Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Much Will Our Defense Suffer Losing #56?

d0ublestr0ker0ll

Liquid in a chicken pot pie  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Liquid in a chicken pot pie

• Broth
    • Gravy

Anyone who thinks that our D was as good the last two years without Lavar in the lineup is a fool. When he was inserted into the lineup at the end of the year, our D got much better and without him, we wouldnt have won 5 straight to make the playoffs.

While Lavar stuck his foot in his mouth on more than one occasion, his play on the field didnt suffer. As for the sack numbers, he wasnt really asked to rush the passer and when he was, opposing teams looked to double him on the outside just as they have always done.

Tell me that our D was just as good against Denver and KC without Lavar in the lineup full time? You think Greg Williams finally inserted him because it made our defense.........stay the same? All you Lavar haters will eat crow when the defense takes the field next season. Although we may find a decent replacement, anything short of a physical presence like Lavar will not yield the same results and we could see repeats of the long runs that gashed our defense early in the season and cost us at least 2 games.

This sucks. Lavar should be in B&G. Its just too bad that his contract was so prohibitive to that happening.

Anyone who thinks that our D was as good the last two years without Lavar in the lineup is a fool. When he was inserted into the lineup at the end of the year, our D got much better and without him, we wouldnt have won 5 straight to make the playoffs.

While Lavar stuck his foot in his mouth on more than one occasion, his play on the field didnt suffer. As for the sack numbers, he wasnt really asked to rush the passer and when he was, opposing teams looked to double him on the outside just as they have always done.

Tell me that our D was just as good against Denver and KC without Lavar in the lineup full time? You think Greg Williams finally inserted him because it made our defense.........stay the same? All you Lavar haters will eat crow when the defense takes the field next season. Although we may find a decent replacement, anything short of a physical presence like Lavar will not yield the same results and we could see repeats of the long runs that gashed our defense early in the season and cost us at least 2 games.

This sucks. Lavar should be in B&G. Its just too bad that his contract was so prohibitive to that happening.

If I recall correctly our defense held the Broncos outside of two runs to about 200 yards of offense...take the two runs away and it was like 110. They were ranked in the top 5 in the NFL before the 1st Giants game so statistically they didn't get any better with him in the lineup. He was a playmaker but sometimes he could be a play causer as well. Williams system doesn't require Lavars to be in their at lb...besides we have a better player in Washington, it requires discipline all the time. I dont' think we will suffer without him.

our D with Lavar not at 100% was good so all you really need to replace lavar is an average OLB to replace him to get the same results but just think with a 100% lavar in our Defence that could have pushed us over the edge assuming we took care of our D-Line problems

but really im more worried about what team he lands on because the year after players come back from knee surgery they play ALOT better then the year they come back because there usually not at 100% until the year after

Losing Lavar is no loss. He will just go somewhere else and get hurt as Lavar intends to do. The Defense has gotten long just fine without him and they will undoubtably do it again! I just hope it will bring a little more Ofense and work on the D-line the skins will be fine.

Just my 2 cents not tring to make anyone mad

This is starting to get old fellas. What was our record when Arrington was a starter without Joe Gibbs or Greg Williams? I don't even want to post it. This NFL is about the team, not the individual. Had Arrington smartened up, he would still be a Redskin. He made his bed, he lied to all Redskin fans with his all I want to be is a Redskin BS.

He was willing to write a check for 4 million dollars to get out of Washington DC. Does that sound like someone who just wants to be a Redskin?? I read his bluff when he dished it out, and no one would accept it. I told you all in the one or two threads that I started on this man, that he would not be a Redskin this season, and I took a lot of grief for it. Well, I told you so, I told you so. For all of you who worshiped this guy, I apologize for Arrington, lying to you, and making fools out of those who swore he would not leave this team. He not only left, he was willing to give up 4 million dollars?? Come on. That is a lot of money. I can't fathom writing off 4 million dollars just to let me go somewhere without any promise of a big contract. Good riddons Lavar, I hope you are finally where you want to be.

Depends on who is his replacement.

If its holdman who Lavar matched in tackles in 3 quarters then a great deal.

But if we address the D line move Marshal to WL and groom one of our youngins like a McCune or find one in free agency it will be minimal.

The question will then be if Lavar is on the iggles or midgets how do we contain him?

"This is starting to get old fellas. What was our record when Arrington was a starter without Joe Gibbs or Greg Williams? I don't even want to post it."

well...that's really great as far as cliches go. but that 5-11 record...whata ya think? maybe the offense had a lot to do with it? maybe the defense wasn't effective enough to make the record better? overall ranking means squat - it's like leading the NFL in total passing but losing in the first round of the playoffs every year.

he only played half last season, why do people think we are losing the most pivotal person on the team? Gregg Williams is a master of Schemes, he puts people where they need to be. I loved Lavar and i hate to see him go, but you know what, Gibbs made a decision, Arrington made a decision, Williams will get it taken care of.

Most of us are bummed out about losing Lavar, but in all reality, how much do you think our defense will suffer? Will it be tougher to stop the run? Will our pass defense suffer? Will it be harder to create as many turnovers?

I'm reluctant to say it's a good thing that losing Lavar will free up more space for scrappy-type players. But I think it actually is. Your thoughts?

Our defense won't suffer at all. It didn't suffer last year without him.

This is a good thing. I think most people are upset because now they have a jersey they can't wear.

Hail,

H

Guess I'm a fool. Our defense got better not because of Arrington, but because of Cornelius Griffin and Phillip Daniels. As you'll recall, they returned to the lineup, healthy, at that time. Remember how many balls they batted down, including the one LA intercepted against the Bucs?

Hail,

H

"This is starting to get old fellas. What was our record when Arrington was a starter without Joe Gibbs or Greg Williams? I don't even want to post it."

well...that's really great as far as cliches go. but that 5-11 record...whata ya think? maybe the offense had a lot to do with it? maybe the defense wasn't effective enough to make the record better? overall ranking means squat - it's like leading the NFL in total passing but losing in the first round of the playoffs every year.

Bulgaria? What does that have to do with Arrington turning his back on his beloved fans? Why do you keep supporting a player that no more wants to be a Redskin? A player instead of restructuring the contract, like a loyal player would, to turning your back on so many fans who thought the world revolved around you? A player who instead of working with the team, buys himself out with a fortune? He no more wanted to be a Redskin than a Philly, Dallas, or Giants fan. He BS'd everyone who supported and believed him. " All I want is to be a Redskin man":doh:

I think alot of us liked LaVar...the attitude, passion etc. he brought to the field when he played. But he didn't seem to be an impact player anymore..and I hate to say we can probably promote or bring in another guy that will fill that spot, be disciplined, tackle well, make some plays, and the defense won't miss a beat, nor miss Arrington much. So replace the position effectively?, Yes...replace the man? No.

GET RID OF DALE LINDSEY, that _______ just cost us Lavar and messed up the defense for years to come

Really??? Seems like year before last, with Lavar on the shelf, we we're top three in defense and this year, with Lavar playing we're top ten.

I don't think Lindsey is the problem.

BTW, just who's side are you on here? Redskins fan or Lavar fan??

Archived