Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I just e-mailed someone to tell her my name is spelled wrong on our wiki page and gave her the correct spelling of my name. She then replied to apologize and said she hates when people spell her name wrong. Great. Too bad you just spelled my name wrong in the response :doh:

I just e-mailed someone to tell her my name is spelled wrong on our wiki page and gave her the correct spelling of my name. She then replied to apologize and said she hates when people spell her name wrong. Great. Too bad you just spelled my name wrong in the response :doh:

Usually when someone spells your name wrong, its because they dont take the time to care.

But, sometimes its not the person's fault...I felt bad one time when I sent an email to a government employee doing work for us and spell check changed his name to 'Mr.Retort' :ols:

Imagine having a last name like mine, Castrogiovanni

:ols:

I know how you feel. I have a simple name, but everyone misspells it, even people I've known for years.

Castrogiovanni? That's an awesome name! Sounds like the name of some Cuban/Italian hit man from a Tarantino movie.

Yep, my fathers parents immigrated from Pescara in '48. What generation are you?

3rd generation. My grandparents on both sides are Irish and Italian. I know on my dad's side they came from Northern Italy near the Alps and on my mom's side they came from Sicily.

I'm listening to the Scott Van Pelt show on ESPN Radio and he said if there are any guys listening to his show that have Justin Beiber on their iPods, they are banned from listening to his show and that they should also punch themselves in the face lol

I'm listening to the Scott Van Pelt show on ESPN Radio and he said if there are any guys listening to his show that have Justin Beiber on their iPods, they are banned from listening to his show and that they should also punch themselves in the face lol

Scott Van Pelt is my favorite guy on ESPN. That is just too funny :ols:

There is no such thing as listenable hosts on ESPN radio

They're all horrible save Kornheiser who only does the DC ESPN show

Mike and Mike - too corporate and annoying..."HEYYYYYYYYYYYY GREENIE". Ignore anything that isn't football or baseball related.

Colin Cowherd - Horrible radio show host who has a habit of reading emails with the preface "Email." "Email, Colin, your show is great. Signed - John in DC". Also plagiarizes material and causes controversy with his insensitivity towards Sean Taylor and wrestling stars who have passed on'

"Tirico and Van Pelt" - unappealing

Scott Van Pelt - no comment, never heard him

Scott Van Pelt = UMD Graduate :pfft:

Yep. Although better yet, he's a Redskins fan as well.

I finally took the GMAT today, after spending the last month studying my ass for it.

I got a 600 (it's out of 800, but the average score is roughly a 500), which is a pretty good score, but I think I could have done just slightly better.

I scored in the 92nd percentile in the Verbal half, and in the 33rd percentile in the Math half of the test. So basically, I got a Duke or Harvard level score in Verbal and a Tijuana Public College level score in the Math.

You only get 75 minutes to fully answer 37 math problems, and I choked on a few of them, taking too long to try and solve them, and then had a bit of a panic attack trying to get back on pace with the time limit. If I had just settled down and took the time to answer maybe 3 or 4 extra math problems correctly, I could have boosted my overall score to about a 620 or so. Ugh.

I can't complain too much though, since I honestly figured I'd get about a 570 as my overall score, so 600 is obviously a good bit better than that.

Don't know if it's quite good enough to get me into grad school though.

Yep. Although better yet, he's a Redskins fan as well.

I finally took the GMAT today, after spending the last month studying my ass for it.

I got a 600 (it's out of 800, but the average score is roughly a 500), which is a pretty good score, but I think I could have done just slightly better.

I scored in the 92nd percentile in the Verbal half, and in the 33rd percentile in the Math half of the test. So basically, I got a Duke or Harvard level score in Verbal and a Tijuana Public College level score in the Math.

You only get 75 minutes to fully answer 37 math problems, and I choked on a few of them, taking too long to try and solve them, and then had a bit of a panic attack trying to get back on pace with the time limit. If I had just settled down and took the time to answer maybe 3 or 4 extra math problems correctly, I could have boosted my overall score to about a 620 or so. Ugh.

I can't complain too much though, since I honestly figured I'd get about a 570 as my overall score, so 600 is obviously a good bit better than that.

Don't know if it's quite good enough to get me into grad school though.

Ouch. Good luck

To raise your spirits

gVz6KALBtgw

Do you listen to any sports talk radio sir

You seem like the guy who would listen to Irvin's ESPN Radio show:ols:

Oh **** you all got Dominique Jones from Memphis

I don't approve getting Jones.

Actually I don't think I have ever listened to the Irvin show. I listen to the Ticket (1310) because it blows ESPN out of the water.

Archived