Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Whats the diffrence between the Giants and the Skins?

rdskn4eva

The difference was an opportunistic defense. If it weren't for the Taylor TD and Arrington's INT....

i agree with you completely, but i also think even though our offense struggled a lot (even if it was the #1 defense in the league) they still show emotion and play hard no matter what. Brunell looks a little sluggish sometimes but i believe its more his calm veteran nerve and leadership whereas the giants just put their heads down and accepted defeat......:doh:

']Are you serious? A team doesn't become a fraud because they lose all of their starting LB'ers or because they become injury riddled. They become vulnerable with backups. A lot of the missed tackles today were by Jackson and Lewis who replaced Emmons and Pierce. HUGE difference in talent. But' date=' they were still on the field and should have made tackles.[/quote']

I feel for ya Tom and i agree with that oppinion. However, even though i was rooting for the panthers i was very upset at the giants. It just seemed like the last couple weeks (after the skins beat them) they've been hanging their heads. They barely beat the raiders and they looked like they didnt even wanna be out there today.

I was pissed at eli's effort. I think it would have been a lot better game with the linebackers in there but man...they showed no emotion or urgency at all today. I expect more from a team i thought deserved to be in the playoffs and one that had home-field advantage.

Good luck next year and i hope the skins/giants rivalry continues to become bigger and more important each year.

With all due respect, Tom. The Skins have had their share of injuries this season and we were able to overcome due to our schemes and system. Not to mention some key players stepped up when it matters most. That's what makes me worry about Brunell and Portis next week.[/Quote]

Every team has their share of injuries. The Giants just don't know how to overcome them. Scheme or not, injuries kill the Giants. And I blame it on the front office. I mean, they signed three guys, two of which started who weren't even on NFL rosters the whole year. :doh:

i agree with you completely, but i also think even though our offense struggled a lot (even if it was the #1 defense in the league) they still show emotion and play hard no matter what. Brunell looks a little sluggish sometimes but i believe its more his calm veteran nerve and leadership whereas the giants just put their heads down and accepted defeat......:doh:

Well, on offense... I would say they played mistake free enough not to hurt the defense. Mark Brunell was inaccurate and his mistake ended up not really hurting us in the end. But we won this game in spite of our offense in this game to be sure.

']Every team has their share of injuries. The Giants just don't know how to overcome them. Scheme or not' date=' injuries kill the Giants. And I blame it on the front office. I mean, they signed three guys, two of which started who weren't even on NFL rosters the whole year. :doh:[/quote']

You guys had a favorible schedule. You played the Broncos and Cheifs at home, Raiders end of the yr after they have up. You guys over acheived

Where are those Giants fans claiming when we beat them, you guys are one and done if you even make the playoffs

NFC EAST CHAMPS!!!

they have been smoke and mirrors all yr

Ehh I'd hesitate calling them smoke n mirrors. They did shut us out and a lot of pple on this board were concerned about having to play them again down the road..

Just laid a few eggs and Eli definately not ready for primetime.. they will be strong next year

I wouldn't go so far as to call the Giant's a fraud -- they did beat the Skins into a bloody pulp once this season. Don't forget that. However, I find it interesting that all the commentators and analysts and a lot of people on this board wanted to detract from the Skins because of a "banged-up secondary." Well, I think the Giants' secondary, after losing their two starting corners, are the definition of depleted and we all saw what happened.

There comes a time when you have to look at your QB and say -- man, he's just not that good. That time is now for Giants fans....he may be able to get the job done, but he's nothing extraordinary by any stretch of the imagination. He's just a whiny punk with good pedigree, that's it. 3 picks?? At home?? In the playoffs?? Come on, now. If I were a Giants fan, Phillip Rivers would be looking awfully good right now...

As said, turnovers was the key. The Giants do have a QB that helped them get to the playoffs in thier second year and should get better. Peyton was 0-3 in the playoffs before he started rolling as a QB. Eli was bad, but good this year for where he's at in his career.

With injuries, both teams had them(and ejections Sean), but the Redskins backups were better prepared, especially on D.

So, there you go. Turnovers and backup preperation were the difference between these two teams this weekend.

Please, PLEASE do not try to say our QB made the difference yesterday vs. what Manning did today.

Come on, Nibbs...Brunell was super-smart and fought his guts out!! ;)

Seriously though...Brunell didn't lose the game for us like last time. He held on to the ball, and besides that one poor decision, he played pretty smart. He also kept a couple drives alive with his scrambling "ability." No one can say he was the reason we won, that was obviously the defense. ALL credit goes to the D, in my opinion, and that goes to both teams. Brunell was shut down by an excellent defense, period.

Conversely, Eli made poor decision after poor decision after poor decision. He was picked 3 times and fumbled 2 more, I think. Are you seriously going to tell me he wasn't more detrimental to his team than Brunell was?? I know your Brunell hatred can be blinding at times, but please tell me you don't believe if Sheli and Brunell had switched stats that we'd still have won yesterday...

Come on, Nibbs...Brunell was super-smart and fought his guts out!! ;)

Seriously though...Brunell didn't lose the game for us like last time. He held on to the ball, and besides that one poor decision, he played pretty smart. He also kept a couple drives alive with his scrambling "ability." No one can say he was the reason we won, that was obviously the defense. ALL credit goes to the D, in my opinion, and that goes to both teams. Brunell was shut down by an excellent defense, period.

