Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eye Gazing Parties

China

Eye Gazing Parties

The eyes are the window of the soul, so it's a lot easier to have a mezmerising conversation with someone after you've spent three minutes looking into his or her eyes. That is the simple idea behind Eye Gazing Parties. Banal chit-chat about employment status, the location of your apartment, or where you're from is not a great way to spark a captivating connection with an alluring new person. Eye contact is.

Here's how it works. An even number of singles meets in an attractive space over drinks and world beats. After a fun mini-lesson in the art of eye contact, the group splits into pairs, and each pair spends three minutes looking at each other's eyes, no talking, with inviting beats in the background. The pairs switch up every three minutes, for a total of 45 minutes. Then there's a party afterwards, with drinks flowing and luscious beats vibing. The eye gazing has an electrifying effect on the party; simply put, three minutes of eye contact is the Cadillac of ice-breakers. Come try out the exciting new way to meet single souls!

FAQ

:rubeyes:

This is so stupid. If you need gazing into your lover or potential lover's eyes to be regulated and mini-classed and packaged like some ridiculous trend then you don't deserve to gaze into anyone's eyes.

Some people have to overanalyze and commercialize the fun and spontaneity out of everything.

Next there will be "chemistry parties" where people will be paired up evenly and instructed to become chemical with each other. There you go - instant fake, manufactured chemistry.

Can't these people get real jobs?

I bet if someone pulled aside all you guys that are trashing this stuff, and asked you what you thought of meditation, yoga, or other forms of "skilled relaxation", most or all of you would support it. Yet, this is no different, the only difference is that it's dual meditation. So how can you justify the harsh words on this ?

I bet if someone pulled aside all you guys that are trashing this stuff, and asked you what you thought of meditation, yoga, or other forms of "skilled relaxation", most or all of you would support it. Yet, this is no different, the only difference is that it's dual meditation. So how can you justify the harsh words on this ?

So that is how this is being marketed? As 'dual meditation'?

Is that your position? Seriously?

Eye Gazing Parties

The eyes are the window of the soul, so it's a lot easier to have a mezmerising conversation with someone after you've spent three minutes looking into his or her eyes. That is the simple idea behind Eye Gazing Parties. Banal chit-chat about employment status, the location of your apartment, or where you're from is not a great way to spark a captivating connection with an alluring new person. Eye contact is.

Here's how it works. An even number of singles meets in an attractive space over drinks and world beats. After a fun mini-lesson in the art of eye contact, the group splits into pairs, and each pair spends three minutes looking at each other's eyes, no talking, with inviting beats in the background. The pairs switch up every three minutes, for a total of 45 minutes. Then there's a party afterwards, with drinks flowing and luscious beats vibing. The eye gazing has an electrifying effect on the party; simply put, three minutes of eye contact is the Cadillac of ice-breakers. Come try out the exciting new way to meet single souls!

FAQ

:rubeyes:

Sounds like a good time. Do you think they'd mind if you show up 45 minutes late? :silly:

I'd do it if I thought it would help me get laid.

Of course it will.

Surely you have already spent ages just gazing into your lover's eyes? The stupid thing about the article and why people are ragging on it is because they've turned a normal part of human interaction into some Starbucksesque commodity.

Of course you should gaze into each others eyes. Of course it helps communication. Of course it helps intimacy. Duh!

Edited to shreik 'Eureka!" I've been trying to figure out how to put the quotes from other posters in that box thing and I just did it here without knowing what I did. Can anyone refer me to instructions?

In my college drama/improv class, we did something similar with our partner for an upcomming improv....but she also had to rest her arm, from elbow to finger tip, on mine. I gotta tell yea.......it works!!!

But seeing how a womans' eyes are my weakness, this set up might not be the best situation for me. I'd be broke and broken hearted within a week. ;)

I'd still do it though. :)

:logo:

A person with a signature of middle-aged men wearing skimpy outfits and who takes pleasure in watching them pretend to beat each other up... revokes their right to call anything "gay". ;)

I highly doubt you can call Hillbilly Jim or Dusty Rhodes "middle-aged." They are Senior Citizens by now I believe. Now, as for Kamala, well, he's just awesome. ;)

I think this is kinda cool actually. We seem to have lost the art of looking one another in the eye when carrying on a casual conversation. Is this type of party for everyone? Umm... NO! It is going to be a fad just like "speed dating" and all those other types of unique setups. Some people will like it, and claim that it works for them... While others call it "gay", as we have seen here on this board.

Interesting find, China!

Archived