Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Keep Going Back To the Tiki Barber Quote About Seattle

kingdaddy

After the Giants blew that game out in Seattle this season, Tiki Barber had this to say: "If that's (Seattle) considered to be the best team in the NFC then let me tell you the NFC is wide open for anyone to win."

If we play turnover free football and keep Alexander held reasonably in check, we win this game folks. We gotta sustain some drives and keep our defense off of the field. Seattle is not the second coming of the 85 Bears. They are very beatable. The more I think about this game, I like our chances.

After the Giants blew that game out in Seattle this season, Tiki Barber had this to say: "If that's (Seattle) considered to be the best team in the NFC then let me tell you the NFC is wide open for anyone to win."

If we play turnover free football and keep Alexander held reasonably in check, we win this game folks. We gotta sustain some drives and keep our defense off of the field. Seattle is not the second coming of the 85 Bears. They are very beatable. The more I think about this game, I like our chances.

I love our chances. My biggest worry remains how much stock I place in emotion. We've had to play at such an emotional high for so long you wonder when that will start to level off a little. Seattle should be rocking emotionally with that crowd and this stage. This is a "buzz saw" type of set up where we go in, get down quickly, the crowd starts partying, and things turn awful, kind of like what happened to Dallas against us.

Injuries are starting to sap some of what we can rely upon, especially defensively shere Wynn and Clemons are out removing two ends from the equation and with limited trust in Arrington fill in -- given a shot he jumps way off sides and wasn't given another shot -- the team has to go 3-4 or secondary heavy for portions of the game it might not want against such a good, athletic offensive line as the Seahawks have.

Still though, there seems to be a focus and will about our team that is awfully encouraging. They are finding ways to win and emerging as a winner. This is something you can't really measure. More and more you have the feeling things will turn out the way you want them. You're fretting less. Your confidence grows.

And you know NO team wants to get into a slug fest with us because if we're in one, we're likely to win one.

I love our chances in this game I have said all along I wasn't sold on the Seahawks because who have they really beaten. They beat up on a banged up Eagles team and they played the Colts who did not have their starters playing or their head coach due to the unfortunate situation with his son. If the Colts had all their players and Dungy was on the field . Seahawks would have gotten slaughtered. It's going to come down to being physical playing error free ball. I think you're going to see a gameplan very similiar to the first time a ball control offense we have to win the third down conversions.

I have this feeling that they are a finesse team. Even Alexander who is big and strong, but I don't see him as a punishing back. I think if we punch them in the mouth hard, quickly, there's a good chance they fold.

We have played in physical game after physical game this year. I go back to the last three games we had to play, and win, against NFC East opponents. I think the NFC East plays one of the most physical brands of football in the NFL, from top to bottom. We are battle tested, and battle hardened. There is nothing they can do to us physically to throw us off. I think that may be what Tiki meant. They can be beat, because they aren't a team that wants to be physical.

We are.

I love our chances 1000x more than the media.

Dallas was supposed to shred our secondary, based on a KC team that forgot how to tackle.

Tiki was supposed to run all up and down us.

Philly was supposed to play spoilers.

Jackson was supposed to have a field day on us.

Tampa was supposed to throw all over our "beaten up" secondary.

The more and more our team feels disrespected, the better they seem to come out and play. They should have the game of their lifetimes this Saturday... :seahawksu

One of the things I've been pointing out when discussing this game is that we're far more used to "winning ugly" by coming out on top in a dog fight than Seattle is. Seattle's used to rolling and winning by a comfortable margin. It's one of the benefits of being "battle tested" as Gibbs likes to call it.

Don't underestimate how significant that can be - remember how inept Philly was at trying to run a 2-minute offense in last year's Super Bowl because they were so used to playing with a lead?

Seattle wants to win this game going away. I'm not sure they're quite going to know what to do if they're either up or down by a score or less towards the end of the 3rd quarter against our team, which never seems to go away. I can assure you that the Rams, 49'ers and Cardinals didn't teach them anything in that regard.

I don't think this team is emotionally drained. I read where the locker room was pretty much quiet after the Bucs game. It was said that the offense felt like they had lost a game and the rest of the team was already thinking of the seahawks. To me, that sounds like a team that has it's priorities straight and focused.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

:seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu

I don't think this team is emotionally drained. I read where the locker room was pretty much quiet after the Bucs game. It was said that the offense felt like they had lost a game and the rest of the team was already thinking of the seahawks. To me, that sounds like a team that has it's priorities straight and focused.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

:seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu

Interesting, I hadn't heard that. If so, I'd interpret it the same way as you.

if we can keep making seattle drive 70 to 80 years for a touchdown, i think that we will win this game. Are defense will eventually make a huge stop somehwere in between that length, and seattle will be stalled. I like our chanced. personally I think that we match up better with seattle than with the bucs. Now, our strength should be going up against thier strength. it should be a real battle

This will be a hard game in my opinion. I am scared of the Seahawks. I mean, overall, any team has the capability to beat any other team (Chargers beat Colts, 49ers beat Bucs, Dolphins beat Panthers). It comes down to management, execution, and heart. Gibbs and our team have a lot of heart, I hope our offense and defense can execute enough for the win, w/o beating ourselves. The Seahawks can explode on offense, and their defense isnt a laughable group like say the 49ers or Texans.

I just hope for the win, and I have faith we can do it!

The thing that worries me the most about this game is Brunell. He doesn't admit it but his play has declined remarkably since his calf and knee injuries. Seattle is going to force the Brunell to beat them by throwing the ball. But, they'll likely take away Moss and Cooley. Skins really need for another WR to step up (and for Brunell to look for him and throw to him). If only one other WR becomes a legitimate threat then Skins offense should be open enough for Portis to run.