I'm not saying Manning wasn't 'worse' than Brunell. I'm saying the reason we won in spite of that offensive production was NOT the QBs. If the Giants had forced the same turnovers, scored DIRECTLY on them or put the Giants at the 5, the game for the Giants would be different, I'd imagine, don't you?

I would say that Brunell didn't lose the game, but that pick was only a non-loser because the D rose up. It had nothing to do with it being a 'non-costly' pick. Again, like I said, the difference was the D.

Tampa didn't shut down Brunell, dude, come on. NO ONE throws for 40 yards, even against the best Ds. That's just an excuse. And by the way, Chicago's D is superior (in terms of playmakers and meaningful games this year and carrrying a bad offense.)

And as I've maintained since yesterday, if another guy whose name starts with a P (or hell, if Jason got in there) threw that same pick, the reaction on this board who have collapsed the universe in on itself. Especially throwing for 40 yards in addition to that.

Let's STOP excusing terrible QB play. Just because the Bears won, didn't mean the excused Kyle Orton, did they? No, they benched his ___ didn't they?

And please, Gibbs in terms of THIS GAME coaching, was not the difference either. I don't blame him because he DID call a pass that would have sealed it but Brunell threw the pick rather than loft a ball down the sidelines that would have been complete, but it was Williams and his boys and spec teams (to some extent) that won THIS game.

I can't believe on Terry's awards that neither Gibbs nor Williams were listed as potential choices for their categories.

so if they had linebackers they would of allowed -0 points? they could of won 0 -0?

nah, i think he's simply saying the biggest difference in the teams is how well our linebackers have played compared to theirs. Backup linebackers all the way around will hurt you. But even with all their starters our linebacker core is twice the core theirs could ever hope to be. Our linebackers are one of if not the best group in the league.

I'm not saying Manning wasn't 'worse' than Brunell. I'm saying the reason we won in spite of that offensive production was NOT the QBs. If the Giants had forced the same turnovers, scored DIRECTLY on them or put the Giants at the 5, the game for the Giants would be different, I'd imagine, don't you?

Touche.

I would say that Brunell didn't lose the game, but that pick was only a non-loser because the D rose up. It had nothing to do with it being a 'non-costly' pick. Again, like I said, the difference was the D.

Again, good point. The defense did rise up, but their receiver dropping the ball was the difference on that drive, not the defense. Simms threw an absolutely perfect ball that dude just dropped. I'm not complaining though!! :) Rogers did get his hand in there...excellent play by 'Los.

Tampa didn't shut down Brunell, dude, come on. NO ONE throws for 40 yards, even against the best Ds. That's just an excuse. And by the way, Chicago's D is superior (in terms of playmakers and meaningful games this year and carrrying a bad offense.)

We'll just have to disagree -- I think Tampa's defense shut down our offense superbly...I don't think you give them enough credit. Now whether or not a different QB could have had more passing yards is debatable, but I don't know if it would have made a difference. Also, for the most part the playcalling was run, run, pass...so 80% of the time Brunell dropped back, the defense was expecting it. I was screaming for some 1st down play-action, but alas, none was forthcoming.

And as I've maintained since yesterday, if another guy whose name starts with a P (or hell, if Jason got in there) threw that same pick, the reaction on this board who have collapsed the universe in on itself. Especially throwing for 40 yards in addition to that.

Okay, but that's all objective and has no bearing. PRam wasn't in there, nor was Campbell. Brunell was. I hate that argument because I say "well Pat might have thrown more ints," and then you say "how do you know" and it becomes this big convoluted mess. Let's focus on who was in there, not who might have been in there.

And I was pissed at Brunell when he threw that, make no mistake. It wasn't like I was saying, its okay Brunell, I don't mind that you gave them the ball on our 35 yard line when we only have a 7 point lead...its all good. I was pissed, as I'm sure everyone was. And as the commentators said, he broke the cardinal rule of quarterbacking -- never throw it back into the middle of the field. That's ABC stuff.

Let's STOP excusing terrible QB play. Just because the Bears won, didn't mean the excused Kyle Orton, did they? No, they benched his ___ didn't they?

I'm not trying to excuse Brunell's play...I'm trying to point out the positives. You have to admit, the chances he was given were few and far between. But he did eff up a sure touchdown with a poor pass...albeit under pressure.

And please, Gibbs in terms of THIS GAME coaching, was not the difference either. I don't blame him because he DID call a pass that would have sealed it but Brunell threw the pick rather than loft a ball down the sidelines that would have been complete, but it was Williams and his boys and spec teams (to some extent) that won THIS game.

I can't believe on Terry's awards that neither Gibbs nor Williams were listed as potential choices for their categories.

Williams should be given the keys to the city of Tampa for that performance. His defense simply dominated them!!!

Worth repeating a hundres times :applause:

How many other JG faithful are going to give him credit for a win only G.Williams rightfully deserves. There isnt a coach in the NFL..asst. even..that could have lost that game in JG's situation. Hence, the NFL record thing.

People who are whining right now about how we won agianst the Bucs are a hoot. :laugh:

Did you mothers not nurse you when you were infants? :doh:

How about enjoy being 1-0 in the playoffs right now after going 6-10 last year. :rolleyes:

Archived