Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Just took a peek at that Silent Hill Revelations trailer. The chick they've casted as Heather/Cheryl looks almost exactly like the videogame version. Never played the 3rd Silent Hill game, but I'm familiar wit the plot. Hopefully they stick to it just enough so that people aren't lost. Looks a little too action-ish though, which is a far cry from the series. I also like the fact that they've continued with the game soundtrack(s) being featured in the movies.

Sucks that it took 6 years for a sequel though. Maybe they did that just for the sole purpose of aging the characters a little, since like 8-9 years pass between Silent Hill and Silent Hill 3. I still think that Silent Hill 2 would've been the perfect choice for the movie-videogame adaptation, followed by Homecoming, which was legitimately terrifying. Easily the scariest of the first 5 games.

Sinister, that music gives me chills. Love that song, and I agree that them bringing the music into the movie is awesome.

The 0:23 second mark of this song is amazing. It's so dark and mysterious, but it's also beautiful.

Sinister, that music gives me chills. Love that song, and I agree that them bringing the music into the movie is awesome.

The 0:23 second mark of this song is amazing. It's so dark and mysterious, but it's also beautiful.

Yeah they used that in the first film. I've actually been looking for that song for a long time, but forgot the name. I'd categorize any music in the Silent Hill series as "Beautifully depressing."

I think the overall best one has to be the song that plays after you beat the chimera at the end of the first Silent Hill. Anyways, I still think that Homecoming would make an awesome movie, especially if they incorporate this boss fight into it:

That game is ****ed up. :ols:

My roommate and I are thinking of throwing a Halloween party. Is it weird if we do it two days after?

Halloween is on a Wednesday this year. We're thinking Friday.

I'm pretty sure all Halloween parties will be the weekend before.. So Saturday before would probably be your best bet...

I've been in the restaurant business for most of my life. I know I'm good in the kitchen and even better out of it. I think the personal nature of the food, when you are the chef, leaves me feeling insecure and that's main reason I have never had my own restaurant, although I've been close. That and how I like to overwhelm myself, but I can handle that if needed.

Now that I've been cooking again, although I make **** for money right now, has totally rekindled my desire to own my own restaurant again. I think I'm ready. When I quit smoking on July 16th, I knew I was ready and it happened.

Interesting story I came across while looking up haunted ghost towns. It's the story of the Centralia, Pennsylvania coal fire, and how the city pretty much had to be evacuated and condemned after it spread underground. Looks like they eventually got the people out of there once this happened:

In 1979, locals became aware of the scale of the problem when a gas-station owner and then mayor, John Coddington, inserted a stick into one of his underground tanks to check the fuel level. When he withdrew it, it seemed hot, so he lowered a thermometer down on a string and was shocked to discover that the temperature of the gasoline in the tank was 172 °F (77.8 °C). Statewide attention to the fire began to increase, culminating in 1981 when a 12-year-old resident named Todd Domboski fell into a sinkhole four feet wide by 150 feet (46 m) deep that suddenly opened beneath his feet in a backyard. His cousin, 14-year-old Eric Wolfgang, in pulling Todd out of the hole saved Todd's life, as the plume of hot steam billowing from the hole was measured as containing a lethal level of carbon monoxide.
Pedestrian traffic is still possible due to a small opening about two feet wide at the north side of the road, but this is muddy and not accessible to the disabled. The underground fire is still burning and may continue to do so for 250 more years

Apparently there are still some people living there, though I'm not sure how/why. Then there's this vid:

Apparently it was the inspiration for the movie Silent Hill, though it has literally nothing to do with the video game franchise itself. Very eery. You always see those shows like "Life After People" and they always use places like Chernobyl as examples of what it might be like. Not sure I'd ever risk checking that place out like some other people apparently have, when you risk the ground collapsing underneath you, probably resulting in getting badly burned, or something else along those lines.

So the debates are tongiht, and they're shutting down a 5 mile stretch of I-25 near downtown denver from 4:00 - midnight. that's like the equivalent of shutting down 495 during rush hour :ols:

Just got the e-mail saying that we can leave 2 hours early to avoid the traffic. :)

Tonight I got to watch a green sea turtle give birth, then hold a just born one and help it go into the sea. On the way home, saw an almost dead deer in the road with it's youngin standing over it. Tried to help, but it was too gone. Then, I saw a dead puppy in the road after dropping everybody off. I guess that's the circle of life.

Apparently the next ESPN The Magazine issue is gonna be dedicated entirely to D.C. sports.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2012/10/02/espn-the-magazines-d-c-issue/

Can't wait to snag a copy.

I am so excited about this.

If anyone isn't planning on keeping theirs and wants to send me a copy, I would really, really appreciate it.

EDIT: I guess they sell them in convenience stores and such right? In those magazine racks that I never pay attention to?

I want to die quietly...on my own terms...crushing as many of those baby sea turtles as I possibly can.

-Mr. Burns

Are you sure you really want to go through with this sir? You have a very full wardrobe as it is.

Yes, but not completely full, for you see.....

Are you sure you really want to go through with this sir? You have a very full wardrobe as it is.

Yes, but not completely full, for you see.....

some people hunt for sport...others hunt for food. The only thing I'm hunting for, is a wardrobe that looks gooooooooooooooood.

The Oldies song "Shake Rattle and Roll" was on the radio this morning. The line "I'm like a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store"....that's dirty right? He's talking about his penis, isn't he? One-Eyed anything...the seafood store analogy...this was just to get around the censorship of the day, right?

Archived