Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vince Young Scores A Six On The Wonderlic Test

Hooper

I was just getting ready to post this..i got it from http://www.robertlittal.com

The Slow Bus? 2-25-06

There is a rumor going around (started by a NFL website)

that Vince Young scored 6 out of 50 on his Wonderlic

test (a form of an IQ test). Normally I am not one to

put much stock into IQ tests as a measurement of ones

intelligence, but after taking the 15 question sample

test on ESPN.com and getting 13 out of 15 correct it

seems impossible to me unless someone has a mental

disability that they would score only 6 out of 50.

You would have to be the slow yellow school bus dumb

to score 6 out of 50. You have to be trade for Steve

Francis when you already have Falling Starbury dumb

to get that low of score.

Click Here To Take The Sample Wonderlic Test

Once again this is just a rumor and obviously book

smarts are not the #1 characteristic of being a football

player, but it would concern me if a QB I was considering

drafting in the top 5 only scored a 6. I believe an 8th

grader could score a 6 on this test, so either someone is

just trying to tarnish Vince’s name or he is extremely

stupid. What does it mean for his draft status?

[Message Truncated To Read Entire Article Click Here]

I think Sean Taylor scored in the single digits......I think.....so its not outlandish...heck Manley couldn't even read when he left college. Ramsey had a great score...Henson had one of the best ever. Doesn't speak towards talent on the field.

I disagree with the fact that it doesn't mean much, yes we are not looking for rocket scientists but for the O-line and Qb I believe smarts are very important.

Well when you're a big time high school/college football player you don't necessarily put academics as #1 on your priority list.

sadly it is true. i guy at my high school who was a star linebacker had a horrid gpa. like in the 1.0 to to 2.0 range. he got a full ride to college though.

Well when you're a big time high school/college football player you don't necessarily put academics as #1 on your priority list.

The problem is, the questions on that test are grade school level. And I don't buy that football players don't take it seriously. I think they do and it's a very sad statement when so many of them score in the single digits.

Hail,

H

The problem is, the questions on that test are grade school level. And I don't buy that football players don't take it seriously. I think they do and it's a very sad statement when so many of them score in the single digits.

Hail,

H

You honestly think a guy who knows he's gonna go top 3 in his draft class is gonna care about a wonderlic score? He could score a zero and the team that had him marked down as their pick would still pick him. You know why? Because he's not an iffy prospect. His ability was on display all year and on the biggest stage in college football. A wonderlic score won't help him nor would it hurt him. I'd bet his mentality is "who cares".

In 2003. When he was still a late round-to-FA QB.

Plus, he did better than McNabb. I don't see why you're laughing.

Because Eagle fans have little to be happy about recently, so they have to try and make the Redskins look bad.

I looked over a list that had a ton of QBs and their wonderlic scores, and the only other 6 I found was Oscar Davenport, a QB out of UNC in 1999. Needless to say, he was not drafted.

6 outta 50 is scary, especially after looking at that practice test. Too bad the test isn't all multiple choice, he could've just picked A every time and would've scored higher then a 6. :laugh:

sadly it is true. i guy at my high school who was a star linebacker had a horrid gpa. like in the 1.0 to to 2.0 range. he got a full ride to college though.
Don't you have to have at least a 2.0 to play high school sports?

You honestly think a guy who knows he's gonna go top 3 in his draft class is gonna care about a wonderlic score? He could score a zero and the team that had him marked down as their pick would still pick him. You know why? Because he's not an iffy prospect. His ability was on display all year and on the biggest stage in college football. A wonderlic score won't help him nor would it hurt him. I'd bet his mentality is "who cares".

You are aware that Texas had to significantly cut their playbook down to fit Vince Young, right?

Archived