Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

My mom has been cancer free for two full years.

As good fortune would have it, our local Relay for Life was tonight, on her exact two-year anniversary. There have been few things in my life that have moved me as much as being able to stand and applaud as she and the other Survivors took the first lap around the track. I'm so immensely proud of her, that I can't think about what she accomplished without tearing up.

These days, she's frequently asked to speak at American cancer Society events, or at our local cancer center. To watch the Fighter's faces when they hear her speak is amazing. You can just see them thinking, "Yeah. OK. I feel like **** today, but I'm gonna be alright. And one of these days, I'M going to be the one standing at that podium."

I believe that nothing happens by chance. And in my heart, I believe that Mom had to face this disease because having experienced it first hand, she could help others. She can. And she does. I'm in awe of her strength, her determination, her love, her selflessness, and her grace. It is truly a privilege to call myself her son.

That's so awesome, man.

I can't imagine how proud you must be of her.

Nice to see some good news.

Edited by visionary
That's so awesome, man.

I can't imagine how proud you must be of her.

Nice to see some good news.

Thank you, brother. And forgive my oversight....

I want to thank you all again for all the love, encouragement, prayers and support you offered us as she was fighting her battle. The support of my ES Family was absolutely critical to both the outcome, and selfishly, for me to be able to put on the "happy face" everyday. This is an amazing group of people we have here. And your support is deeply appreciated.

Christ, you've got can't get the girl, gay super hero, snow white and an old person smell debate going on in the top of this board right now. Pull your **** together ladies. My goodness. That's why you're picturing Obama wearing only boxing gloves and his peace ribbon. What a joke.

I just went on another website and saw the video of the wacked out cat that ate the guys face in Miami. Unfortunately it was too far away, and somewhat obstructed, with no audio, but I could make out enough to realize that the guy was still alive after his face had been jacked up, and was writhing around, and they also shot the hell out of that dude. Maybe I glossed over that article on the front page, but I could've sworn that he (the victim) was dead.

Turns out he's in critical condition, unless what I saw was old. That is beyond ****ed up. I've personally seen the aftermath of stuff like that, but putting myself in the officers shoes, live, as it was happening, telling a guy "Stop!" watching him growl at me, only to continue eating a guys face off, only for me to have to unload a few rounds, would haunt me for a very long time

Edited by Mr. Sinister
Thank you, brother. And forgive my oversight....

I want to thank you all again for all the love, encouragement, prayers and support you offered us as she was fighting her battle. The support of my ES Family was absolutely critical to both the outcome, and selfishly, for me to be able to put on the "happy face" everyday. This is an amazing group of people we have here. And your support is deeply appreciated.

Great NEWS and glad to hear of the celebration. Having lost my Mom many years ago this is a great story to hear.

• Jumbo changed the title to Random Thought Thread
  • Jumbo locked this topic
  • Jumbo unlocked this topic