Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I have a Yamaha receiver capable of 7.1, HDMI pass through, ARC (which isn't going to be used with a projector), Dolby truehd and dts master audio. I don't mind routing audio cables and one HDMI to the projector. I would like to install some in wall speakers to be honest but I haven't looked into that yet.

I was looking into low end projectors and the BenQ 2050 seems to be the highest rates of the low end models.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B016JYOQ3W?vs=1

I'm fine with cutting drywall and reinstalling because I'll probably end up painting the movie room anyhow. I'd like to do it when we move in so it will basically be a blank canvas.

Movie room.........I got a spare bedroom now, nothing in it.  It's the room Tazette wants to turn into a game room with an air hockey table.  Probably not big enough for a projector though, standard bedroom.

I'll stick with tossing a flat screen on the wall, maybe a table in the corner with two stools (like high table/bar stools or chairs), air hockey table and ping pong table.

I have a Yamaha receiver capable of 7.1, HDMI pass through, ARC (which isn't going to be used with a projector), Dolby truehd and dts master audio. I don't mind routing audio cables and one HDMI to the projector. I would like to install some in wall speakers to be honest but I haven't looked into that yet.

I was looking into low end projectors and the BenQ 2050 seems to be the highest rates of the low end models.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B016JYOQ3W?vs=1

I'm fine with cutting drywall and reinstalling because I'll probably end up painting the movie room anyhow. I'd like to do it when we move in so it will basically be a blank canvas.

I've used a few BenQ projectors before. Sharp lines and their short throw lenses are pretty remarkable. A DJ that I do a few side jobs for every now and then on weekends uses them. I like them. I haven't seen them in a home theater application, but from what I have seen they display colors and text well. I'm sure their video capabilities are very nice.

Movie room.........I got a spare bedroom now, nothing in it.  It's the room Tazette wants to turn into a game room with an air hockey table.  Probably not big enough for a projector though, standard bedroom.

I'll stick with tossing a flat screen on the wall, maybe a table in the corner with two stools (like high table/bar stools or chairs), air hockey table and ping pong table.

A projector would add a certain flexibility, in that you'd be able to adjust screen placement easier as you change the room around. But if the room is small and you intend to have people standing and playing ping pong or air hockey while someone is watching, you might have trouble finding a place to project that won't have those people cutting off the image from reaching the screen/wall.

Look at you stingy mother ****ing ****suckers. Not one of you pricks supported my fundraising efforts to help save lives, now you all comparing how many inches ya like to look at.

I'll remember that ****.

Lol I don't have the money for either as much as I would like to contribute to both. Saving lives as well as new TV viewing options.

Look at you stingy mother ****ing ****suckers. Not one of you pricks supported my fundraising efforts to help save lives, now you all comparing how many inches ya like to look at.

I'll remember that ****.

Taken out of context???

But seriously, I don't recall you posting anything. I've been absent a bit lately though. My bad.

Post something up and I'll shame jpage into donating.

Taken out of context???

But seriously, I don't recall you posting anything. I've been absent a bit lately though. My bad.

I knew I could count on you for that.

My fundraiser is over, but I'll let y'all know next time. I suck at asking for money, but that's the life I'm in.

You need to appeal to the masses, put up a video so you can be appreciated.

https://www.gofundme.com/yumeagsk

next time. I'll be better prepared, but I'll be shooting for the stars too.

Taken out of context???

Lol Unless smiles, hugs, and good looks are acceptable forms of donation I think I'm SOL.

I'd love one of these at home

super-chexx-white-dome-hockey-arcade-gam

I'll remember that ****.

Yeah because already donating annually to multiple other causes instead of yours makes us mother ****ing ****suckers and pricks.   :rolleyes:

Just a few I do......Smile Train (we do the big contribution for one or two children) - provides cleft palate and lip repair surgery for children suffering in underdeveloped countries all over the world.  This is our main one as my daughter was born with a cleft palate.

Children's Miracle Network, multiple cancer funds (lymphoma, etc. - my uncle died of a rare cancer), Kidney Foundation (this is monthly throughout the year - we donate food, clothes, etc.).  

I might be a prick and an asshole, but it's not because I don't give back to causes.  And not because I busted my ass to make it where I am and buy a few nice things for myself and family.  I'm not rich by any means so it's all about balance.  Give away to every hand that's asking and you will be broke, figuratively speaking.

I know every dollar helps, and I most likely skimmed over your post on my phone when you posted the fund raiser and then forgot about it with the million things going on with work, family, etc.  But perhaps you shouldn't blast people for not donating before, it's not exactly the way to get them behind your cause the next time you do a fundraiser in the future.  

And for the record, I think what you're doing is awesome.  And I'm sure the hard work and time devotion is crazy.  I know I couldn't balance everything along with doing something noble like that.

With your..... I'm all bout the objective but won't play Rainbow Six Siege, black ops 3 promoting while strutting like D Lo Brown lookin ass :P

Not D Lo LMAO.  that swagger!  You need to play the map pack.  Fun stuff :)

Not D Lo LMAO.  that swagger!  You need to play the map pack.  Fun stuff :)

Is it free or do I have to pay for it?  Never got the season pass.  I might look into it, been wanting to run with you again, mic'd up, just been playing Rainbow 6 Siege non-stop man, it's so much fun.  

Saw your post about the boat map from BO2..........that immediately caught my attention lol.

Archived