Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I've given up on selling textbooks. I'm just going to hoard them and hope that at some point in the future I'll have use for them.

go on amazon.com or half.com, find out last day they were sold and put it as the lowest price

I've given up on selling textbooks. I'm just going to hoard them and hope that at some point in the future I'll have use for them.

I sold all my grad school books almost as soon as I could, haha. I only regret getting rid of two of them. You can always donate yours to a library.

Got a computer question for you guys. My laptop is running slower than death lately when i'm on the internet. Like dial up slow but it's never steady, always intermittent.

I run antivirus checks daily and always delete cookies. BTW i have McAfee and it's current.

Is there a procedure to see if it's my computer acting up, or internet conection? Or both?

If I want a user name change, I PM a mod? Is that how it works?

Yep

Got a computer question for you guys. My laptop is running slower than death lately when i'm on the internet. Like dial up slow but it's never steady, always intermittent.

I run antivirus checks daily and always delete cookies. BTW i have McAfee and it's current.

Is there a procedure to see if it's my computer acting up, or internet conection? Or both?

Have you tried resetting your modem & or router?

Have you tried resetting your modem & or router?

No i haven't. Def give that a try, and thanks for the suggestions.

---------- Post added May-3rd-2012 at 08:59 PM ----------

After years and years of putting it on the backburner, I am strongly considering the Air Force. Can't decide between the Reserves or Active Duty though. I should've taken my dads advice and joined right out of high school.
Best decision i've ever made. Thought i'll just do a 4 year hitch and get out, and here i am 17 years later, lol.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and fwiw i'd go active depending on what you're really looking for though.

Off to bed. Just too old to be staying up past 10 or 11 anymore

old+man+sleeping+%25282%2529.jpg

Alright gramps, gotta rise and shine for that earlybird special/shuffle board game tomorrow huh? (jokes) :silly:

Good luck

:cheers:Thanks, I plan on giving it all that I've got, I just have to get in contact with a recruiter, so I can get things rolling.

---------- Post added May-3rd-2012 at 10:06 PM ----------

Best decision i've ever made. Thought i'll just do a 4 year hitch and get out, and here i am 17 years later, lol.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and fwiw i'd go active depending on what you're really looking for though.

Thanks man, will do.

After years and years of putting it on the backburner, I am strongly considering the Air Force. Can't decide between the Reserves or Active Duty though. I should've taken my dads advice and joined right out of high school.

Smart man. Ex Army here but I always tell people to join the Air Force. Most ex soldiers and Marines will tell you the same if they're being honest (with you AND themselves).

Before I give you advice on active duty vs reserve, can I ask WHY you want to join? What do you want to get out of it? What's lead you to this decision?

---------- Post added May-4th-2012 at 12:54 AM ----------

If I want a user name change, I PM a mod? Is that how it works? I'm getting tired of this generic name I made up when I was 16, and when Sean Taylor was number 36. Thanks

Yes. You've been here awhile so they'll more than likely be hesitant to change it--you're known. Choose wisely when you decide on which mod to ask (aka not TK... Just kidding). I had a similar user name and hated it for similar reasons. Come up with something witty that stands out.

My suggestion: RGIII10. Sick

As someone who's currently trying to join the Coast Guard (reserves) I will just say be very patient. And if you've ever had any medical problems (broken bones, surgery, etc) start getting in touch with your docs to get those records now.

Just found out that two of my high school classmates are on the Forbes 30 under 30 list.

Thank you for making me feel insignificant.

It's not about how much money you have, it's about how you u.....ah ****. It's about how much money you have.

Archived