Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Much Will Our Defense Suffer Losing #56?

d0ublestr0ker0ll

Liquid in a chicken pot pie  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Liquid in a chicken pot pie

• Broth
    • Gravy

Actually it did the defense without him was good, but when healthy and in the playoffs it was great.

Lets be honest our Defense is great but is not close to teams like Pittsburg and Denver or NE, we keep scores down but do not have many big plays, and LA was one of our big play guys.

This could turn out to be a good move just depends on who replaces him and who we get for the DL.

Losing Champ, AP, and LA over the years is huge. Regardless of the reason why they left, they were all playmakers.

You my friend, are on point. :applause:

Keep fooling yourselves.

No compensation for a player with SIX different defensve coordinators a pathetic coaching staff til recently.

Actually Lavar will be gaining more than us defensively and will still recoup his money.

He will go to an ideal situation either San Diego with Merriman or one of our foes in the NFC East all of which have defensive lines.

We better grab a player like the Panthers weakside linebacker to balance the loss and address the D line to improve

Keep fooling yourselves.

No compensation for a player with SIX different defensve coordinators a pathetic coaching staff til recently.

Actually Lavar will be gaining more than us defensively and will still recoup his money.

He will go to an ideal situation either San Diego with Merriman or one of our foes in the NFC East all of which have defensive lines.

We better grab a player like the Panthers weakside linebacker to balance the loss and address the D line to improve

You guys are batting .1000 today!!

im sorry but me and my dad just argued like a hour im 24 hes 45 how i hated it cuz 56 was the skins exspecially his first 3 years and would have been forever and just cuz this CBA bull**** we are cuttin him my dads acting like if we didnt we would be cuttin alot more oh well hes stuck on old school swearing im wrong im stuck on arrington is a redskin we need to make him one oh well i hate were losing him its WRONG PERIOD PERIOD PERIOD p e r i o d damnit all to hell we will still have a hellasious DDDDD im sure but i really think 56 should be a part of it and anywhere else hes gonna make us regret it unless he really is a skin and retires ...................................... bottom line i love 56 always have but i do hope he retires a skin instead of moving on and beatin our ass the next 5 to 10 years me myself and jason

I don't have time to really read this thread, but Sean Taylor is the key.

From 2003 to 2004 we went from 24 to 5 in scoring defense. Sure, coaching has a big deal to do with that, but does anyone remember the last time someone completed a deep pass on us? Everytime you see the other team throwing it deep Sean Taylor is there.

Look at what Chris Simms did to us without Taylor on the field. He threw for 3 touchdowns and nearly 300 yards. If Sean Taylor is convicted we are screwed.

The bottom line is that LA was a huge factor in our playoff run. He was a force on the field at Tampa and he knocked the league MVP out cold in the first quarter of the Seahawk game. While we will likely remain a top-quality defense do to outstanding scheme and preparation - not to mention Marcus, Springs, Griffin, Taylor...etc. The truth is that LA is still, at this stage in his career, one of the baddest Mofos on the planet and the type of player that can change a game. His presence will be missed by us and much appreciated by whomever he signs with. I, for one, wish him well!
I'm pretty sure that was a Griffin tackle that sent Alexander to the bench...

I don't have time to really read this thread, but Sean Taylor is the key.

From 2003 to 2004 we went from 24 to 5 in scoring defense. Sure, coaching has a big deal to do with that, but does anyone remember the last time someone completed a deep pass on us? Everytime you see the other team throwing it deep Sean Taylor is there.

Look at what Chris Simms did to us without Taylor on the field. He threw for 3 touchdowns and nearly 300 yards. If Sean Taylor is convicted we are screwed.

Very good point. He is the key to our secondary being successful. Free Sean Taylor!!!!

It's not going to suffer at all...LA was definately an athletic presence when he was healthy but he was far from a great player at anytime in his stint as a Redskin...

I don't even think he was a leader of the D like he has been made out to be...IMHO

Pulled this off a Cowturd board as they try to justify the departure of Lavar as the beginning of the end of the Redskins. If correct, these stats say quite a bit.

Here’s just a look at the Skins stats last year when Lavar was starting and when he wasn’t starting:

LAVAR STARTING (11 GAMES)

87.9 rushing yards allowed per game

3.7 yards allowed per carry

1.18 fumbles recovered per game

1.36 interceptions per game

1 INT per 26.7 pass attempts defended

1 TD allowed per 36.5 passing attempts defended

2.72 sacks per game

1 sack per 13.37 passing attempts defended

6.4 passing yards allowed per attempt.

55.6% completion allowed

68.7 QB rating allowed

LAVAR NOT STARTING (7 GAMES)

131.7 rushing yards allowed per game

4.8 rushing yards allowed per carry

0.28 fumbles recovered per game

0.43 interceptions per game

1 INT per 66.3 passing attempts defended

1 TD allowed per 39.8 passing attempts defended

1.43 sacks per game

1 sack per 19.9 passing attempts defended

5.9 passing yards allowed per passing attempt

53.8% completion percentage allowed

73.2 QB Rating allowed

Note that when Arrington wasn’t starting, Washington faced Kyle Orton in his first start ever at FedEx, Alex Smith in his first start ever at FedEx, and the Broncos in a torrential downpour.

We have no passrush, with out LA teams rushed for over 200 yards against us,

it would be a miricle if we even finish under 20th in defense in the NFL this year with the schedule we have.

