Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vince Young Scores A Six On The Wonderlic Test

Hooper

skinz, it's not that it's 'wrong' for these QB's to run when they don't see the open man. I think the concensus here is that they give up on the play and run TOO EARLY. Vick will take his drop, look around for a sec, then start running. I think part of that is a problem with the offense he's forced to run, but it still shows a lack of vision on his part.

Plus, you gotta admit, he's got some accuracy issues.

As far as Vince Young goes, nobody knows. There is a lot of promise there, as well as a few concerns. The ridiculous wonderlic score is one of these concerns. I think bang did a ... bang-up job of explaining why it may worry pro scouts and coaches.

the only thing i see wrong with vick is that his arm is too strong,he overthrows too much.he needs better WR's too.

For someone who has a very strong arm, he doesn't complete many long passes!

So the fact his he has almost as many turnovers as TD is because his arm is too strong?

The fact that his career QB rating is 75 is because his arm is too strong?

The fact he only had 27 plays over 20 yards last year is because his arm is too strong? (Brady, who you love to bash, had 59)

He has the 26th ranked yards per catch average, that’s a tough one to blame on too strong of an arm. He seems to do best at short passes.

28 other QB's have a higher completion percentage.

He is not changing the QB position because is at best an average QB.

As I said before I am a huge VT fan and really wanted Vick to excel in the NFL but he has been a disappointment. His running ability is the probably only thing that keeps his starting job, if it wasn't for that, the Falcons would have moved on. He is start to get the reputation as uncoachable. Running skills are a bonus for a QB not the primary skill.

For someone who has a very strong arm, he doesn't complete many long passes!

So the fact his he has almost as many turnovers as TD is because his arm is too strong?

The fact that his career QB rating is 75 is because his arm is too strong?

The fact he only had 27 plays over 20 yards last year is because his arm is too strong? (Brady, who you love to bash, had 59)

He has the 26th ranked yards per catch average, that’s a tough one to blame on too strong of an arm. He seems to do best at short passes.

28 other QB's have a higher completion percentage.

He is not changing the QB position because is at best an average QB.

As I said before I am a huge VT fan and really wanted Vick to excel in the NFL but he has been a disappointment. His running ability is the probably only thing that keeps his starting job, if it wasn't for that, the Falcons would have moved on. He is start to get the reputation as uncoachable. Running skills are a bonus for a QB not the primary skill.

vick maybe a disappointment to you,but vick isnt worried about what you or anyone esle thinks of him,he has worked his butt off getting there and he made it,what's wrong with that?

vick maybe a disappointment to you,but vick isnt worried about what you or anyone esle thinks of him,he has worked his butt off getting there and he made it,what's wrong with that?

LOL, are your Vicks boyfriend or his criminal brother(I bet you'll find a way to defend him as well)? You're are so clueless, your response is..."he doesn't care what you think" la la la.......So why do you even post anything if you think all that matters is what the players and teams thinks. When someone lays out facts to you and all you throw out is excuses, 'he's being judged unfairly because his black", 'they don't care what you think', 'your a racist' Blah Blah Blah. Are you reading what everyone thinks of you, even the people who tried to give you the benefit of the doubt have given up on you. You’re a joke? I'd say your act like a child but I'd hate to insult children. You probably think the Holocaust didn't happen, we didn't land on the moon, OJ didn't do it , and Elvis is still alive.

i am done with this thread.

Finally, A coherent, intelligent post.

Now back to the real subject of the post. The latest I read, was that yes indeed his test was incorrectly scored and he did get a higher score. Instead of a 6, he got a 7. The report also said that he got to take it over the next day and did indeed score a 16. Here's the rub, there are 6 or so different versions of the test and apparently they gave his the EXACT same test with the exact same questions. So I ask you guys, which is worse;

1) getting a 7 the first time

or

2) getting a 16 the next day with the identical question and knowing you really needed to prepare?

Yeah,, thing is, to get a 7 you have to try.

I mean, you could mark every answer "c" and get better than 7 I'd bet.

~Bang

Maybe you should have used 'A' as an example, if he truly got a 6 or 7 then he might not know the whole alphabet.

well, I'll tell you. Obviously you aren't aware at how oversimplified they had to make the Texas playbook for him. Obviously you aren't aware that even after that it took him two years to learn it..

Matt Leinart had 2 years to the USC playbook.

Obviously you aren't aware that their entire offense revolved around 5 or 6 plays, and that isn't a joke. Texas ran one or two run plays, and the rest were options for him to run or pass. If you think that will fly in the NFL, you're dreaming.

Well I guess that good defenses USC and Ohio State couldn't stop their 3 pass plays must mean something. He was that good that even if you knew they would run the option you still couldn't stop it.

All you see is his remarkable athleticism, which it certainly is. You take absolutely no account of the fact that 95% of every player he's played against so far aren't good enough to make it to the next level where he's going. EVERYONE up in the pros is a pro, even the lowliest scrub is better than the overwhelming majority of opponents he's ever faced.

You can Make the same case for every QB in CFB history. He played awesome against a team like OSU where every one of their LB's is being drafted early and their whole Secondary is going to drafted. USC had 40 future NFL players on their team and they couldn't stop him.

