Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Try 4th grade buddy. Your grammar issues probably even bump you back to 3rd. How the **** you got through college blows my mind. Not that you're an idiot (you're not), but I can't imagine the papers you turned in.

The papers i wrote in college were good. why would i care about grammar on a message board? it doesn't matter

---------- Post added June-1st-2012 at 04:19 PM ----------

I have been in the Tailgate for awhile now, but I will admit that when I first started posting here, I seriously thought that 2k was like 14-15 years old judging by his spelling/grammar alone.

Lol.

show an example of terrible spelling please and horrible grammar. i get my point across and thats the only thing that matters

:ciao:

Cautionary tale: if a mod is nice enough to lift a ban early, don't commit a rules violation soonafter, no matter how small :doh1:

What'd I miss (besides the Nats doing well, the Caps having a nice run, the Wiz picking 3rd, and us getting RGIII)?

Oh, I found a pic of John Mara:

jrd2l1.jpg

:ols:

With Caps season over, I'm ready for the Olympics. Athletic hotties FTW! Oh, and some competition too :ols:

---------- Post added June-1st-2012 at 07:27 PM ----------

George Will taught me a new insult: "bloviating ignoramus" :ols:

---------- Post added June-1st-2012 at 07:29 PM ----------

George Will taught me a new insult: "bloviating ignoramus" :ols:

The only thing I really even care about in the Summer Olympics is bball, soccer, and track, and tennis, though I find some of the other stuff slightly watchable.

I expect team USA to thoroughly dominate, as a lot of players have emerged since then, and other players have gotten a lot better. Bynum, Harden/Durant, Hibbert, etc. My earliest memories of Team USA was the Shaq/Penny Dream Team in '96. Even though it was always expected that they would win, it's always fun to see and root for players that you normally hate, and watch them interact/play with other players, all in the name of winning gold.

Plus, hearing this always helps

I remember being hyped about Shannon Miller and Dominique Dawes back when I was little, plus I had a serious crush on Dominique. Does that count? And I seriously have little to no interest in that stuff nowadays, though I do want everyone to represent. I'd probably put the beach volleyball in the slighty watchable category.

And I don't remember a lot of the women being that attractive, save for a few. Seemed like most of them had man asses, and broad shoulders...

Being a child of the oh so glorious 90's, that definitely takes you down memory lane. I cried the day that NBC stopped broadcasting NBA games.

Yeah, that was awful. I was never much for NBA Basketball, but I would tune in just to hear that theme.

Yeah, I remember being so amped up back in the day to watch teams like Chicago, Orlando, Portland, Phoenix, etc battle it out

It was only fitting that my last big memory of the NBA on NBC was that epic Kings/Lakers series. I don't think I've ever rooted for a team (besides my own) so hard, in the Lakers. Even though I hated the Lakers, I hated Chris Webber and the Kings even more. Not sure why. I remember clowning one of my friends who was over at my house at the time, after Robert Horry made that clutch shot in game 4. Can't believe it's already been 10 years.

I've pondered the possible reasons as to why I disliked the Kings so much during their little contending run in the early '00s, and channeling my 13 year old self, I just now realized that it was those shiny ass Dada's that Webber used to wear. That **** was ridiculous

Besides the Hyperflights, I don't think I've ever seen shoes that shiny. The worst part is that I sold out and tried to get me a pair, but every store that I went to didn't have them in stock. I was devastated.

He must've used some extra shiny spray, or had a custom model made, or something, because I could almost see my reflection on them through the tv. When I tried to get them, I wa semi-hoping that they cam ewith a built in anti-gravity device, because looking at them on the outside, it wouldn't have surprised me...

My mom has been cancer free for two full years.

As good fortune would have it, our local Relay for Life was tonight, on her exact two-year anniversary. There have been few things in my life that have moved me as much as being able to stand and applaud as she and the other Survivors took the first lap around the track. I'm so immensely proud of her, that I can't think about what she accomplished without tearing up.

These days, she's frequently asked to speak at American cancer Society events, or at our local cancer center. To watch the Fighter's faces when they hear her speak is amazing. You can just see them thinking, "Yeah. OK. I feel like **** today, but I'm gonna be alright. And one of these days, I'M going to be the one standing at that podium."

I believe that nothing happens by chance. And in my heart, I believe that Mom had to face this disease because having experienced it first hand, she could help others. She can. And she does. I'm in awe of her strength, her determination, her love, her selflessness, and her grace. It is truly a privilege to call myself her son.

Archived