Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's Official, and Confirmed (Joke Thread)

bubba9497

If I use the word ironic to decribe posts one more time this week I'll use up my whole month's supply :)

here these might help:

Main Entry: ironic

Part of Speech: adjective

Definition: sarcastic

Synonyms: acrid, alert, arrogant, backbiting, biting, bitter, burlesque, caustic, chaffing, clever, contemptuous, contradictory, critical, cutting, cynical, defiant, derisive, disparaging, double-edged, exaggerated, implausible, incisive, incongruous, ironical, jibing, keen, mocking, mordant, paradoxical, pungent, quick-witted, ridiculous, sardonic, satiric, satirical, scathing, scoffing, sharp, sneering, spicy, trenchant, twisted, uncomplimentary, unexpected, witty, wry

Antonyms: sincere

Main Entry: comical

Part of Speech: adjective

Definition: amusing

Synonyms: absurd, batty, boffo, camp, comic, comical, crazy shtick, dippy, diverting, dizzy, droll, entertaining, facetious, farcical, flaky, fool, fool around, fool-headed, freaky, funny, gelastic, goofus, goofy, gump, humorous, ironic, jerky, jocular, joking, joshing, laughable, light, loony, ludicrous, Mickey Mouse, nutty, priceless, ridiculous, risible, screwy, side-splitting, silly, wacky, waggish, whimsical, witty

Antonyms: grave, sad, serious, solemn, tragic, unfunny

Source: Roget's New Millenniumâ„¢ Thesaurus, First Edition (v 1.1.1)

Copyright © 2006 by Lexico Publishing Group, LLC. All rights reserved.

If I use the word ironic to decribe posts one more time this week I'll use up my whole month's supply :)

Ordinarily the "ironic" limit is set a bit higher in the offseason. However, due to the current CBA issues, membership numbers, and the general reaction of the membership at large, that limit has been raised.

Exponentially.

;)

Ordinarily the "ironic" limit is set a bit higher in the offseason. However, due to the current CBA issues, membership numbers, and the general reaction of the membership at large, that limit has been raised.

Exponentially.

;)

Given the situation, I'm willing to re-phrase for the good of the site, because since I've been here as a member, I've always put the site first. :D

here these might help:

acrid

burlesque

chaffing

jibing

keen

mordant

sardonic

trenchant

These were my faves under the sarcastic defintion :)

Two of them I never woulda suspected :laugh:

You are so good to me :notworthy

The only reason I even posted here was because of the members who reacted the way they did, and tried to show you their point. I have always felt that some good humor was welcome here. I believe you are seeing the way some members react when they have been called out for rule breaking. I think the forum should welcome more humorous threads, and like you say lighten up, and have a good time in here.

You always provide many threads that make good discussion. Bet you never thought this one would get so many responses! It's all good guys. We are just lost when the seaon is over, and don't have much to talk about. Cheers. HTTR.

Archived