Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Keep Going Back To the Tiki Barber Quote About Seattle

kingdaddy

I have this feeling that they are a finesse team. Even Alexander who is big and strong, but I don't see him as a punishing back. I think if we punch them in the mouth hard, quickly, there's a good chance they fold.

We have played in physical game after physical game this year. I go back to the last three games we had to play, and win, against NFC East opponents. I think the NFC East plays one of the most physical brands of football in the NFL, from top to bottom. We are battle tested, and battle hardened. There is nothing they can do to us physically to throw us off. I think that may be what Tiki meant. They can be beat, because they aren't a team that wants to be physical.

We are.

I don't think that Seattle will fold. Everybody points to Hasselbeck as a clown because of the stupid things he said at the coin toss in G.B. and I can't disagree with that, but they also have Jurevicious who has a S.B. ring, and they are led by Holmgren who has a ring as a head coach. I give Washington all the credit in the world, and I think that they have a great chance simply because of their defence - but I don't think that Seattle is a ****footing finesse team that will fold at the first sign of adversity. I'm really looking forward to this game - I think it will be very close.

Even if Brunell is having a so-so game, Joe will not pull him, we are in it WIN or LOSE with Mark. Lets hope his form can get back to the Cowboys/Giants game. I still don't think he will be a huge factor if he plays par or just below subpar. The Redskins showed that with a lead like they had against Tampa Bay, they will go into conservative mode and just try and take time off the clock. Heck if the Baltimore Ratbirds can win with Trent Dilfer, we can prove that theory also.

The thing that worries me the most about this game is Brunell. He doesn't admit it but his play has declined remarkably since his calf and knee injuries. Seattle is going to force the Brunell to beat them by throwing the ball. But, they'll likely take away Moss and Cooley. Skins really need for another WR to step up (and for Brunell to look for him and throw to him). If only one other WR becomes a legitimate threat then Skins offense should be open enough for Portis to run.

I just have the feeling you might see him moving more they going to move the pocket get him on bootlegs etc

I'm sorry but the Seahawks just don't scare me. Of course they are capable of beating us, and of course they are a good team.

But lets not kid ourselves, they are the furthest thing from the juggernaut that the media has portrayed them as. Looking at their overall record it is easy to see why the media thinks this way.

However, every time the Seahawks have played a quality opponent, they either have won in miracle fashion, or lost.

It is that simple.

And trust me, Seattle, the Washington Redskins are a quality opponent. Make no mistake, you will be punched in the mouth on Saturday. Regardless of who wins, the Seahawks will be very, very soar the following week.

I hope the Seahawks players come into this game as confident and as arrogant as their fans...

Oh the players are you haven't seen any of the interviews they just big stupid grins on their faces just smiling they overconfident. Shaun Alexander, Josh Brown ( kicker) :doh:

We cannot be predictable on offense. Seat. will expect us to run, so lets pass. To compensate our lack of WR, lets put CP with Betts at the same time. Lets also include Sellers. Figure running formations, but pass. It's like using red zone formations across the field.

Did you know the Seahawks lead the league in TDs scored on drives of 80 yards or more? Long drives just mean we get to eat up more clock. :cool:

I do like the Seattle offense and I am worried by Hasselback's ability to use his legs. Let's face it, our D pretty much knew where to find Bledsoe, Manning, and Simms.

With that said, it is hard to seriously ponder any stats related to the 'Hawks season, like the one above, due to the minor-league schedule they played.

I know how much Seattle fans hate to hear it but that doesn't make it any less true.

Seattle has one major advantage over the Redskins, they are playing at home. So was Tampa. How'd that work out?

The thing that worries me the most about this game is Brunell. He doesn't admit it but his play has declined remarkably since his calf and knee injuries. Seattle is going to force the Brunell to beat them by throwing the ball. But, they'll likely take away Moss and Cooley. Skins really need for another WR to step up (and for Brunell to look for him and throw to him). If only one other WR becomes a legitimate threat then Skins offense should be open enough for Portis to run.

If Seattle decides to take BOTH Cooley and Moss away from us, then that will throw the door wide open for Portis and Betts (and who knows, maybe even Rock here and there) to bulldoze them. This may actually be to our benifit if they come out of the gate doing this, since we will get a chance to dominate with our running game, eating up clock and keeping their offense (which is their strong point) out of the equation for quite a bit of time.

Honestly I really think that we will see a massive dose of Portis and Betts to start things off, regardless of what Seattle is doing to start the game. This is a big part of how we beat them earlier this year...Alexander can't dominate if he's standing next to the water cooler for 25 minutes in the first half. :D

If by some chance, they decide to stack things against the run and leave both Moss and Cooley in single coverage for any length of time, I have no doubt that Brunell will be able to use them to drive this team down the field, or capitalize for a quick score.

