts?

considering the level of play by thie skins defense the past 2 years essentially without lavar, i would say very little if any... plus, if they sign peterson, carter or witherspoon i would say it will actually be improved.

if they sign or trade for ray lewis, i would say clearly improved

Thats like asking how much the world would suffer losing termites.

If you were trying to downplay this loss using that analogy meaning -- its not going to hurt us any.

That was a very bad analogy.

The complete removal of any species could have a huge impact on the world.

Did it suffer when he was injured and was benched?

Not much if any difference. He hasnt been a difference maker for a few years.

Actually it did the defense without him was good, but when healthy and in the playoffs it was great.

Lets be honest our Defense is great but is not close to teams like Pittsburg and Denver or NE, we keep scores down but do not have many big plays, and LA was one of our big play guys.

This could turn out to be a good move just depends on who replaces him and who we get for the DL.

Losing Champ, AP, and LA over the years is huge. Regardless of the reason why they left, they were all playmakers.

It ALL depends on who replaces him. Remember the atrocity when Holdman was starting in that spot? While its true LaVar didnt have a lot of sacks/interceptions, he did have a lot of tackles for loss and break up a lot of plays. So if we can get someone in there productive to say Lemar Marshals level I think we will be fine.

Archived