Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Keep Going Back To the Tiki Barber Quote About Seattle

kingdaddy

All about thier offense but defense is never mentioned for either team.
The Seahawk defense is generally underrated because it plays as a bend-but-don't-break squad. There also aren't any really big names on D, we don't have the killer speed rusher, and we haven't been creating turnovers like crazy.

And, as much as we'd like to talk about the Seahawks, it gets very tiring if every post is responded to with "that's just because you played weak teams."

Seattle hasnt played a team like the Redskins... Since the Redskins and that was so long ago with different players on defense now its back to being a wash.

One team is battle tested and ready to win if they are healthy

The other is a sham of a team with the easiest schedule in the ENTIRE NFL...

The Seahawk defense is generally underrated because it plays as a bend-but-don't-break squad. There also aren't any really big names on D, we don't have the killer speed rusher, and we haven't been creating turnovers like crazy.

And, as much as we'd like to talk about the Seahawks, it gets very tiring if every post is responded to with "that's just because you played weak teams."

SEE SIGV

That's the big difference between our two teams. Seattle CAN turn the ball over - five or six or seven times - and we STILL win the game.

We can be down early - but we STILL win the game.

Seattle has ZERO chance of losing this game.

The NFL has stated that if it wasn't for their contract with FOX, they would scrap this game and let Seattle play the winner of the Bear-Panther game.

Here's my prediction:

You are one of the tools who will be nowhere to be found next week when we fly out of Seattle victorious.

After the Giants blew that game out in Seattle this season, Tiki Barber had this to say: "If that's (Seattle) considered to be the best team in the NFC then let me tell you the NFC is wide open for anyone to win."

Tiki had other things to say last night on letterman. Claiming that he knew the Seahawks would win the NFC

Well, that's just because you played weak teams.
LOL. :)

It is true that many of the teams Seattle played were not very good. Nothing we can do about that. But that doesn't mean the team isn't good. It might mean they haven't proven anything yet (and they haven't to me,) but don't mistake that for meaning they suck.

The other is a sham of a team with the easiest schedule in the ENTIRE NFL...
And the fact that they are a sham is based on...? In depth analysis of the players, schemes, and execution? Or just simply that we played easy teams. Teams that are shams will often lose games that they should have won? Please tell me which team the Seahawks lost to that we should have beaten?

*cough* Raiders *cough* ;)

No but the Cowboys did. Down 10-3, the Seahawks drove 81 yards in 2 minutes for the tie before Bledsoe threw the infamous pick. I'm honestly hoping your team is looking at this game like the fans are.

Congrats on the single example. Got any more? And are you disputing the overall point I was making about the fact that the 'Skins played in far more close games than did the Seahawks this year?

Congrats on the single example. Got any more? And are you disputing the overall point I was making about the fact that the 'Skins played in far more close games than did the Seahawks this year?
So it makes you better that you let teams hang around? Only Redskins fans would take ineptitude and spin it into a positive.

What was the high note of the Raider game, 4Skin fan?

Amazing. It's like Playoffs for the fans. The deeper teams get into the playoffs, the more chippy we all become.

It's time to put up or shut up if you're a fan. Get on it, or get off it.

I'm on it baby. **** the Seahawks. I urinate on their piddly little green eyed fartknocking bird.

:point2sky

Tiki had other things to say last night on letterman. Claiming that he knew the Seahawks would win the NFC

I respect Tiki's opinion. Although, how he can say Carolina isn't going to win the NFC is beyond me after the whoopin they just put on the Giants. That strength of schedule for Seattle that was posted is interesting. Playing the 32nd most difficult (or easiest) schedule in the league makes you wonder how battle tested they really are.

I, for one, sat in the stands at the Linc in Philly and they dominated the Beagles. Something has to be said for that performance on national tv. They completely dominated the birds and took the crowd right out of the game. With are defense, and their undefeated record at home, this should be a reallyl good game.

I love our chances in this game I have said all along I wasn't sold on the Seahawks because who have they really beaten. They beat up on a banged up Eagles team and they played the Colts who did not have their starters playing or their head coach due to the unfortunate situation with his son. If the Colts had all their players and Dungy was on the field . Seahawks would have gotten slaughtered. It's going to come down to being physical playing error free ball. I think you're going to see a gameplan very similiar to the first time a ball control offense we have to win the third down conversions.

People seem to forget that the Seahawks had way more injured and resting players than the Colts.

Also, they seem to forget before they took Manning out, we were leading 14-3. Manny only got 3 points out of his drives while playing.

Boy, you guys really make lots of excues. Why did you loose to the Raiders?

So it makes you better that you let teams hang around? Only Redskins fans would take ineptitude and spin it into a positive.

:laugh: Feeble.

Hey, I'd love for our team to score as many points a game as Seattle has. The point is, they haven't been able to - on a consistent basis - but they've won anyway against the 2nd toughest schedule the league has to offer. They know how to fight for a win when things don't go their way. I don't see that from Seattle this year, not with the schedule they played.

Maybe they can do it, maybe they can't. We know the 'Skins can play an ugly game and win however.

I am bundle of nerves about this game. Even more than I was about the Bucs

game last week. Seattle has the crowd behind them and they are coming off a

bye. Our offense has been pretty much empty for the past two weeks and now,they not only have to deal with a rested and eager defense, but also being able to hear audibles and snap counts in a loud stadium.

I'm not worried at all about our defense, but our offensive production has to be much improved. We can't expect the defense to hold Seatlle like they did Tampa. Seattles O-line is better than Tampa's and a veteran QB as well as a veteran RB. Not a QB who only started a handful of games and running back who's a rookie.

Add this big ant to the long list of visiting posters who will never come back and take their medicine in the event that their team loses.

All this crap is no different then that we heard from Cowboy, Giant, Eagle, and Buc trolls....er....fans.

Different dance, same band.

The seahawks did rally once this season to come back to win... against the titans...

... and the Cowboys... and the Giants

I know the Skins had a much tougher schedule. That's why you're 5-5 against teams with a winning record. Seattle is a mere 4-2. I bet you were touting you had an easy schedule before you lost against the Raiders. 0-4 against the AFC.

In all seriousness, the Colts also had an easy schedule. Would there have been an asterisk next to it if they went undefeated? "19-0 against an easy schedule". Don't blame the opponent for having an easy schedule. We can't help it if the Eagles took a dive before we played em, or that the Ramseses fell apart after our first meeting. (or should I say BECAUSE of our first meeting)

Here I thought I'd have plenty to debate in a civil manner. I see that all I've found was a pep rally.

Um, understanding that this particular hore was beaten to death about Sunday, (By now he's been stuffed and mounted.)

But this team did beat Dallas and the Giants, and come within one of beating us.

Dallas and the Giants, while they aren't as good as the Skins :) aren't exactly the Niners, either.

In fact, it could be said that against WAS, PHI, and NYG, Seattle is 2-1

And against PHI and NYG, we are 3-1. (Better, but not a whole bunch.)

(Although, I think our visiting trolls also need to understand: I don't think any of the Skins fans think their team is going to lay down. We just don't think they're so all-fired invincable, either.)

Archived