Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Yes sir

I'm gonna have to go there tonight. Ended up making a speed run to Chik Fil A during halftime. I've been doing nothing but eating chicken for the past 2 weeks, which doesn't bother me a whole lot considering that theres an endless amount of ways to cook it/prepare it, but I want something new.

Thanksgiving is going to be rough this year. Normally, since the Lions have been the pits for the majority of my lifetime, I've always been able to carry on a conversation with people while the game was on in the background, and in some cases, even help prepare the food. Not this year. I aint helping nobody. That could be the game of the year.

---------- Post added October-11th-2011 at 09:58 AM ----------

I've been really craving it. My body has been telling me to eat it. Sunday I bought a strip from a local farm, grain free no hormones, all good humane stuff. Last night I went to a high end restaurant unexpectedly and just couldn't resist. I only ate maybe 5 ounces both times and my pups get the rest.

I may eat steak once a month or so, from a local farm as my body dictates, but I'm not going back to eating corn fed, chemical filled, tortured animals.

One of the great things about living in SoMD is the plethora of farmers markets around here. I go to an amish market down the road from me to do most of my meat shopping. The meat is fresh, no chemicals, no nothing. They have pretty much everything you can think of there. They have these special chicken breasts filled with stuffing, and I marinate it in Worcester and pour some cream of chicken soup over it. Even you couldn't say no to that.

Coming up with a T-Shirt idea for my linemen, I want to buy them shirts as a thank you for their hard work this year...

We call them "Hogs with a side of bacon" because some of our linemen aren't very big.

So the front would be a picture of a hog + a few slabs of bacon

The back would say "2011 Spartan Front Line" in small lettering

And in bigger lettering underneath it would say, "Give them nothing, but take from them EVERYTHING!"

Lame, or cool? Trying to surprise the kids, or I'd just ask them :ols:

Coming up with a T-Shirt idea for my linemen, I want to buy them shirts as a thank you for their hard work this year...

We call them "Hogs with a side of bacon" because some of our linemen aren't very big.

And in bigger lettering underneath it would say, "Give them nothing, but take from them EVERYTHING!"

That depends on what you mean by "kids".

If we're talking Pee Wee football players, it might not be appropriate to put a quote from an extremely graphic R-rated movie on their shirts.

That depends on what you mean by "kids".

If we're talking Pee Wee football players, it might not be appropriate to put a quote from an extremely graphic R-rated movie on their shirts.

Sorry. Thought it was common knowledge I coached HS Football. Then I forget this forum is huge and 90% of the people here have never heard of me. /remembers2003. :ols:

Varsity.

The other quote I like is: "Your pain is our pleasure"

I think you have too much going on. I'd go with the quote or the pigs, not both. Because one is funny while the other is serious.

I think 2011 Spartan Front Line on the front, and the quote on the back would be pretty sweet. Though I don't really get the quote.

One of the great things about living in SoMD is the plethora of farmers markets around here. I go to an amish market down the road from me to do most of my meat shopping. The meat is fresh, no chemicals, no nothing. They have pretty much everything you can think of there. They have these special chicken breasts filled with stuffing, and I marinate it in Worcester and pour some cream of chicken soup over it. Even you couldn't say no to that.

The Amish are the worst when it comes to humane treatment of animals, so I don't support them. ****ing puppy murderers. And I'd not ruin a fresh farm raised piece of Chicken by dumping soup on it. Especially if you're talking Cambells can of salt and preservatives. :ols:

I use to eat absolutely anything that was edible and now I'm the pickiest *****. :ols:

I think you have too much going on. I'd go with the quote or the pigs, not both. Because one is funny while the other is serious.

I think 2011 Spartan Front Line on the front, and the quote on the back would be pretty sweet. Though I don't really get the quote.

Well, the quote is from 300. Our nickname is the Spartans.

"Give them nothing" can signify giving them no ground. Don't let them do anything.

"Take from the everything" means take their pride by dominating the line of scrimmage.

I definitely want to roll with the Hogs thing, though. They love that nickname.

Well, the quote is from 300. Our nickname is the Spartans.

"Give them nothing" can signify giving them no ground. Don't let them do anything.

"Take from the everything" means take their pride by dominating the line of scrimmage.

I definitely want to roll with the Hogs thing, though. They love that nickname.

Woosh! RIght over my head. Haha. I was reading it the other way around. Anyway, yea I think either would be a cool shirt, just would be weird having something goofy on the front and serious on the back in my opinion. I'm sure they will love whatever you get them though!!