You ignore that he has NEVER and i mean NEVER taken a snap under center in his college career. The FIRST TIME he takes a snap under center in mini-camp this spring will be the FIRST TIME HE EVER takes a snap under center.

He did have a few under center plays but there was only 8 of them. I don't think it hurt Ben Roethlisberger, Steve McNair, Chad Pennington, and Byron Leftwich that they came from Gimmick offenses and they succeeded in the NFL.

Now you add all that up and what you have is a quarterback who has never ever played anything resembling the NFL quarterback position in his life. Now you're going to pay him top five money, and with that, he has 2 years to be ready.

What is "resembling the NFL Quarter position". Is that make NFL throws on great defenses. Is that a 65% completion percentage, Naking clutch throws, and dominating in the big games against good teams.

And you're going to look at a 6 on the Wonderlic and expect him to learn it? You're going to look at the Texas playbook and expect him to learn a pro offense?

He didn't score a 6. Can you actually fall for the PFT rumor that has no credible source.

Well I guess that good defenses USC and Ohio State couldn't stop their 3 pass plays must mean something. He was that good that even if you knew they would run the option you still couldn't stop it.

You can Make the same case for every QB in CFB history. He played awesome against a team like OSU where every one of their LB's is being drafted early and their whole Secondary is going to drafted. USC had 40 future NFL players on their team and they couldn't stop him.

Did you just say that USC had a good defense? If I'm not mistaken, wern't they ranked in the high 70's in the country on defense? Great Offense but they won't have any 1st round defensive players in this years draft. As for Ohio State , they were the only team they played all year with a good defense and he had just as many interceptions as TD's, two each.

Did you just say that USC had a good defense? If I'm not mistaken, wern't they ranked in the high 70's in the country on defense? Great Offense but they won't have any 1st round defensive players in this years draft. As for Ohio State , they were the only team they played all year with a good defense and he had just as many interceptions as TD's, two each.

they were in the 30's. They have some talent on their defense like Darnell Bing and some young athletic players.

they were in the 30's. They have some talent on their defense like Darnell Bing and some young athletic players.

I stand corrected, according to the NCAA site they finished ranked 48th for total defense and 42 against the pass. As for Ohio State, they were 5th overall but only 30th against the pass. Just something to think about when wondering if Young has been really tested.

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?div=4&rpt=IA_teamtotdef&site=org

I stand corrected, according to the NCAA site they finished ranked 48th for total defense and 42 against the pass. As for Ohio State, they were 5th overall but only 30th against the pass. Just something to think about when wondering if Young has been really tested.

inx,were'>http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?div=4&rpt=IA_teamtotdef&site=org

inx,were you one of those who doubted mcnair?so,in ur eyes anyone who isnt a brady clone are doomed to fail?:allhail: <<<<<<<<lavar

all i know is ppl are bashing vick,culpepper,and some may bash leftwich,too many ppl on here say that they cant read a defense,now ppl are bashing vince young b4 he even gets on the field,what is the common denominator here? they all are black,oh ppl bash mcnabb as well as aarron brooks.who cares if he scores a 6? as long as he gets his team to next level.................................SCREW THE WONDER TEST.:2cents:

Dude, come on do we have to play the race card on everything?

I thought we're better then that. If that's all you can come up with then you shouldn't even post on the board. For me it doesn't matter what "color" they are. The score is the score and the position is QB where intelligence plays a huge factor.

Let's not bring race into this. Not one person stated anything, i mean anything, about race before you made your biased remark.....

Jeez, some people always have to play that card, no matter what.... It's really gotten old...

:2cents:

who cares about what vince's score was? had he scored 100,you ppl would still be saying"he cant read a defense" or "he got lucky"i never said the test was racist,i said that everytime a black QB comes to the nfl,ppl say they cant read a defense,if randall cunningham couldnt "read" a defense,why will he be headed to the HOF?and besides,if all my WR's were covered i'd takeoff and run too,that is called"reading coverage"all this "cant read a D" stuff is just a way of saying they shouldnt be playing QB,only the "tuck" brady's should be.

first of all "brainiac" the highest score is 50. Where do you see Randall is going to the HOF? What NFL were you watching back then. I see no wrong in playing a black QB, McNabb has turned out to be a very good QB, as well as Culpepper. Also I don't remember seeing Brady anywhere in this thread. You need to get a grip man. With every post you just make yourself look more like an *****.

I'll tell you one thing, if Marcus Vick gets his act together he possess all the tools to be a great NFL QB, much better then his overhyped brother.

first of all "brainiac" the highest score is 50. Where do you see Randall is going to the HOF? What NFL were you watching back then. I see no wrong in playing a black QB, McNabb has turned out to be a very good QB, as well as Culpepper. Also I don't remember seeing Brady anywhere in this thread. You need to get a grip man. With every post you just make yourself look more like an *****.

I'll tell you one thing, if Marcus Vick gets his act together he possess all the tools to be a great NFL QB, much better then his overhyped brother.

ur circumventing the filters................that is a no-no.

Archived