Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Whats the diffrence between the Giants and the Skins?

rdskn4eva

This postseason has been a testament to the defenses win championships cliche, it will be interesting to see how the Bengals Steelers game turns out. I htink it will be very similar to the Redskins Bucs, not high scoring, very defensive oriented, because much like the skisn and bucs, the Steelers/Bengals are very similar teams.

It will be interesting also to see if the trend continues into round 2 of the playoffs.

The Giants became a fraud as soon as the injury bug depleted their defense.[/Quote]

Are you serious? A team doesn't become a fraud because they lose all of their starting LB'ers or because they become injury riddled. They become vulnerable with backups. A lot of the missed tackles today were by Jackson and Lewis who replaced Emmons and Pierce. HUGE difference in talent. But, they were still on the field and should have made tackles.

:applause:

Exactly.

The Giants became a fraud as soon as the injury bug depleted their defense.

They had no shot once they had to rely on Eli "I sure ain't my brother" Manning.

You know what I thought they were a fraud even before the injuries because if you look back at some of the games one game that really stand out in my mind was that sunday nite game back in wk2 or wk3 against the Chargers. Chargers ran through them like they werent there . I think they were doing it with smoke and mirrors all year.

Giants = Smoke & Mirrors

Redskins = Guts & Power

I don't want to nit-pick, but I'm fairly certain its "Gut and Power" two different types of inside running plays. I know John Clayton got this screwed up. If this was merely a typo, sorry for being a nag, but its definatley not "guts" as in we are tough guys, its gut and power, as in 40/50 gut or 25/26 power. Different styles of run plays.

I don't want to nit-pick, but I'm fairly certain its "Gut and Power" two different types of inside running plays. I know John Clayton got this screwed up. If this was merely a typo, sorry for being a nag, but its definatley not "guts" as in we are tough guys, its gut and power, as in 40/50 gut or 25/26 power. Different styles of run plays.

I think he meant "Guts and power" as in the way we playing attributes, not as in plays themselves. I mean, he said the "Giants=Smokes and Mirrors"...those are definitely not plays.

Anyways, the truth is DEFENSE!!! The Panthers defense DESTROYED the G-men. The G-men's defense just weren't up to the task.

the difference is the redskins play with heart and CHARGED into the playoffs.

the giants (with the exception of tiki barber) play with no heart and dont seem to care half the time and they limped, hell they crawled into the playoffs. Even though the game was close in the first half, you could tell carolina was gonna win, the giants looked slow and sluggish.

I'm not trying to bash the giants i thought they had a good year, but i was disgusted by their effort and pathetic play...i hate eli manning

I think he meant "Guts and power" as in the way we playing attributes, not as in plays themselves. I mean, he said the "Giants=Smokes and Mirrors"...those are definitely not plays.

Anyways, the truth is DEFENSE!!! The Panthers defense DESTROYED the G-men. The G-men's defense just weren't up to the task.

Right, I understand what he was saying, but that came from the Joe Gibbs press conference after Philthy, where they were talking about Clinton being a power runner, and how against the Giants I think, Clinton was like:

"You want to win this game, gut and power, gut and power"

John Clayton took it as "guts and power" which was incorrect. They misheard Gibbs or just don't understand that gut is a type of running play.

Again, I shouldn't nit-pick, but from the first time I heard/read that and they were wrong, it kinda annoyed me.

']Are you serious? A team doesn't become a fraud because they lose all of their starting LB'ers or because they become injury riddled. They become vulnerable with backups. A lot of the missed tackles today were by Jackson and Lewis who replaced Emmons and Pierce. HUGE difference in talent. But' date=' they were still on the field and should have made tackles.[/quote']

With all due respect, Tom. The Skins have had their share of injuries this season and we were able to overcome due to our schemes and system. Not to mention some key players stepped up when it matters most. That's what makes me worry about Brunell and Portis next week.

Archived