Sorry. Thought it was common knowledge I coached HS Football. Then I forget this forum is huge and 90% of the people here have never heard of me. /remembers2003. :ols:

Varsity.

The other quote I like is: "Your pain is our pleasure"

When I was in high school we had shirts that said, "Fatty Fatty Fat Fat" on the front and "Eat Through the Pain" on the back. Either one of those could work if you wanted a little humor for your lineman. I weighed 180 in high school and played guard. The next "smallest" guy on the line was 210.

I wish I had someone to high-five when I get **** done at work :(

• send that ****ing email with some authority - *high-five*
  • create expense report without problems - *high-five*
  • pwn in a team meeting - *high-five*
  • get a front row parking spot due to waking up at ungodly hours - *high-five*
  • post an awesome response on ES - *high five*

Woosh! RIght over my head. Haha. I was reading it the other way around. Anyway, yea I think either would be a cool shirt, just would be weird having something goofy on the front and serious on the back in my opinion. I'm sure they will love whatever you get them though!!

Yeah. Our guys are goofy. They have a goofy demeanor, but serious when it comes to the game. I think the overtone of the shirt works well. But I see what you're saying with how busy the shirt would be. I want to do the hogs and bacon slabs on the shirt on front, with perhaps 2011 Spartan Front Line written above it... Then on the back either "Your Pain is Our Pleasure", or "Give them nothing, but take from them everything!"

Women generally have a better sense about these things, what's your take on which quote?

When I was in high school we had shirts that said, "Fatty Fatty Fat Fat" on the front and "Eat Through the Pain" on the back. Either one of those could work if you wanted a little humor for your lineman. I weighed 180 in high school and played guard. The next "smallest" guy on the line was 210.

I was a 165 pound linemen. The next smallest guy on our starting line was 230 :ols: I know your pain. I don't want to go with the fat thing, our guys are self concious :ols: (I only make fun of them to their faces... But they're good sports. Just not sure they'd like it on a t-shirt.)

PS: They came up with the Hogs and a side of bacon nickname :ols:

I wish I had someone to high-five when I get **** done at work :(

• send that ****ing email with some authority - *high-five*
  • create expense report without problems - *high-five*
  • pwn in a team meeting - *high-five*
  • get a front row parking spot due to waking up at ungodly hours - *high-five*
  • post an awesome response on ES - *high five*

I 2nd this!

Yeah. Our guys are goofy. They have a goofy demeanor, but serious when it comes to the game. I think the overtone of the shirt works well. But I see what you're saying with how busy the shirt would be. I want to do the hogs and bacon slabs on the shirt on front, with perhaps 2011 Spartan Front Line written above it... Then on the back either "Your Pain is Our Pleasure", or "Give them nothing, but take from them everything!"

Women generally have a better sense about these things, what's your take on which quote?

I like the your pain is our pleasure one. Think it goes better with the spirit of the pigs and bacon picture.

For the other quote I thought them meant the linemen, that's why I was confused. That's probably just me though :) Now that I get it, it's a cool quote.

The Amish are the worst when it comes to humane treatment of animals, so I don't support them. ****ing puppy murderers. And I'd not ruin a fresh farm raised piece of Chicken by dumping soup on it. Especially if you're talking Cambells can of salt and preservatives. :ols:

Well then, disregard my previous post. :ols:

As for the soup part, yeah, it's Campbells, but it goes well with the stuffing/Worcester. If you cook it just right, and don't burn the stuffing, it's delicious. Don't knock it till you've tried it.;)

I may eat steak once a month or so, from a local farm as my body dictates, but I'm not going back to eating corn fed, chemical filled, tortured animals.

It's a catch-22.

You can eat chemical-filled, tortured animals that wish they were dead, or eat animals that were happy and satisfied before being dragged away to slaughter.

I don't want animals to be tortured, but I also don't want to kill the happy ones. So I just eat whatever goes on sale.

Something happened at the Clarendon metro stop causing a massive cluster **** all throughout the lines headed towards Vienna. The Rosslyn metro stop was choked with people.

---------- Post added October-11th-2011 at 05:55 PM ----------

Yikes, someone got hit by the train at Clarendon. at 4:50

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dr-gridlock/post/metro-person-struck-by-a-train-at-clarendon-station/2011/10/11/gIQAjI7FdL_blog.html

Metro chief spokesman Dan Stessel confirmed at 5:25 p.m. that the person is “underneath the first car” and is reportedly still alive.

Archived