Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

There is a TED talk by David Epstein whether atheletes are getting bigger, faster stronger genetically . Answer was: probably not.

Jesse Owens probably just as fast as Usain Bolt but he ran on a cinder track and used a trowel for starting blocks. 

Technilogy, training, and better sport specific athlete selection have led to most of the gains. But humans, still generally the same.

serena Williams and lavar Arrington would be my breeding pair.

There rolls the deep where grew the tree. 
O earth, what changes hast thou seen! 
There where the long street roars, hath been 
The stillness of the central sea. 

The hills are shadows, and they flow

From form to form, and nothing stands;

They melt like mist, the solid lands,

Like clouds they shape themselves and go.  

#earthday #tennyson

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Get exposure by looking pretty. 

That seems rather implausible.  Did she train in the sport all those years when it was outside of the public eye knowing that it would become popular just as she was hitting her stride, and that the women's leagues would be popular?  All just to make sure she'd be in position to get noticed if she got a boob-job?  Or is it much more likely that if you were to gather up a group of women with a passion for competitive fighting, some of them might be attractive.

30 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Look at the before and after pics.

I don't think she has a passion for mma. She retired after her first loss. Went into acting. Smart financial move tho. 

She had enough of a passion for Martial Arts to rise to the top and fight for the title.  Also, I never specified MMA.  She started her career in Muai Thai kickboxing and won the title in Thailand.

My god hockey is awful. I have no idea how anyone enjoys this sport. It's so boring, everything feels delayed because you can't see the damn puck, i feel like the goalie is so big and goal so small if he just squats in the goal he should stop 90% of shots,.it's just a humpfest on the boards, it has no flow, hey smack it into the corner again.

Ugh. I hate it 

Archived