Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vince Young Scores A Six On The Wonderlic Test

Hooper

You are really starting to **** all over everything Redskins related...didnt use to be so bad before.

No, I'm just showing that the Wonderlic is highly overrated. Look at how great Taylor is and he is, for all intents and purposes, a rock.

McNabb scored low. Shoot, lets just name all the high profile players who scored low on the Wonderlic.

No, I'm just showing that the Wonderlic is highly overrated. Look at how great Taylor is and he is, for all intents and purposes, a rock.

McNabb scored low. Shoot, lets just name all the high profile players who scored low on the Wonderlic.

Oh no, I am just saying your posts in general are increasingly more anti skin. Just look at this thread we were talking about Young and you bring up Taylor, which has nothing to do with the thread. I understand your point but I am just making an observation.

You honestly think a guy who knows he's gonna go top 3 in his draft class is gonna care about a wonderlic score? He could score a zero and the team that had him marked down as their pick would still pick him. You know why? Because he's not an iffy prospect. His ability was on display all year and on the biggest stage in college football. A wonderlic score won't help him nor would it hurt him. I'd bet his mentality is "who cares".

If VY was a WR, LB, S or any other position I would agree with what you said. But he's a QB, that's one position where teams take serious consideration into a prospects ability on the test. If he came into the test thinking that the Wonderlic won't mean anything and didn't even try on the test he's an even bigger idiot. You don't just get by with athletic ability at the QB position.

Look at the reaction already from the news of his score getting around. This is the first time i've seen a low wonderlic score get this big of a reaction, and it's not the the first time a top 5 pick has scored less than a 10 on the test. Though since VY is a QB it's a HUGE deal.

A six is pathetic. He must have some kind of learning disability -- hmm, I wonder how he stayed eligible?

That said, the Wonderlic may be overrated. Ramsey scored a thirty something and he still can't figure out if the blitz is coming or not.

Oh no, I am just saying your posts in general are increasingly more anti skin. Just look at this thread we were talking about Young and you bring up Taylor, which has nothing to do with the thread. I understand your point but I am just making an observation.

Going to have to agree with fdarugar there.

Wow that is pretty bad for a QB, plus his akward throwing motion and lack of accuracy lead me to believe he has a good chance of becoming a bust.
pretty bad?why is it when a QB like young gets a low score,you all make a big deal about it?is it b/c he happens to be a black QB?i hope not alot of those"test" can be scewred to benefit certain ppl.

A six is pathetic. He must have some kind of learning disability -- hmm, I wonder how he stayed eligible?

That said, the Wonderlic may be overrated. Ramsey scored a thirty something and he still can't figure out if the blitz is coming or not.

Yea, no kidding and that's exactly why he'll still be in Washington come opening day or at least one of the reasons....I'll never forget the Bears game when the blitz was right in his face and he failed to check down let alone pick it up and he almost got killed. Coach Gibbs was like oh h...nah, we need to get him out of their and save his life. But Ramsey will be alright recognizing the therat takes a little longer for some than others and he'll come along.

I looked over a list that had a ton of QBs and their wonderlic scores, and the only other 6 I found was Oscar Davenport, a QB out of UNC in 1999. Needless to say, he was not drafted.

That's why it's an issue. - Usually O-linemen and QB's are the highest, because they need to be the smartest. - I believe the most popular position of Ivy league players in the NFL is O-line.

You are aware that Texas had to significantly cut their playbook down to fit Vince Young, right?

If that's true, that could become an issue.

pretty bad?why is it when a QB like young gets a low score,you all make a big deal about it?is it b/c he happens to be a black QB?i hope not alot of those"test" can be scewred to benefit certain ppl.

Nobody ever even mentioned color in reference to anything about the wonderlic score, so don't try to turn it into a racist issue

Nobody ever even mentioned color in reference to anything about the wonderlic score, so don't try to turn it into a racist issue
all i know is ppl are bashing vick,culpepper,and some may bash leftwich,too many ppl on here say that they cant read a defense,now ppl are bashing vince young b4 he even gets on the field,what is the common denominator here? they all are black,oh ppl bash mcnabb as well as aarron brooks.who cares if he scores a 6? as long as he gets his team to next level.................................SCREW THE WONDER TEST.:2cents:

all i know is ppl are bashing vick,culpepper,and some may bash leftwich,too many ppl on here say that they cant read a defense,now ppl are bashing vince young b4 he even gets on the field,what is the common denominator here? they all are black,oh ppl bash mcnabb as well as aarron brooks.who cares if he scores a 6? as long as he gets his team to next level.................................SCREW THE WONDER TEST.:2cents:

:doh: :doh: :doh:

I personally bash Sheli all the time...is it because he's a white quarterback? :doh:

Archived