Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Will Greek life on universities all but disappear in the next 20 years?

Will Ferrell comments..

http://gawker.com/will-ferrell-on-fraternities-maybe-just-get-rid-of-the-1693008670

My fraternity was the same way as Will's. Had fun, but nothing like animal house. I was a junior in college when I joined, so I guess I was just too busy to get swept up in some of the nonsense. I told them when I pledged I wasn't doing anything dangerous, stupid or illegal. I told them, they needed me more than I needed them. It was a great experience and I met some good people. I enjoyed the philanthropic work and going on camping trips. Made some good friends, but I had so much else to do between finishing my degree and working, I had no time for being an idiot. My fraternity is Pi Kappa Phi.

My sophomore year, I was assigned a new roomate. I won't say his first name, but last name was Wood and he wanted to be called Woody. Dude was 100% swept up, gung-ho, party hearty, bring on the kegs pledging of Sigma Chi. Basically, he went to college to party. I warned him that he needed to find a balance or he'd flunk out.

Funny thing, I had my best semester ever. I guess looking at him being a total loser made me work harder. He never came back to be my roomate. Last I had talked to him towards the end of the semester, he was facing academic probation. 1 C, 1 D and 3 Fs.

I told them when I pledged I was doing anything dangerous, stupid or illegal...  My fraternity is Pi Kappa Phi.

That's what you told them huh. You bad ass mother...shut yo' mouth.

I would rather have a fraternity like Lambda, Lambda, Lambda. Happy to stay at the Hotel Coral Essex.

No frat life for me. I was too busy for all that noise.

That's what you told them huh. You bad ass mother...shut yo' mouth.

I would rather have a fraternity like Lambda, Lambda, Lambda. Happy to stay at the Hotel Coral Essex.

No frat life for me. I was too busy for all that noise.

Kosh with his fighting with the Alpha Betas, panty raiding Pi Delta Pi, looking at Betty on hidden cameras while eating Cheerio's with beer, running game on Omega Mu's then taking control of the Greek Council lookin ass   

:D  classic movie though 

When I was learning to play basketball, I played very soft.

Joined the Army, couple dudes who had free rides to Div I-A schools (got in trouble with weed, DUIs, etc) started teaching me how to play.

So we finally think we can play, and roll out to the local schools to test our newfound skills.  Everyone who's anyone in WA plays at the local high schools after hours.

We were smoking these dudes.  I was undersized for a PF, but could jump pretty good.  We agreed, no dunking (safety).

Then I got dunked on couple games in.

That never happened to me before.  I wanted to punch dude in his throat.  1. its embarrassing to get dunked on 2. we agreed not to

Next game, I dunked on him (never did that before LOL) our guard lofted up a pass and I went up to lay it in and realized I was above rim and slammed it home.  Was so high in the air and I wasn't used to it, busted my ass on the way down. 

We used to run all day long.  I miss being in that good of shape.  I'm working on it.  Won't ever be 5 hours of basketball shape again, but one game - I'd be happy.

cheddar cheese on apple pie?  the **** is wrong with you?!

****ing Californians :huh:

That was my first thought...

But now I'm curious. That Cheddar at the Melting Pot with the sliced apples is the mad notes.

But I'm typically a apple pie a la mode kinda guy.

But now I'm curious. That Cheddar at the Melting Pot with the sliced apples is the mad notes.

okay wait...that's a good point

and after a google image search, i admit I chubbed out of curiosity...

tumblr_llb9idNuHE1qcn3o7o1_1280-560x419.

When I was learning to play basketball, I played very soft.

Joined the Army, couple dudes who had free rides to Div I-A schools (got in trouble with weed, DUIs, etc) started teaching me how to play.

So we finally think we can play, and roll out to the local schools to test our newfound skills.  Everyone who's anyone in WA plays at the local high schools after hours.

We were smoking these dudes.  I was undersized for a PF, but could jump pretty good.  We agreed, no dunking (safety).

Then I got dunked on couple games in.

That never happened to me before.  I wanted to punch dude in his throat.  1. its embarrassing to get dunked on 2. we agreed not to

Next game, I dunked on him (never did that before LOL) our guard lofted up a pass and I went up to lay it in and realized I was above rim and slammed it home.  Was so high in the air and I wasn't used to it, busted my ass on the way down. 

We used to run all day long.  I miss being in that good of shape.  I'm working on it.  Won't ever be 5 hours of basketball shape again, but one game - I'd be happy.

I've gotten dunked on a few times. I've also swatted dudes who tried to dunk. Like my hero Zo, you win some you lose some. I never could quite dunk. I could jump just high enough to grab the rim, even after years of plyometric training in high school. Might see whats going on at Watkins Park in a few weeks.

Not to mention if you give em a hard foul its like an act of terrorism and youd probably get powerbombed by a Secret Service agent

Can you imagine POTUS running into a screen like the one that decked that UMD player? Who is gong to Leavenworth? The guy wonder the moving pick or the teammate that didn't call it out?

Archived