Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

My NBA 2k15 Washington Wizards save was corrupted so I lost my hard work rebuilding the team to relevance. They were 36-33 before the save crashed. 

Everyone should play NBA 2k15 MyGM mode because it is the most fun you will ever have with a sports game in 2015. I was meeting with my coaches and players and they have badges and stuff and you can coddle them or give them tough love and you can attend press conferences and you can even coach the game too 

Since my Wizards save has crashed I have been forced to coach Philadelphia. Things are alright, this team is obviously one of the youngest rosters in the league but we still expect results, nothing less than an 8th seed in the East will do. This team is young but they have heart 

Stroker and Springy......all the talk last night about music got me thinking about ****.  Just growing up, listening to the radio as a young Taze on a radio alarm clock going to bed.  

Moving the antenna around, trying to pick up "that station" even though a lot wouldn't come in clear, especially living in the foothills/mountains of NC.  I think I may have brought this up in here before (a while back), but Tazette hasn't had that experience and I was going to buy her one for Christmas, but honestly never got around to it (considering we had bought her a ton of stuff already).

I'm gonna pull the trigger.  Every kid should have a radio to go to sleep to and listen to tunes, find themselves.  Hell, I'm gonna buy one for myself too.  

There is something to be said for an old analog radio.

When I've been putting lil spring to sleep I've been listening to pandora from time to time. I have a Radiohead station that is a great mix of old classic rock, 90's alternative and new electronic indie music. Radiohead really transcends several genres of music.

The Show RTTS games are short and quick but franchise mode takes forever even on quick mode. NBA 2k game takes like 25 minutes. 

Should probably start a game right now. 

I only play online for the most part in all games I play.  The only franchise mode I play is Madden, and the first time was this year in a league that MLS, Rodrigo, Momma TGTM, Goon and I play in.  It's fun.  

There is something to be said for an old analog radio.

When I've been putting lil spring to sleep I've been listening to pandora from time to time. I have a Radiohead station that is a great mix of old classic rock, 90's alternative and new electronic indie music. Radiohead really transcends several genres of music.

Thats cool man.  Wife brought up using Pandora or another app, but I want to go a little more old school.  Of course now, they are all digital, which is fine.  I asked her, she said she wanted one.  They are fairly cheap (seem to be $20-50 average), hopefully it won't be a use it once and done gift lol.

Yeah Taze, crazy where we are with tech. I was recording songs off the radio on to blank tapes in middle school. Also would record episodes of Loveline when Adam was on fire. HFS came in a little staticky for me, so the antenna was always fully deployed at a very specific angle and direction. Any slight movement of the alarm clock and you'd need to redo the entire positioning process. Surgical precision was required.

New alarm clocks have a pretty long wire as an antenna. No BS, you can trap it with a tack on the wall when you find a good signal. WHERE WERE THOSE IN 95?

as big as an alleged NBA fan as you are how have you not played MyGM on NBA 2k15 yet 

It is more fun than the actual NBA

I watch and pull for the Hornets and catch other games here and there when I can, always watch the playoffs, all the games.  

I own 2K14, and I am absolutely horrible at it.  I also prefer to play online against real competition.  I don't like franchise modes and playing against the computer.  The only reason I play it on Madden is because it is Connected Franchises where we did a 53 round live draft (consisted of all current players), and get to play head to head versus each other with basically fantasy teams.  

Yes, there are games against the CPU, which are fine.  But if I get bored I can sim the game at any point and advance to the next week.  

Seriously, I suck something horrible in the NBA games and don't really feel like devoting my time to getting better at it cause I have other games I'm good at and would rather play (Madden, CoD, Battlefield, Destiny, NHL, MLB, etc.).  

Couldn't the same question be posed to everyone on these boards that games that doesn't play Madden?  

Edit: I think I read your intent wrong the first time Ix, sorry, been a ****ty day and week at work.  

Yeah Taze, crazy where we are with tech. I was recording songs off the radio on to blank tapes in middle school. Also would record episodes of Loveline when Adam was on fire. HFS came in a little staticky for me, so the antenna was always fully deployed at a very specific angle and direction. Any slight movement of the alarm clock and you'd need to redo the entire positioning process. Surgical precision was required.

New alarm clocks have a pretty long wire as an antenna. No BS, you can trap it with a tack on the wall when you find a good signal. WHERE WERE THOSE IN 95?

