Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Music Tricks

Chopper Dave

Wish You Were Hear synchs with 2001: A Space Odyssey. You can also play Echoes off the Meddle CD during the final scene of 2001. It's pretty insane. Kubrik had actually approached Floyd about doing a good portion of the soundtrack but Waters declined. He's quoted saying that was one of the career moves that he had truly regretted.

Very cool... thanks, I'll have to try that. :cheers:

Flaming Lips have an album called Zaireeka which is 4 discs intended to be played simultaneously. It's not really a trick, because that's the main intention of the album. But I think it's interesting enough to mention

The point of this album is to make the music listening experience more of a group type thing. You can play any varaition of the albums, but the best setting is four equal sound sources at opposite sides of a square room. I have been able to pull it off with two boom boxes, my main stereo, and my ipod speakers. It it pretty damn crazy. There are parts that help you synch up the tracks but then then there are parts that intentionally make you feel like you are off track. The overall sound is pretty cool but it is not "Yoshimi" or Soft Bulletin quality. Also awhile back the lips used to do concerts were they handed out a bunch of tapes and had about 50 people play them through boomboxes.

Anyways, if you have the means try out the zaireeka thing, it is pretty cool. And if you like the Lips you must rent Fearless Freaks, because it is probably the best music documentary that I have ever seen.

damn, now i want to hear this stairway to heaven backwards...anyone knows how to do it,lemme know

Edit: nevermind, i clicked on the link above, its got a bunch of clips.

pretty cool...gotta wonder how intentional some of the stuff is, though

I've read stories that say it can't be intentional, but I'll be honest, I think it was. It was great marketing IMO. I guarantee you they sold additional copies to people that would have never bought the album if it were not for the rumors etc...

The beatles stuff was clearly intentional. When you consider the hints on the album covers as well... it was well thought out.

If you listen really carefully to the beginning of Pink Floyd's 'The Wall' you hear somebody say "...where we came in." Then at the very end of the album the last thing you here is "Isn't this..." The are played over the same melody, so i voice is wondering if this is the same place - pretty cool considering that the wall around Pink is supposed to be circular as to shut out the whole world.

Damn i love Floyd.

There is also a part in The Wall during the Empty Spaces I believe, where if you play it backwards it says, "Congratulations. You've discovered the secret message. Send your answer to Old Pink...."

Last night I was downloading music, and I stumbled upon an album by Radiohead called Kid 17. I'm a huge Radiohead fan, and of course I have Kid A, but I'd never heard of Kid 17. Apparently awhile ago, Thom York (Radiohead's singer) revealed that if you play Kid A, and then start another copy of Kid A 17 seconds later, it creates kind of an intentional remix that flows together really well. Well, I downloaded it, and it's sick. Idioteque is freakin' insane. National Anthem starts out weird, but EXPLODES at the end. It's amazing.

Where did you find this kid 17. Sounds Amazing. Kid A is one of my top five albums, so I would be very interested in finding this myself. I have that Panzah Zandahz Me and this Army remix deal with hip-hop verses remixed with Radiohead. I think that it is pretty solid.

Where did you find this kid 17. Sounds Amazing. Kid A is one of my top five albums, so I would be very interested in finding this myself. I have that Panzah Zandahz Me and this Army remix deal with hip-hop verses remixed with Radiohead. I think that it is pretty solid.

Actually, I've never heard that. PM me. If you have AIM, we can swap.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived