Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Music Tricks

Chopper Dave

Last night I was downloading music, and I stumbled upon an album by Radiohead called Kid 17. I'm a huge Radiohead fan, and of course I have Kid A, but I'd never heard of Kid 17. Apparently awhile ago, Thom York (Radiohead's singer) revealed that if you play Kid A, and then start another copy of Kid A 17 seconds later, it creates kind of an intentional remix that flows together really well. Well, I downloaded it, and it's sick. Idioteque is freakin' insane. National Anthem starts out weird, but EXPLODES at the end. It's amazing.

Anyway, being the music nerd that I am, I was wondering if anyone else knew any cool tricks that you can do with certain songs or albums. I've heard Stairway to Heaven backwards, and there are definitely some Satanic references.

Fire away.

Watch the wizard of oz and the listen to the dark side of the moon at the same time. Start the cd at the third lion roar.

I've done it a bunch of times. It's nuts. I love the scene when Dorothy first walks out of the house after landing in Oz. It's crazy. Also, when they meet the Cowardly Lion, and he starts roaring, it synchs up perfectly. It all synchs up really well.

I've done it a bunch of times. It's nuts. I love the scene when Dorothy first walks out of the house after landing in Oz. It's crazy. Also, when they meet the Cowardly Lion, and he starts roaring, it synchs up perfectly. It all synchs up really well.

No doubt, when the song Time starts and the clocks are going off while the witch is riding her bike is cool too... The synching is really crazy.

I've heard you could listen to Wish you were hear to Blade Runner as well, but I"ve never tried it.

No doubt, when the song Time starts and the clocks are going off while the witch is riding her bike is cool too... The synching is really crazy.

I've heard you could listen to Wish you were hear to Blade Runner as well, but I"ve never tried it.

I've heard that one, I've also heard that Kid A synchs up with the Matrix.

I've heard that one, I've also heard that Kid A synchs up with the Matrix.

Pretty cool...

I've always thought that was a cool thing.

I've got the movie "Nosferatu" burned in my cpu hard drive and I record stuff to it all the time.

It actually makes the music creation process easier. Movies are very inspirational.

Pretty cool...

I've always thought that was a cool thing.

I've got the movie "Nosferatu" burned in my cpu hard drive and I record stuff to it all the time.

It actually makes the music creation process easier. Movies are very inspirational.

Cool.

There used to be an archive of TONS of movie/music synchs, but the site's been under construction for awhile, and I don't think it works anymore.

Flaming Lips have an album called Zaireeka which is 4 discs intended to be played simultaneously. It's not really a trick, because that's the main intention of the album. But I think it's interesting enough to mention

REALLY?!?!? Damn, I have to pick that up immediately. I just started listening to the Flaming Lips, and Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots is one of the best albums I've ever heard.

Did the pink floyd and wizard of oz thing in high school, it was awesome.

I'd be interesting in hearing the Kid A thing.

Chopper Dave, what did you hear in stairway to heaven backwards? and how did you get it to play backwards?

Dunno. My roomate did it. I'm sure it's pretty easy, though. I use an audio editing program called Audacity, and it's free. I've never tried using it to flip a song, but I'm sure you could.

I listened to stairway to heaven backwards as well... and yes I agree there are some definite satanic references.

I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a bit creepy.

From memory... (Stairway to Heaven Backwards) "Heres to my sweet satan... the one whose path makes me sad... come to me sweet satan...

or something like that. It was pretty creepy.

I listened to stairway to heaven backwards as well... and yes I agree there are some definite satanic references.

I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a bit creepy.

From memory... (Stairway to Heaven Backwards) "Heres to my sweet satan... the one whose path makes me sad... come to me sweet satan...

or something like that. It was pretty creepy.

Are you sure?? Everytime I hear something backwards that is supposed to say something else, it takes no little stretch of the imagination to hear what is supposedly being said.

For example, Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust" backwards is supposed to say We love to smoke marijuana...but I could never hear it. :whoknows:

Are you sure?? Everytime I hear something backwards that is supposed to say something else, it takes no little stretch of the imagination to hear what is supposedly being said.

For example, Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust" backwards is supposed to say We love to smoke marijuana...but I could never hear it. :whoknows:

No, it's pretty clear. He says pretty much what zoony said, plus 666 or something.

Flaming Lips have an album called Zaireeka which is 4 discs intended to be played simultaneously. It's not really a trick, because that's the main intention of the album. But I think it's interesting enough to mention

I've heard of that. I believe you are supposed to put one radio in each corner of a room - each radio playing a different cd. Of course you would need 4 radios that you could program to play at the same volume.

If you listen really carefully to the beginning of Pink Floyd's 'The Wall' you hear somebody say "...where we came in." Then at the very end of the album the last thing you here is "Isn't this..." The are played over the same melody, so i voice is wondering if this is the same place - pretty cool considering that the wall around Pink is supposed to be circular as to shut out the whole world.

Damn i love Floyd.

Did the pink floyd and wizard of oz thing in high school, it was awesome.

I'd be interesting in hearing the Kid A thing.

Chopper Dave, what did you hear in stairway to heaven backwards? and how did you get it to play backwards?

I've done stairway backwards many times, I have cpu recording software and can flip stuff around, it's pretty clear that you can hear "Here's to my Sweet Satan" and "666" as well as a few other things at specific points in the song.

Wish You Were Hear synchs with 2001: A Space Odyssey. You can also play Echoes off the Meddle CD during the final scene of 2001. It's pretty insane. Kubrik had actually approached Floyd about doing a good portion of the soundtrack but Waters declined. He's quoted saying that was one of the career moves that he had truly regretted.

De-tach-able Peeee-nis....De-tach-able Peeee-nis....De-tach-able Peeee-nis....De-tach-able Peeee-nis....

Archived