Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Saw Spit...evidence Is In

kwitt

I looked at my HD tv and can clearly see Pittmen strike Sean Taylor with his fist

The point of this whole thing is not how the ref called it but how Sean Taylor needs to get his act together. Guy may be the most gifted safety to ever play this game and I would hate to see Gibbs have to deal him for character issues.

I have some respect for the official that he understood the man code well enough to forgive Pittman of the retaliation. But, by rule, I wonder if that is latitude he actually has.

Don't you think that was a arbitrary of the official? What kind of message does that send to other players in the league, or even worse kids who are playing the game in pee-wee, or high school?

A better message would have been taught by either ejecting both players, or off-setting the penalties.

I"d be more concerned with Taylor lying to his coach. What does he think? Greg Williams has all that money but doesn't have an HDTV? C'mon, did ST think GW isn't going to go home and see the highlights in HD?

Taylor is an incredibly talented athlete. But he's got a 5 cent head on his shoulders.

I guess it doesn't matter lying or not though. Everyteam in sports puts up with garbage from thier players if the player is good enough.

Sean needs to learn to control himself for the good of the team. He is our most dynamic defensive player and his value in big games is monumental. Pittman should have been ejected as well. In fact, wife beaters shouldn't be in the league to begin with IMHO.

Back and to the Left

Back and to the Left

Back and to the Left

Back and to the Left

Back and to the Left

Back and to the Left

Back and to the Left

Just stop talking about the Taylor incident, it's over, water under the bridge.

No suspension thank god, just leave it be.

*leans back and to the left like Kramer and Newman*

Man that episode was hilarious! lol

If you are, indeed, correct, then Shame on Taylor. He deserved the ejection and is going to deserve the fine.

Now, let's discuss why Pittman got off SCOTT-FREE for retaliating?!?!? I want to see how the league addresses that! They should BOTH have been ejected, the personal fouls should have been off-setting, and BOTH players should be fined by the league!!!!

:stupid: :applause: :seahawksu

On my doppler 9000 56" LCD plasma w/ ambient color background..

I saw what appeared to be spittle, oblong in shape with an opaque center 1/2 collide with his facemask and travel at a 6 degree slope towards pitman.

Although Pittman's knuckles were bruised after making contact with Taylors helmet we are still not sure if they are the root cause of the damage. His wife and the babysitter say that was done earlier the evening before due to a late dinner.

Straight up, I don't believe you.

No disrespect intended, I just think you're wrong.

You're the only person who claims to have seen this, and ESPN has legions of techno-geeks and production assistants to pore over footage like this. If it was at all visible, they would be showing it frame by frame on Sportscenter ala Zapruder.

This is my last post on the topic, unless someone posts indisputable visual evidence.

And shouldn't this be something a Tampa fan wastes their time on?

Straight up, I don't believe you.

No disrespect intended, I just think you're wrong.

You're the only person who claims to have seen this, and ESPN has legions of techno-geeks and production assistants to pore over footage like this. If it was at all visible, they would be showing it frame by frame on Sportscenter ala Zapruder.

This is my last post on the topic, unless someone posts indisputable visual evidence.

And shouldn't this be something a Tampa fan wastes their time on?

Remember when the referee, standing a few feet from ST, said he spit on Pittman?

What else do you need?

I think the ref used a judgement call. Spitting on a person is the most disrespectful thing you can do to a person to me. The ref can't expect a person to just stand there after being spit on. I think he understood Pittman's retaliation.

Actually, I think if I'm the ref (and if I saw it), my call would be penalties on both players, and by rule, the greater penalty is enforced.

Obviously we all love Taylor, but there really is no place for this junk on a football field, and especially a field where men play. He has a tremendous amount of talent, but he really needs to grow up and start thinking a little bit more. Next time, he probably won't be so fortunate evading a suspension.

In related world news, Al-Qaeda claimed responsibility today for the spit that was targeted at the face of Tampa Bay Buccaneer's player Michael Pittman on Saturday. Al-Qaeda released a statement claiming that they will fire spit upon all offensive players who attempt to invade another team's territory.

Dude, you just alerted NSA to this whole thread.

I saw what appeared to be spittle, oblong in shape with an opaque center 1/2 collide with his facemask and travel at a 6 degree slope towards pitman.

Although Pittman's knuckles were bruised after making contact with Taylors helmet we are still not sure if they are the root cause of the damage. His wife and the babysitter say that was done earlier the evening before due to a late dinner.

LMF******AO!

Lol, and then we need to discuss the intelligence of trying to punch someoen that is wearing a football helmet :doh:

:laugh: funny...and how many threads are we gonna have about the "spit"? lol

Just finished breaking down the replay on my Fujitsu HD plasma and I actually see spit flying through the air. If you slo-mo the play you can clearly see a ball (not spray) of what may be spit going across the referee's black stripe who is standing behind the two (the one on his left sleeve). The spit has a low trajectory and appears to have missed Pittman's face. This all makes sense for the following reasons:

1. The spit conincides perfectly with the slight head bob we have seen and written off as possible jarring on his part.

Your theory is flawed, because Pittman himself said he was spit on the face by Taylor:

On ESPN.COM:

"There was a lot of trash-talking the whole game," Pittman said. "He spit in my face, and no man is going to spit in my face. ... He'd get a lot worse if it was on the street."

Archived