Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Saw Spit...evidence Is In

kwitt

But, there is no rule, as far as I know, specifically suggesting spitting is an automatic ejection.

Well, this is the best I found with a cursory look on nfl.com:

Unsportsmanlike Conduct is listed under: 15 Yards (and disqualification if flagrant)

source: http://www.nfl.com/fans/rules/penaltysummaries

Also, for what it's worth, on the Comcast Postgame BMitch was irritated because he said that he had been spat upon in the past, complained to the refs, and nothing was ever done about it. Then he questioned the validity of ejecting him, since he (BMitch) is on the executive committee and helps with rule creation and what-not. A staff member of the show then showed them that there is a rule that implies ejection for spitting (sounded like it was automatic). I can't find support for that though.

Just finished breaking down the replay on my Fujitsu HD plasma and I actually see spit flying through the air. If you slo-mo the play you can clearly see a ball (not spray) of what may be spit going across the referee's black stripe who is standing behind the two (the one on his left sleeve). The spit has a low trajectory and appears to have missed Pittman's face. This all makes sense for the following reasons:

1. The spit conincides perfectly with the slight head bob we have seen and written off as possible jarring on his part.

2. This is why Pittman does not wipe his face. He reacted to the action, not spit landing on his face.

3. At the time you see the spit flying, Mike Carey is looking right at Taylor and has a clear view of what happened.

No you didn't

4. Taylor was able to tell Gregg Williams that he did not spit on his face because he didn't, it landed on his mid to upper jersey.

I just reviewed the tape again and I am now certain. He even lifts his facemask a little to allow for clearance. Focus on the ref's black stripe in the background.

Pittman's claim does not refute the theory. Just makes the thrice arrested thug a liar, that's all.

Three arrests does not a thug make. Ever hear the concept "innocent until proven guilty"? It's a neat little concept we like to hold dear here in America. Part of what makes this a great nation. You might adopt it for yourself. Who knows, it might make you better too. Stranger things have happened.

I think the ref used a judgement call. Spitting on a person is the most disrespectful thing you can do to a person to me. The ref can't expect a person to just stand there after being spit on. I think he understood Pittman's retaliation.

Judgement is not allowed in this call. You take a swing you go home. Period. If the Ref used his "judgement" to refrain from ejecting pittman then the ref broke the rules. No way around it. It wouldn't matter if Sean flung poo like a chimp at the zoo. Pittman swung. That's an ejection. If sean spit then his ejection was kosher. The refs failure to boot Pittman was a flagrantly bad call no matter how badly you want to take Pittman's side.

I just reviewed the tape again and I am now certain. He even lifts his facemask a little to allow for clearance. Focus on the ref's black stripe in the background.

Pittman's claim does not refute the theory. Just makes the thrice arrested thug a liar, that's all.

How do you know he was spitting on Pittman if it "missed" him. This whole spit thing is ridiculous and it should jsut go away. Who the hell even cares?

It's not like Taylor took a crap in the guy's face.

Judgement is not allowed in this call. You take a swing you go home. Period. If the Ref used his "judgement" to refrain from ejecting pittman then the ref broke the rules. No way around it. It wouldn't matter if Sean flung poo like a chimp at the zoo. Pittman swung. That's an ejection. If sean spit then his ejection was kosher. The refs failure to boot Pittman was a flagrantly bad call no matter how badly you want to take Pittman's side.

Spitting is not necessarily warranting of an ejection according to the rules...it can lead to one, but does not have to.

Three arrests does not a thug make. Ever hear the concept "innocent until proven guilty"? It's a neat little concept we like to hold dear here in America. Part of what makes this a great nation. You might adopt it for yourself. Who knows, it might make you better too. Stranger things have happened.

No, 3 arrests can indeed make you a thug. Hell, one can be a thug without any arrests.

It doesn't make him a criminal. But make no mistake, he's a thug.

I don't know why everyone is baggin' on Kwitt. I'm sure nearly EVERYONE would like to know the truth as to what happened. Look, Taylor is BY FAR my favorite player. I have 4 Taylor jersey's including his #26 Miami Hurricanes jersey. That being said I would have liked to believe that Taylor did not spit. I was furious when the incident took place and almost broke my glass top to my coffee table. I thought Taylor was wrongfully accused, and I was on edge for the rest of the game.

However, after reading Kwitt's post I went back to watch it again on my DVR. I have a 36" Toshiba HDTV and an HD recorder from Comcast. I played it over and over and over and saw EXACTLY what Kwitt was talking about. You can see a ball of spit fly towards Pittman (although I don't even think it made it to him). You can see a BALL of spit in the foreground of the Referee's black stripe of his left sleeve. This spit ball came simultaneous to Taylor's subtle head thrust. It is clear that it is not a Bill Cowher type "speech spit". So please stop hating on Kwitt for his post and just understand that he is trying to bring truth to those who don't know. Now the truth is out it will be a lot easier to drop it.

This occurence does not make me think any less of Taylor. It kind of makes me embarrassed to wear my Taylor jersey out in public (especially since I live in Dallas). But I will still wear it proudly. If anyone says anything to me I will just spit in their face.......just kidding. I'm pretty sure Taylor has learned his lesson and will refrain from spitting at people. Obviously from what I saw, Pittman exaggerated by saying that Taylor spit "in" his face, but who wouldn't say that about someone you don't like or someone that just sent your team packing. The truth is out, Taylor is still a great player......let's just all hope he controls his actions a little better, especially after we had stopped them on 3rd down.

LETS GO REDSKINS! SHOW THE SEAHAWKS THEY DESERVED THEIR LOSS IN WEEK 4!

Pittman has a criminal record and an extensive, well-documented history of domestic violence, including ramming his Hummer into his wife's Mercedes while his wife, 2-year-old son, and a babysitter were in it.