Either way I see our offense having a good game...they have been down for a couple weeks now, and have heard about it relentlessly (expecially since last Saturday). Our O has been an up and down unit for most of the year - they are due to come out of thier current trend this week and break off some points.

To be totally honest, I am not even as worried about this matchup as I was for the TB game last weekend (although that will most likely change on gameday). This is a team that we match up against nicely, and one that has been totally overrated for a while now. It will be close no matter what, but I really have an excellent feeling about us comming out on top! :cheers:

:helmet: :seahawksu :panthersu :bearsuck: :helmet:

That's the big difference between our two teams. Seattle CAN turn the ball over - five or six or seven times - and we STILL win the game.

We can be down early - but we STILL win the game.

Seattle has ZERO chance of losing this game.

The NFL has stated that if it wasn't for their contract with FOX, they would scrap this game and let Seattle play the winner of the Bear-Panther game.

And once again, name one winning team that your team beat by more than 3 points?

The 2 you did beat beat themselves.

How are you down 10-3 against the Cowboys at home with 40 seconds left in the game with this powerful, unstoppable offense of yours?

I'd like to know because we were up 35-0 in ours with them in our house. :cheers:

For Tiki Barber to make this statement takes some balls. He had to figure the Giants would see them again and beat them. Again, I won't guarantee that we'll beat Seattle, but, I do think it will come down to the end. Tiki is obviously stating that he wasn't that impressed with them. So why is the media?

After the Giants blew that game out in Seattle this season, Tiki Barber had this to say: "If that's (Seattle) considered to be the best team in the NFC then let me tell you the NFC is wide open for anyone to win."

If we play turnover free football and keep Alexander held reasonably in check, we win this game folks. We gotta sustain some drives and keep our defense off of the field. Seattle is not the second coming of the 85 Bears. They are very beatable. The more I think about this game, I like our chances.

agree. at a neutral field without substantial crowd noise, and with a rested team, we win this game 8 times out of 10. however, we are beat to hell, Clinton Portis is falling apart, Shawn Springs is a gimp, so is Brunell, and now Ray Brown's knees are starting to ache. the Seagulls, on the other hand, have had two weeks to rest, and they have a loud stadium which will likely get us a few false starts. that could very well be the difference in this game. I think this one's going to be close. if we can get an early lead and take their fans out of it, it will greatly improve our chances.

this time of year, it usually comes down to which team has the greater number of healthy bodies on the field. that's the ONLY reason I'm worried.

We just cant give them short fields or turn the ball over.

Getting down early is not an option.

Exactly, we need to score early and often and our D needs to shut down Mr Alexander.

Didn't Hasselback used to be a Skin?

I don't see him shredding anything but the seat of his trousers running from our Defense.

Hail!:point2sky

This will be a hard game in my opinion. I am scared of the Seahawks. I mean, overall, any team has the capability to beat any other team (Chargers beat Colts, 49ers beat Bucs, Dolphins beat Panthers). It comes down to management, execution, and heart. Gibbs and our team have a lot of heart, I hope our offense and defense can execute enough for the win, w/o beating ourselves. The Seahawks can explode on offense, and their defense isnt a laughable group like say the 49ers or Texans.

I just hope for the win, and I have faith we can do it!

I wish no one was scared of the seahawks. I dont think we were scared during the regular season, i dont think Jacksonville was scared and I dont think Green Bay was scared. Not a single home loss is a bit scary.

I am looking for a long methodical game where clock control is paramount. Lets hope Portis and company have a huge day.

HTTR

Seattle hasn't been in a tough game or a game of consequence for at

least 5 weeks when they played the Giants and the Giants missed 3 FGs.

I don't know if they are ready for the physical play they will get from

the Skins up front on both sides of the ball. Just take a look at the

defensive units they have played in the 2nd half of the year.

The Skins have faced the opposite situation and are battle tested. Also, Gibbs

did a smart thing by flying out a day early to give the team extra rest.

For Tiki Barber to make this statement takes some balls. He had to figure the Giants would see them again and beat them. Again, I won't guarantee that we'll beat Seattle, but, I do think it will come down to the end. Tiki is obviously stating that he wasn't that impressed with them. So why is the media?
At the time of the Giants-Seahawks game, the media wasn't impressed with the Hawks. EVERYBODY was saying we were pretenders, lucky, etc. It wasn't until late in the season that media started jumping on the bandwagon.
Hassleback has the same stats as Brunell
No he doesn't. Close, but not the same. Hasselbeck averages about 1 yard per attempt more than Brunell and has a 98 QB rating versus Brunell's 85. Look it up. (I'm actually a fan of Brunell's. He was at the UW during the early 90's when they were so good.)

Archived