Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Saw Spit...evidence Is In

kwitt

If you are, indeed, correct, then Shame on Taylor. He deserved the ejection and is going to deserve the fine.

Now, let's discuss why Pittman got off SCOTT-FREE for retaliating?!?!? I want to see how the league addresses that! They should BOTH have been ejected, the personal fouls should have been off-setting, and BOTH players should be fined by the league!!!!

As much as I hate to disagree.... If someone spit on me, I would definitely want to retaliate. I think it's a normal reflex. But none the less, let's put this behind us, and let's watch Sean Taylor redeem himself next week against the SeaHawks.

:seahawksu

I love how everyone gives a personal ad for their TV when discussing watching the replay ( I have a 65in HD Mits btw :) )....sorry great work...just cracks me up hearing this and reading on diff threads. Pics would be nice as I was at a party watching a friend's tired 32inch analog...first time in 2 years not watching a Skins game in HD....i chalked up half the blur to the many Captain and Cokes I imbibed as well. :)

Back and to the Left

Back and to the Left

Back and to the Left

Back and to the Left

Back and to the Left

Back and to the Left

Back and to the Left

Just stop talking about the Taylor incident, it's over, water under the bridge.

No suspension thank god, just leave it be.

I am not dwelling on the incident, just wanted to know if he actually did it. Until I saw this I saw nothing to suggest he did. Taylor needs to grow up.

I am not dwelling on the incident, just wanted to know if he actually did it. Until I saw this I saw nothing to suggest he did. Taylor needs to grow up.

He was ejected for spitting with the ref that called the penalty standing right in front of him.

What more do you need??

It's hard to imagine Taylor didn't spit. So, let's assume he did. As men we know there are two things of grave insult to us should another man do it. First, an open-handed slap. When a man doesn't even have the respect to punch you, but to simply sting you in challenge, the challenged will often back down or lash out.

And, spit.

You spit on a man, expect to be hurt. There's no question spitting or slapping is an instigating move. But, there is no rule, as far as I know, specifically suggesting spitting is an automatic ejection. There is absolutely a rule about punches to the head in the league. Right or wrong the league views punching as the top crime in this area of unsportsmanlike conduct.

I have some respect for the official that he understood the man code well enough to forgive Pittman of the retaliation. But, by rule, I wonder if that is latitude he actually has.

Just finished breaking down the replay on my Fujitsu HD plasma and I actually see spit flying through the air. If you slo-mo the play you can clearly see a ball (not spray) of what may be spit going across the referee's black stripe who is standing behind the two (the one on his left sleeve). The spit has a low trajectory and appears to have missed Pittman's face. This all makes sense for the following reasons:

1. The spit conincides perfectly with the slight head bob we have seen and written off as possible jarring on his part.

2. This is why Pittman does not wipe his face. He reacted to the action, not spit landing on his face.

3. At the time you see the spit flying, Mike Carey is looking right at Taylor and has a clear view of what happened.

4. Taylor was able to tell Gregg Williams that he did not spit on his face because he didn't, it landed on his mid to upper jersey.

Wait before you pronounce Taylor guilty. Can you identify if the spit was a hocked loogey, or just a consequence of someone who spits when they talks--even if it is a ball of saliva? (Just try to say "Pittman" like you're mad and you'll see what I mean). Can you identify if Taylor was spitting at Pittman, or just plain spitting?

I thought not. Taylor will get a fine by the NFL, but only because the NFL doesn't want the refs to look bad. I don't defend intentionally spitting on someone, but I also don't criminalize spitting when you're just an inarticulate trash talker. (Thufferin Thuccotash!). C'mon, they fined Portis for wearing the wrong colored socks.

This will not affect the team or its ability to beat Seattle. We went through the same shenanagans with Dexter Manley 15 years ago.

I am not sure if anyone has said this but, I accept the fact that ST spat and deserved to be thrown out. I am having a problem with the fact that Pittman didn't get thrown out for hitting in the helmet like that. I am not saying it wasn't provoked, but you still just can't retaliate like that IN FRONT OF a ref! He should've been thrown out as well....

Just finished breaking down the replay on my Fujitsu HD plasma and I actually see spit flying through the air. If you slo-mo the play you can clearly see a ball (not spray) of what may be spit going across the referee's black stripe who is standing behind the two (the one on his left sleeve). The spit has a low trajectory and appears to have missed Pittman's face. This all makes sense for the following reasons:

1. The spit conincides perfectly with the slight head bob we have seen and written off as possible jarring on his part.

2. This is why Pittman does not wipe his face. He reacted to the action, not spit landing on his face.

3. At the time you see the spit flying, Mike Carey is looking right at Taylor and has a clear view of what happened.

4. Taylor was able to tell Gregg Williams that he did not spit on his face because he didn't, it landed on his mid to upper jersey.

I have a videotape of the spit actually coming from the grassy knoll.

HAHAHHAHA this thread is hilarious.. look, sean spit at him.. have u heard any of his teammates defend him? are you going to judge what you saw on television compared to an official being right there on the field?

i agree pittman shoulda received a penalty too, but all you sean taylor homers needs to chill out.. he's a good player, but he's not the most angelic player on this redskins team. get off his balls forreal

In related world news, Al-Qaeda claimed responsibility today for the spit that was targeted at the face of Tampa Bay Buccaneer's player Michael Pittman on Saturday. Al-Qaeda released a statement claiming that they will fire spit upon all offensive players who attempt to invade another team's territory.

I went out in my backyard after the game Saturday, and tried spit-talking. Unless you have snaggle teeth, it's kinda hard to do on purpose. That said, I have no idea what type of malformation Taylor may, or may not have, in his upper and lower jaws.

If he DID spit on Pittman, I say he prolly spit on the most deserving fellow in the NFL.

"Why do you hit on girls, man?"

Archived