One of the things I've been pointing out when discussing this game is that we're far more used to "winning ugly" by coming out on top in a dog fight than Seattle is. Seattle's used to rolling and winning by a comfortable margin. It's one of the benefits of being "battle tested" as Gibbs likes to call it.

Don't underestimate how significant that can be - remember how inept Philly was at trying to run a 2-minute offense in last year's Super Bowl because they were so used to playing with a lead?

Seattle wants to win this game going away. I'm not sure they're quite going to know what to do if they're either up or down by a score or less towards the end of the 3rd quarter against our team, which never seems to go away. I can assure you that the Rams, 49'ers and Cardinals didn't teach them anything in that regard.

No but the Cowboys did. Down 10-3, the Seahawks drove 81 yards in 2 minutes for the tie before Bledsoe threw the infamous pick. I'm honestly hoping your team is looking at this game like the fans are.

I love our chances. My biggest worry remains how much stock I place in emotion. We've had to play at such an emotional high for so long you wonder when that will start to level off a little. Seattle should be rocking emotionally with that crowd and this stage. This is a "buzz saw" type of set up where we go in, get down quickly, the crowd starts partying, and things turn awful, kind of like what happened to Dallas against us.

Injuries are starting to sap some of what we can rely upon, especially defensively shere Wynn and Clemons are out removing two ends from the equation and with limited trust in Arrington fill in -- given a shot he jumps way off sides and wasn't given another shot -- the team has to go 3-4 or secondary heavy for portions of the game it might not want against such a good, athletic offensive line as the Seahawks have.

Still though, there seems to be a focus and will about our team that is awfully encouraging. They are finding ways to win and emerging as a winner. This is something you can't really measure. More and more you have the feeling things will turn out the way you want them. You're fretting less. Your confidence grows.

And you know NO team wants to get into a slug fest with us because if we're in one, we're likely to win one.

Art--I have a feeling we'll be seeing Arrington a lot more on passing downs, and possibly lining up as a DE in this game

if we can keep making seattle drive 70 to 80 years for a touchdown, i think that we will win this game. Are defense will eventually make a huge stop somehwere in between that length, and seattle will be stalled. I like our chanced. personally I think that we match up better with seattle than with the bucs. Now, our strength should be going up against thier strength. it should be a real battle
Did you know the Seahawks lead the league in TDs scored on drives of 80 yards or more? Long drives just mean we get to eat up more clock. :cool:

Why is Clemons out?

The thing that worries me the most about this game is Brunell. He doesn't admit it but his play has declined remarkably since his calf and knee injuries. Seattle is going to force the Brunell to beat them by throwing the ball. But, they'll likely take away Moss and Cooley. Skins really need for another WR to step up (and for Brunell to look for him and throw to him). If only one other WR becomes a legitimate threat then Skins offense should be open enough for Portis to run.

I've seen other teams put their stud running backs out as a WR and use the backup RB in the backfield at different points. I don't know how good of a receiver Portis is, but, wouldn't it be a nice look to have him run underneath routes while Moss took the safety deeper downfield? This way the defense would have to defend Moss, Portis, Cooley, Sellers and a dangerous runnning back. I know we use multiple TE's often times, but, instead of Jacobs, line up Portis outside and use Rock and Betts in the backfield at different times? Those two have both shown the ability to get through the line and do damage in the secondary when the defense is spread out. And, this way we can take some of the load off of Portis and his sore shoulders but still have him as a weapon to go to in the passing game. To me, it's all about getting your best players on the field and Jacobs is not one of our best players. Betts and Cartwright offer more than Jacobs can.

If we can control the clock, control Alexander, and play mistake free football (and getting an early lead never hurt) then I think that we will have a real good shot at winning.

:laugh:

So what you're saying is "If we play better than the other team, we have a real good shot at winning." Nice.

Gibbs needs to let Brunell throw early. Let him get his grove back. He has shown us he can be effective. I've been saying Ramsey but I've decieded to change my additude and just support Brunell. He's the starter and we have to believe in him or we are wishing him failure.

I'm sorry but the Seahawks just don't scare me. Of course they are capable of beating us, and of course they are a good team.

But lets not kid ourselves, they are the furthest thing from the juggernaut that the media has portrayed them as. Looking at their overall record it is easy to see why the media thinks this way.

However, every time the Seahawks have played a quality opponent, they either have won in miracle fashion, or lost.

It is that simple.

And trust me, Seattle, the Washington Redskins are a quality opponent. Make no mistake, you will be punched in the mouth on Saturday. Regardless of who wins, the Seahawks will be very, very soar the following week.

I hope the Seahawks players come into this game as confident and as arrogant as their fans...

We just cant give them short fields or turn the ball over.

Getting down early is not an option.

That's the big difference between our two teams. Seattle CAN turn the ball over - five or six or seven times - and we STILL win the game.

We can be down early - but we STILL win the game.

Seattle has ZERO chance of losing this game.

The NFL has stated that if it wasn't for their contract with FOX, they would scrap this game and let Seattle play the winner of the Bear-Panther game.

I think there is one very important facet of the game overlooked... Special Teams.

We need huge kick-offs, and not ones received at the 20 yard line. Hall has to booom those suckers down there. Secondly, we need a big game from Frost, who has had trouble. We won't mention the 14 yarder last week. Biggest effort has to be the return team. We are in need of some huge plays from them. Our style of football made a dramatic change over the last 7 weeks and stats don't mean sh%$! Offensively, control the clock. They think our O line is old and washed up! I saw it on their forum yesterday. We score 17 points, we win this game!

Archived