Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's Official, and Confirmed (Joke Thread)

bubba9497

Sorry bubba, but you know as well as I do, that had anybody else started a useless and unnecessary thread such as this one, it would be closed.

(my best Jim Mora)

USELESS, USELESS...... HOW CAN YOU TALK USELESS?!

it was/is a joke.... a tension release to lighten the gloom & doom

BTW Chicken Little is a running gag here, as TK said. The old timers get the joke. :)

Is the reason this post is not closed yet becuase someone with 40,000 plus posts started it? Thats rediculous. Anyone else starts this post and its closed after about 10 people moan and groan about how the person who starts is should be kicked off. Favoritism?

tasteful (or tastless :D ) humor threads have long been a standing tradition on extremeskins. (ex. Why we'll beat "insert team" trash talk thread, or the Lenny P tribute thread, or the many humorous news article threads, Cowboy joke, eagle joke, giant joke threads...etc....)

This is not

1. False News

2. duplicate topic

3. inflammatory

4. spam

5. anything against board rules

Get a sense of humor

tasteful (or tastless :D ) humor threads have long been a standing tradition on extremeskins. (ex. Why we'll beat "insert team" trash talk thread, or the Lenny P tribute thread, or the many humorous news article threads, Cowboy joke, eagle joke, giant joke threads...etc....)

This is not

1. False News

2. duplicate topic

3. inflammatory

4. spam

5. anything against board rules

Get a sense of humor

I agree this isn't "spam"..But i'll give an example..The countdown to Redskins opening day thread had to do with the Redskins but got moved to tailgate...This thread has nothing to do with the Redskins but is still here?The countdown thread was considered "spam"..Am I missing something??

KINGBRICE 28, I love that pic :laugh:

Heavy Jumbo...as long as this will become a "misc." thread...I'll take this opprtunity to say something I've been meaning to for months:

Jumbo was a nickname I had long before coming here, but after I registered and saw you (and later a dozen similar versions :laugh: ) I felt a little guilty.

Now all I hope is that you never get blamed for any of the out-there stuff I might post :laugh:

as for bubba...well, he is special...he told me so. :silly:

Am I missing something??

Yes. It appears you never got the original point of moving that thread to the Tailgate as I explained in that thread.

You also appear to never have gotten when you were posting back to back to back in that thread THAT is what was being considered spam as defined in the Forum Rules.

I agree this isn't "spam"..But i'll give an example..The countdown to Redskins opening day thread had to do with the Redskins but got moved to tailgate...This thread has nothing to do with the Redskins but is still here?The countdown thread was considered "spam"..Am I missing something??

Yeah, we all like Bubba.

Yes. It appears you never got the original point of moving that thread to the Tailgate as I explained in that thread.

You also appear to never have gotten when you were posting back to back to back in that thread THAT is what was being considered spam as defined in the Forum Rules.

I know I was posting back to back to back..But it was about the Redskins..This on the other hand is not..But its in the stadium forum.

yeah... This is a joke based on the news that the talks broke down, and so many gloomy posts.

I never read it but I assume the reason was the countdown thread is just a waste of space that serves zero purpose, this far out from the season..

another example, During the win streak we had a "reach a certain number of posts for good luck" threads. No real intellectual purpose... but it gave a feeling of board unity and some how giving the team some good mojo... and as long as we were winning, the threads continued each week.

BTW, I have had threads moved before, and merged/closed when I posted dupe news threads by mistake (I am human).

in fact TK moved one of my threads about Redskin tailgating... to tailgate.. the :censored:

:D

I know I was posting back to back to back..But it was about the Redskins..This on the other hand is not..But its in the stadium forum.

You know, if you really wanted that thread to hit a million posts, you'd be asking your questions about it there. Duh. :)

I never read it but I assume the reason was the countdown thread is just a waste of space that serves zero purpose, this far out from the season..

another example, During the win streak we had a "reach a certain number of posts for good luck" threads. No real intellectual purpose... but it gave a feeling of board unity and some how giving the team some good mojo... and as long as we were winning, the threads continued each week.

DING!

Heavy Jumbo...as long as this will become a "misc." thread...I'll take this opprtunity to say something I've been meaning to for months:

Jumbo was a nickname I had long before coming here, but after I registered and saw you (and later a dozen similar versions :laugh: ) I felt a little guilty.

Originally, I registered as BuckSkin (my nickname with a skins reference) and then just Buck. Once Gibbs came back I changed my username Heavy Jumbo in anticipation of what we'd (have liked to) see around the goal line.

I felt pretty bad when I saw someone else had already used a variation of my name, but I then rationalized it by saying the other guy hasn't logged on to Extreme for what has now been almost 2 years so I SHOULD be able to use this username, right? :)

How is this thread not about the Skins?

If you look at the Stadiums first page, you'll see the panic of people with the number threads on Cap hell, cut this one or that one, what Danny should do, and the latest news from the league office.

This thread is to confirm for all those Redskins fans in panic mode,

THE SKY IS FALLING

WE'RE DOOMED

chickenlittle03.jpg

yes it's true, the sky IS falling

We need a Department of Skyland Security. Soemthing this serious needs a sky falling threat level indicator.

Green=Sky is flying high.

Yellow=Signs Sky is coming lower.

Orange=Warning low ceiling.

Red=Cover your head that sucker is crashing down.

This whole "the sky is falling/ chicken little" scenario...does it in any way prohibit us from drinking beer?? Because if it does, then that would really suck.........

As of now, beer drinking is not being prohibited.

Stay tuned, it may be a required activity within minutes.........

(my best Jim Mora)

USELESS, USELESS...... HOW CAN YOU TALK USELESS?!

it was/is a joke.... a tension release to lighten the gloom & doom

BTW Chicken Little is a running gag here, as TK said. The old timers get the joke. :)

Yeah, I know the joke bubba and I've been around long enough to "get it". I don't see a problem with people expressing legitimate concerns about the future of our team. Yes it needs to be dialed down, but to me they are just showing how passionate they are about the 'skins.

I guess the Chicken little joke just isn't that funny to me anymore. It's, how do they put it? Sooo five minutes ago. :)

Now that the sky is officially falling, let me be the first one to say that the Redskins will finish 0-16 in 2006. Fatty P & Peter Queen were right. The Redskins do suck. And the game has passed Joe Gibbs by. There's no way he can field a competitive team under these circumstances. :)

Archived