Holdman can not stop the run, he cant blitz and if we dont get another good linebacker and pass rusher then were done. I was so excited about this year untill I seen how were cutting core players and keeping a few who should not even be on the field, much less then redskin. I already see teams owning our defense this year unless we get lucky and find a few good defenive plyers who will play for popcorn because we dont have any money to pay anyone because of cap BS.

We have no passrush, with out LA teams rushed for over 200 yards against us,

it would be a miricle if we even finish under 20th in defense in the NFL this year with the schedule we have.

Holdman can not stop the run, he cant blitz and if we dont get another good linebacker and pass rusher then were done. I was so excited about this year untill I seen how were cutting core players and keeping a few who should no even be on the field, much less then redskin, I already see teams owning our defense his year unless we get lucky and find a few good defenive plyers who will play for popcorn because we dont hve ny money to py anyone because o h cap BS,

Mustang, you have posted this in 4 threads now. Do you need to keep posting it? We get it...you're all over LA's nutsac. Its all good...there were thousands of man-crushes that were shattered yesterday with the release of Lavar. I myself am still coming to grips with it...but it does not mean you have to go into every single thread you find and post the same exact thing over and over.

Mustang, you have posted this in 4 threads now. Do you need to keep posting it? We get it...you're all over LA's nutsac. Its all good...there were thousands of man-crushes that were shattered yesterday with the release of Lavar. I myself am still coming to grips with it...but it does not mean you have to go into every single thread you find and post the same exact thing over and over.

I stated the same thing when he did it in 3 threads...I think he's mad because he has to make a new sig now :laugh:

Hey Jay, I thought this was a discussion board, if you dont like what people post then move along and quit whining like a lil school girl!!! Its not the fact that LA was cut, even though I wish he stayed.

Its the point of how our team suffers a salaray cap because fans of other teams wont support there teams when they have losing records. since the 70's i stuck with the redskins win or lose, and because fans from other teams wouldnt stand by there team and go to there games to help the revenue of there team and owner to get better players, it affected the whole NFL. Yea im venting because we were at the verge of being a great team and dynasty again. So do me and all us redskin fans a huge favor, quit F*****g whining!!!

To the stats Sonny posted:

First of all, Lavar only started 10 games last season, including the playoffs. Those 10 games were at Dallas, Philly, at Tampa, Oakland, San Diego, at St. Louis, NYG, at Philly, at Tampa (playoffs), at Seattle (playoffs). Our record in the 10 games LA started? 6 - 4. Good, right? Well let's look a little closer:

LA started at Dallas; but that was pretty much it. For those that remember, he maybe played 6-7 snaps all game, mostly on special teams (only one tackle). In St. Louis, Arrington left with the game tied. He came back, but didn't really play down the stretch and wasn't really a factor in the 17 points that followed.

So really, LA helped us to be 4-4 as a starter. It could be argued that he was a factor in the 52 point shellacking of the 9ers, a game in which he didn't start (I have a suspicion that they included those stats in the "games started" column). I'm not trying to say he wasn't a factor, just that those stats are a little misleading...:2cents:

Hey Jay, I thought this was a discussion board, if you dont like what people post then move along and quit whining like a lil school girl!!! Its not the fact that LA was cut, even though I wish he stayed.

Its the point of how our team suffers a salaray cap because fans of other teams wont support there teams when they have losing records. since the 70's i stuck with the redskins win or lose, and because fans from other teams wouldnt stand by there team and go to there games to help the revenue of there team and owner to get better players, it affected the whole NFL. Yea im venting because we were at the verge of being a great team and dynasty again. So do me and all us redskin fans a huge favor, quit F*****g whining!!!

Wow....you're the one posting the same rant in four different threads, yet I'm the one who needs to quit whining?

You were right about one thing...this IS a discussion board. How is posting the same thing over and over in four different threads a discussion? Its only a discussion if you post what you're going to say, wait until someone else responds, and then post again. If you keep posting without a response, that's not a discussion, its a diatribe.

And I'm not sure what team revenue has to do with our defense going to **** because Lavar is leaving...which is what you've been posting in every single thread you can find. If you're suggesting that the revenue sharing issue is to blame for the release of Arrington, you should do a little research before you post again. Arrington had the option to stay and essentially gave up 10.9 million dollars to play here. So the one and only reason LA is not going to be here next season is (drumroll please): Lavar!!!

Wow....you're the one posting the same rant in four different threads, yet I'm the one who needs to quit whining?

You were right about one thing...this IS a discussion board. How is posting the same thing over and over in four different threads a discussion? Its only a discussion if you post what you're going to say, wait until someone else responds, and then post again. If you keep posting without a response, that's not a discussion, its a diatribe.

And I'm not sure what team revenue has to do with our defense going to **** because Lavar is leaving...which is what you've been posting in every single thread you can find. If you're suggesting that the revenue sharing issue is to blame for the release of Arrington, you should do a little research before you post again. Arrington had the option to stay and essentially gave up 10.9 million dollars to play here. So the one and only reason LA is not going to be here next season is (drumroll please): Lavar!!!

Im not here to argue with you or anyone Jay, I see a question about LA or our D and i give my oppinion to it. Yes they do come down to 1 thing, I really hope we make up for what we lost and really hope we can live up to what we all are hoping for this year, which is to rule the NFC and have home field advantage.

Now I hear were still over the cap and not sure what the punishment is, if we can draft or even pick up some extra players. I just want another good season and even better then last years cause it felt great finaly getting back to the playoffs instead of just hoping. sorry for venting on ya but ya have to remember, many people here just dont vent over football alone brotha, its just a good way of getting other painful things out with out spreading your life across the internet.

Archived