Hell yeah!  having to rig that **** up.......antenna touching the metal on your nightstand lamp, with the clock radio turned 37 degrees to the east, slightly elevated two inches under the back corner with a paperback book, window blinds open.

Hell yeah! having to rig that **** up.......antenna touching the metal on your nightstand lamp, with the clock radio turned 37 degrees to the east, slightly elevated two inches under the back corner with a paperback book, window blinds open.

Lmgdao, Woo! That's hilarious. Be holding that **** like a chopstick because the signal suddenly came in as you were moving it. 90% asleep, holding that joint still, shoulder muscle burnin'. Caveman ****.

Also Ix, long gone are the days where I drop $$$ on games that I know are gonna get played once or twice, or for a week or two only to be put on the shelf and collect dust.  The graphics, gameplay, etc. were awesome on NBA 2K14, 15 looks even more spectacular.  It's just not for me.  

My future BIL was trying to get me to buy it, still wouldn't budge lol.  He was trying to get me to get Fifa too, but I don't like soccer.

So, on Friday I am going to have to let a long time coworker go.  Actually, I won't be the one doing the talking, that will be the business owner but I will be the second employee (since you generally should have two people present in addition to the employee being terminated).  Essentially it was the GM and my own decision to let this employee go.  This is a man who I have worked with for over a decade, someone who was a part of my bachelor party.  He's going to be devastated by this, I'm almost certain.  It has to happen though.  He takes advantage of rules and guidelines which draws the ire of his coworkers, he can be petty when it comes to business practices and can be very difficulty to deal with during disagreements.  He also "put in his two weeks" at the end of December but the business owner talked to him and after a cool down period he decided to stay (and the owner decided to keep him).

There is all the reason in the world that this employee should be terminated.  I feel awful about it.  I'm trying to find the good in it considering it's a decision I made but I can't help but feel for him and his family.

So, on Friday I am going to have to let a long time coworker go.  Actually, I won't be the one doing the talking, that will be the business owner but I will be the second employee (since you generally should have two people present in addition to the employee being terminated).  Essentially it was the GM and my own decision to let this employee go.  This is a man who I have worked with for over a decade, someone who was a part of my bachelor party.  He's going to be devastated by this, I'm almost certain.  It has to happen though.  He takes advantage of rules and guidelines which draws the ire of his coworkers, he can be petty when it comes to business practices and can be very difficulty to deal with during disagreements.  He also "put in his two weeks" at the end of December but the business owner talked to him and after a cool down period he decided to stay (and the owner decided to keep him).

There is all the reason in the world that this employee should be terminated.  I feel awful about it.  I'm trying to find the good in it considering it's a decision I made but I can't help but feel for him and his family.

That sucks man.  Good luck, it will work out.  Do you consider yourself a close friend, still hang out with the guy?  

So, on Friday I am going to have to let a long time coworker go. Actually, I won't be the one doing the talking, that will be the business owner but I will be the second employee (since you generally should have two people present in addition to the employee being terminated). Essentially it was the GM and my own decision to let this employee go. This is a man who I have worked with for over a decade, someone who was a part of my bachelor party. He's going to be devastated by this, I'm almost certain. It has to happen though. He takes advantage of rules and guidelines which draws the ire of his coworkers, he can be petty when it comes to business practices and can be very difficulty to deal with during disagreements. He also "put in his two weeks" at the end of December but the business owner talked to him and after a cool down period he decided to stay (and the owner decided to keep him).

There is all the reason in the world that this employee should be terminated. I feel awful about it. I'm trying to find the good in it considering it's a decision I made but I can't help but feel for him and his family.

At least take solace in the fact that you are making the right decision. Can't have dudes ****ing with your bottom line, friendship or no friendship. Keeping him around wouldve shredded your credibility with the rest of your staff. He is the one who should've acted like an adult.

He probably won't want to talk to you for a minute. But eventually im sure he'll see the error of his ways and come around

That sucks man.  Good luck, it will work out.  Do you consider yourself a close friend, still hang out with the guy?  

Not really on either accounts.

We have a small business, 20-30 employees.  I manage all of them except the owner and general manager.  I'm as closer than many of them than I am with my best friends.  I spend 10 hours a day with these people, several of them 5-6 days a week.  I know their wives, girlfriends, kids, etc.  It's like family.

It's a part of my job.  I've hired and fired more people than I can remember.  It's not very often that I have to let someone go that I've worked with for so long.

Archived