IMHO, if all he gets is spit on, he got off light...I'd have put a bullet in his head.

its spitgate!!!

remeber the keither hernedez spit episode from seinfield?

did pittmans head move back and to the right? :)

yes, ive posted the dialogue for this scene twice and no one has noticed it. Therefre, for skinsaddict I'm doing it again:

JERRY: Hellooo Newman.

KRAMER: I hate KEITH HERNANDEZ - hate him.

NEWMAN: I despise him.

ELAINE: Why?

NEWMAN: Why? I'll tell you why...

KRAMER: Let me tell it ..

NEWMAN: No, you can't tell it ..

KRAMER: You always tell it ..

NEWMAN: All right, tell it.

KRAMER: Ja ja ja - just tell it

NEWMAN: June 14, 1987.... Mets Phillies. We're enjoying a beautiful afternoon

in the right field stands when a crucial Hernandez error to a five run Phillies

ninth. Cost the Mets the game.

KRAMER: Our day was ruined. There was a lot of people, you know, they were

waiting by the player's parking lot. Now we're coming down the ramp ... [cut

to film of the day - like the Zabruter film - with the Umbrella man and

everything - Oh so brilliant parody!!!] ... Newman was in front of me. Keith

was coming toward us, as he passes Newman turns and says, " Nice game pretty

boy.". Keith continued past us up the ramp.

NEWMAN: A second later, something happened that changed us in a deep and

profound way front that day forward.

ELAINE: What was it?

KRAMER: He spit on us.... and I screamed out, "I'm hit!"

NEWMAN: Then I turned and the spit ricochet of him and it hit me.

ELAINE: Wow! What a story.

JERRY: Unfortunately the immutable laws of physics contradict the whole premise

of your account. Allow me to reconstruct this if I may for Miss Benes as

I've heard this story a number of times.

JERRY: Newman, Kramer, if you'll indulge me. According to your story Keith

passes you and starts walking up the ramp then you say you were struck on

the right temple. The spit then proceeds to ricochet off the temple

striking Newman between the third and forth rib. The spit then cam off

the rib turned and hit Newman in the right wrist causing him to drop his

baseball cap. The spit then splashed off the wrist, Pauses In mid air

mind you- makes a left turn and lands on Newman's left thigh. That is one

magic luggie.

[THE BRILLIANCE OF THIS SCENE IS THAT IT IS AN EXACT PARODY OF KEVIN COSTNER'S COURTROOM SCENE IN

THE FILM JFK - AND WAYNE KNIGHT PLAYED THE SAME POSITION IN BOTH!!!]

NEWMAN: Well that's the way it happened.

JERRY: What happened to your head when you got hit?

KRAMER: Well. uh, well my head went back and to the left

JERRY: Again

KRAMER: Back and to the left

JERRY: Back and to the left Back and to the left

ELAINE: So, what are you saying?

JERRY: I am saying that the spit could not have come from behind ... that there had to have been

a second spitter behind the bushes on the gravelly road. If the spitter was behind you as you claimed

that would have caused your head to pitch forward.

ELAINE: So the spit could have only come from the front and to the right.

JERRY: But that is not what they would have you believe.

NEWMAN: I'm leavin'. Jerry's a nut. [Exits]

KRAMER: Wait, wait, [Exits]

JERRY: The sad thing is we may never know the real truth.

[George runs in]

GEORGE: [Frantically] Did anybody call here asking for Vandaley industries?

http://www.seinfeldscripts.com/TheBoyfriend1.htm

I don't know why everyone is baggin' on Kwitt. I'm sure nearly EVERYONE would like to know the truth as to what happened. Look, Taylor is BY FAR my favorite player. I have 4 Taylor jersey's including his #26 Miami Hurricanes jersey. That being said I would have liked to believe that Taylor did not spit. I was furious when the incident took place and almost broke my glass top to my coffee table. I thought Taylor was wrongfully accused, and I was on edge for the rest of the game.

However, after reading Kwitt's post I went back to watch it again on my DVR. I have a 36" Toshiba HDTV and an HD recorder from Comcast. I played it over and over and over and saw EXACTLY what Kwitt was talking about. You can see a ball of spit fly towards Pittman (although I don't even think it made it to him). You can see a BALL of spit in the foreground of the Referee's black stripe of his left sleeve. This spit ball came simultaneous to Taylor's subtle head thrust. It is clear that it is not a Bill Cowher type "speech spit". So please stop hating on Kwitt for his post and just understand that he is trying to bring truth to those who don't know. Now the truth is out it will be a lot easier to drop it.

This occurence does not make me think any less of Taylor. It kind of makes me embarrassed to wear my Taylor jersey out in public (especially since I live in Dallas). But I will still wear it proudly. If anyone says anything to me I will just spit in their face.......just kidding. I'm pretty sure Taylor has learned his lesson and will refrain from spitting at people. Obviously from what I saw, Pittman exaggerated by saying that Taylor spit "in" his face, but who wouldn't say that about someone you don't like or someone that just sent your team packing. The truth is out, Taylor is still a great player......let's just all hope he controls his actions a little better, especially after we had stopped them on 3rd down.

LETS GO REDSKINS! SHOW THE SEAHAWKS THEY DESERVED THEIR LOSS IN WEEK 4!

EXACTLY the point of my thread. Thanks my man.

Quit being a fool. If that is the case then Sean Taylor deserves some jail time for his discharging a firearm.

Hey douche bag. Does the name Ray Lewis mean anything to you? Or how about O.J. Simpson? Ok that last one was a joke but anyway. Ever heard of innocent until proven guilty? It's kind of what our justice system is based on. I bet that as soon as you heard that Ray Ray was arrested for a double homicide you were already thinking about the electric chair. What a great juror you would make.

Archived