Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I told you it's no big deal

---------- Post added February-8th-2012 at 10:58 AM ----------

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/06/technology/facebooks-mobility-challenge.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all

Amid the jaw-dropping financial figures the company revealed last week when it filed for a public offering was an interesting admission. Although more than half of its 845 million members log into Facebook on a mobile device, the company has not yet found a way to make real money from that use.

“We do not currently directly generate any meaningful revenue from the use of Facebook mobile products, and our ability to do so successfully is unproven,” the company said in its review of the risks it faces.

In a world that is rapidly moving toward an era of mobile computing, this is a troubling issue for Silicon Valley’s brightest star — particularly since much of Facebook’s growth right now is in countries like Chile, Turkey, Venezuela and Brazil, where people largely have access to the Internet using cellphones.

Facebook is not the only company struggling to translate the success of its Web site to mobile devices, where screen space is at a premium and people have little patience for clutter or slow loading times. It is a problem that plagues companies as diverse as news publishers and the streaming radio service Pandora, and it is likely to loom larger. There were more global shipments of smartphones than of personal computers in 2011, according to a recent report from Canalys, a research firm.

Are blind homer Cowboys fans the only people who still think Romo is better than Eli? I started a Eli > Romo thread on the Cowboys forum and several people are biting my head off like they are offended. And they keep throwing stats in my face. A select few have agreed with me. And the fact that not all Cowboys fans think Romo is better has to tell you something...that he isn't.

Are blind homer Cowboys fans the only people who still think Romo is better than Eli? I started a Eli > Romo thread on the Cowboys forum and several people are biting my head off like they are offended. And they keep throwing stats in my face. A select few have agreed with me. And the fact that not all Cowboys fans think Romo is better has to tell you something...that he isn't.

The biggest difference between Eli and Romo, IMO, is that when it counts, Eli is golden. Romo is brown and smells bad. :)

The biggest difference between Eli and Romo, IMO, is that when it counts, Eli is golden. Romo is brown and smells bad. :)

Pretty much. And I love how there is one guy who keeps wanting me to show him one stat that shows Eli is better than Romo. And he ignores me when I say that he must think that Romo is better than Aikman if he is such a stat lover.

Pretty much. And I love how there is one guy who keeps wanting me to show him one stat that shows Eli is better than Romo. And he ignores me when I say that he must think that Romo is better than Aikman if he is such a stat lover.

http://twitter.com/JonHeymanCBS/statuses/167278030849449984

andrus 3-yr deal w/ #rangers is $14.4M & is pending physical. #rangers like chances to avoid arb w/ 1 of 2 betw cruz/napoli

Also, Dallas fans don't believe Romo is unclutch.

Haha at using record as any way to judge a QB. Wins and losses are a team stat. The thing against Seattle was a fluke. You do realize the INT against the Giants in 2007 was on a 4th and goal, he had to throw the ball up and hope something happened. The thing is, if Patrick Crayton either catches a ball thrown right in his chest, or keeps running his route later in the game, the Cowboys win that game. He's been one 1 very good team in his career(that 2007 team). And he played more than well enough for his team to win that game.

The fact that the Cowboys secondary has sucked ever since Romo has been the QB is the biggest reason for their late game failures. Not being able to stop the other team from driving down the field late in games is a huge problem.
Romo is fine. He had his best season yet. Without him, the record wouldn't have been close to 8-8. The Cowboys lost every game because Rob Ryan's overrated fat ass and the freaking terrible defense. That roster is full of old and crappy players.

Don't expect these ilk to believe that Eli is better than Romo. The majority of the Cowboys fanbase is heavily deluded.

The Andrus signing is old news. Get with it, ix. ;)

Also, here is the thread I am referring to. I think you have to be signed up in order to see it though. At least that used to be the case. If it still is, then sorry about that.

http://www.cowboys-forum.com/showthread.php?24845-This-cannot-be-debated-anymore

And it kinda branched into a separate thread: http://www.cowboys-forum.com/showthread.php?24859-Romo-Eli-Fun-Fact :doh:

I am a huge advocate of women

I have always been talking about how they should be paid equally in salary with men

But him telling her to shut up isn't that bad

Jacobs talks a lot of **** for a guy that maybe had 30 total yards in the SB. He's nothing but a loud mouth.

---------- Post added February-8th-2012 at 01:14 PM ----------

You would have to be an idiot to say Romo is better. Take away the 2 SBs and 2 SB MVPs, then yeah, Romo is better. But those are kind of a big deal.

Good article in the Duke Chronicle about DC Legend John "Junior" Feinstein

This quest to turn around books quickly has met criticism. Blogs like Deadspin and The Big Lead have been critical of his gradual shift toward writing more golf books, and a few reviews of his later books haven’t been kind. “Sometimes he’ll catch a little flak for writing too often,” says Maraniss. “At times the prolific nature has hurt the writing. But at the same time, the body of work—it’s Feinstein.”

Feinstein doesn’t buy the criticism. “I am able to write fast,” he says. “I’ve never walked away from a book thinking I gave it a half-hearted effort. If someone were to read all 28 of my books, I would be surprised if someone came away and said he didn’t do his reporting job here.”

One would think that Feinstein would slow down soon. He isn’t pleased with much of the current sports media landscape, in which many professional athletes disdain print journalists—or worse, ignore them. Then there’s the fact that athletes are able to communicate with their fans without the middlemen they once needed. “The basics of reporting have been changed by the Internet, sports talk radio, the power of television and ESPN, to be specific,” Feinstein says as he orders a cup of coffee. “They never get asked a real question.”

Feinstein now has a 15-month-old daughter with his second wife, Chris, whom he married in 2010. And he’s also three years removed from a septuple bypass surgery, required after doctors found multiple heart blockages during a routine checkup. The procedure was successful. He now swims enough to sneak in the occasional burger and fries, but he admits he still needs to lose a bit of weight.

Archived