Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Long weekend + Skins game means I'm basically getting no work done today. Thinking of taking off early.

I've been fine all week but today the butterflies have really hit. I don't think I've ever wanted the Redskins to win more, except for maybe the 07 finale(and that was different because Dallas benched guys and gave us the W).

Long weekend + Skins game means I'm basically getting no work done today. Thinking of taking off early.

I've been fine all week but today the butterflies have really hit. I don't think I've ever wanted the Redskins to win more, except for maybe the 07 finale(and that was different because Dallas benched guys and gave us the W).

If I remember right, they played their starters into the 3rd or 4th quarter, when it was already a blowout. Marion Barber only needed a handful of yards to break 1,000 for the season, and we held him to -1 :ols: Good times.

Then Terry Glenn said "They tried to hurt me" after the game. We punked them :ols:

i remember that, it was hilarious hahaha. we put the beat down on them pretty good.

I was just wondering if anyone saw this video of fletcher speaking before the last cowboys game. I think it would get anyone pretty amped up.

(he starts around 1:55)

pretty awesome stuff!

Two questions, first Redskins related, desperately need answers:

1. Anyone remember when the Skins KR downed the kickoff at the half yard line? He thought he was downing it for a touchback but he was actually just outside the end zone. Who was that? When was that? Who was it against?

Was taking to my brother about Stefan Logan of the Lions downing the free kick at the 4 yard line last week. Just reminded me of when we did that and wanted to see if I could find video. Don't have the details for a search though. I thought it was against the Vikings where we got or asses kicked, but that was in 1998 and I don't remember it being BMitch, who was still out KR then.

2. Where exactly does "Uptown" start in DC? Someone tried telling me today that NW, period, was Uptown; that's definitely not right. Wasn't sure what the exact definition/border is for "Uptown" though. Anyone know?

I love when an RG3 metaphor is worked into serious discussion in our "family meetings." Holy crap, my dad absolutely kills me: "Hey kids, since we're all here, let's sit down and have a family meeting to discuss the future direction of our lives and careers! But don't worry, I will keep you entertained with inspirational comments about our season at 3-6, the turnaround, our winning streak, and RG3 locker room quotes, etc." :ols:

My girlfriend of 5 years and I just broke up. Suggest drinks for me. :(

Champagn...to celebrate!!!!

Ok seriously, sorry about your situation. It will get better with time..I know it's cliche, but it is so true.

Also, trust me when I say this: stay away from the alcohol when you're upset and/or depressed. Just makes everything worse the day afterward.

Champagn...to celebrate!!!!

Ok seriously, sorry about your situation. It will get better with time..I know it's cliche, but it is so true.

Also, trust me when I say this: stay away from the alcohol when you're upset and/or depressed. Just makes everything worse the day afterward.

This is true, my friend broke up with his girl or something and he got drunk and depressed and got suicidal and a bunch of stupid ****. Might be going to jail. I'm stressed cause I care about him and it angers me to see him do harm to himself.

2. Where exactly does "Uptown" start in DC? Someone tried telling me today that NW, period, was Uptown; that's definitely not right. Wasn't sure what the exact definition/border is for "Uptown" though. Anyone know?

I can't help you with that first one, as far as that second one goes, I think Upton is anywhere in Northwest that isn't Downtown or Georgetown. Mainly Georgia Ave, U St, etc.

I met someone at my bar tonight that worked with KB in St. Croix... Small world...

Sure is a hell of a coincidence that someone you worked with in USVI, came into my bar on this specific night, when you're so sad...

Also a hell of a coincidence that the Cowboys had the roof open for the Redskins/Cowboys game on Thanksgiving and it rained for a period of time...

Thinking about you man, I know you loved Mama...

I met someone at my bar tonight that worked with KB in St. Croix... Small world...

Sure is a hell of a coincidence that someone you worked with in USVI, came into my bar on this specific night, when you're so sad...

Also a hell of a coincidence that the Cowboys had the roof open for the Redskins/Cowboys game on Thanksgiving and it rained for a period of time...

Thinking about you man, I know you loved Mama...

Thanks man, I'm feeling better today. I was crying in others drinks last night.

How is Dore? How'd that even come up? :ols:

She sent me a FB message, real sweetheart.

Thanks man, I'm feeling better today. I was crying in others drinks last night.

How is Dore? How'd that even come up? :ols:

She sent me a FB message, real sweetheart.

Well, they came in about 8 deep, and were on the phone with someone in the VI, doing simultaneous shots... Via phone... and I was like "I KNOW SOMEONE FROM THERE!!!" And I said "Yeah he moved to Christiansted about a year ago from Philly, his name is [your first name]" and she says "[your last name]?!?!?!" and I was like "HOLY ****!!!! YES!!!!"

And then I didn't take shots with them because I'm not allowed to drink behind the bar in VA... But that would have been one of the greatest "on the job" shots ever...

Well, they came in about 8 deep, and were on the phone with someone in the VI, doing simultaneous shots... Via phone... and I was like "I KNOW SOMEONE FROM THERE!!!" And I said "Yeah he moved to Christiansted about a year ago from Philly, his name is [your first name]" and she says "[your last name]?!?!?!" and I was like "HOLY ****!!!! YES!!!!"

And then I didn't take shots with them because I'm not allowed to drink behind the bar in VA... But that would have been one of the greatest "on the job" shots ever...

That's really cool. I wonder who she was doing shots with. She has a bunch of dogs.

Why on Earth are you still awake BTW?

This is one small world.

That's really cool. I wonder who she was doing shots with. She has a bunch of dogs.

Why on Earth are you still awake BTW?

This is one small world.

I had 5 beers in the fridge when I got home and don't work until 8pm tomorrow... You know how that goes...

Archived