Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Saw Spit...evidence Is In

kwitt

Just finished breaking down the replay on my Fujitsu HD plasma and I actually see spit flying through the air. If you slo-mo the play you can clearly see a ball (not spray) of what may be spit going across the referee's black stripe who is standing behind the two (the one on his left sleeve). The spit has a low trajectory and appears to have missed Pittman's face. This all makes sense for the following reasons:

1. The spit conincides perfectly with the slight head bob we have seen and written off as possible jarring on his part.

2. This is why Pittman does not wipe his face. He reacted to the action, not spit landing on his face.

3. At the time you see the spit flying, Mike Carey is looking right at Taylor and has a clear view of what happened.

4. Taylor was able to tell Gregg Williams that he did not spit on his face because he didn't, it landed on his mid to upper jersey.

Just finished breaking down the replay on my Fujitsu HD plasma and I actually see spit flying through the air. If you slo-mo the play you can clearly see a ball (not spray) of what may be spit going across the referee's black stripe who is standing behind the two (the one on his left sleeve). The spit has a low trajectory and appears to have missed Pittman's face. This all makes sense for the following reasons:

1. The spit conincides perfectly with the slight head bob we have seen and written off as possible jarring on his part.

2. This is why Pittman does not wipe his face. He reacted to the action, not spit landing on his face.

3. At the time you see the spit flying, Mike Carey is looking right at Taylor and has a clear view of what happened.

4. Taylor was able to tell Gregg Williams that he did not spit on his face because he didn't, it landed on his mid to upper jersey.

who shot JR?

Bro, everybody with a brain knew that the referee wasn't making this ish up.

Only an assclown would believe there was no spit.

If you are, indeed, correct, then Shame on Taylor. He deserved the ejection and is going to deserve the fine.

Now, let's discuss why Pittman got off SCOTT-FREE for retaliating?!?!? I want to see how the league addresses that! They should BOTH have been ejected, the personal fouls should have been off-setting, and BOTH players should be fined by the league!!!!

Well done, sir. And the Gibbs quote is a nice touch.

Back and to the Left

Back and to the Left

Back and to the Left

Back and to the Left

Back and to the Left

Back and to the Left

Back and to the Left

Just stop talking about the Taylor incident, it's over, water under the bridge.

No suspension thank god, just leave it be.

I'm assuming you recorded the game on an HD recorder, otherwise it doesn't really matter how nice your tv is. I have a 56" HDTV, I can't see spit.

I do indeed have an HD recorder. I only mention Fujitsu because it is one of the best plasma TV's out there. I am not bragging, just supporting my case.

If you are, indeed, correct, then Shame on Taylor. He deserved the ejection and is going to deserve the fine.

Now, let's discuss why Pittman got off SCOTT-FREE for retaliating?!?!? I want to see how the league addresses that! They should BOTH have been ejected, the personal fouls should have been off-setting, and BOTH players should be fined by the league!!!!

I think the ref used a judgement call. Spitting on a person is the most disrespectful thing you can do to a person to me. The ref can't expect a person to just stand there after being spit on. I think he understood Pittman's retaliation.

I think the ref used a judgement call. Spitting on a person is the most disrespectful thing you can do to a person to me. The ref can't expect a person to just stand there after being spit on. I think he understood Pittman's retaliation.

I agree with this.

I think most of us believe it happened and that it is repugnant, but that worse happens during the course of a football game. From the replay, Pitman initiated the jawing, walked up into and bumped Taylor, they both jawed, and then there was the blow by Pitman. I didn't see the spit and I don't condone it, but I hardly think it deserves as much scrutiny and condemnation as it receives. Not when you have dirty players like Roy Williams out there who week after week go out there trying to injure players.

Archived