Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

VIDEO: The Phantom Spit, if Anyone if Interested in looking

skin_finatic

:gaintsuckPersonally, I think Gruden had that incident set up to get ST off the field. He was a pain in the Buc's butt all day. Who better to use than Pittman who, if also ejected, wouldn't have been missed anyway. Anyway WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO.:point2sky

That's a good point, and Gruden is the type of guy to do something like that. The Boston Celtics of the 80's used to do that. They would send in a scrub player like Greg Kite to start up a fight and get one of the other teams players out of the game, and they would always do it in the damn playoffs, especially in the Finals.

ST didn't spit on him period. We've all seen someone get spit on TV it's hard to miss. Only thing I can think of is it accidentally happened while he was yelling, Again I didn't see any white stuff and I know my first reactions would have been to wipe it off. Dude didn't even act like he'd been spit on that's bull

So bubba, basically you are saying that Pittman is wrong and should be flagged for throwing a punch after being spat on?

BTW, I didn't see a butt. I saw two players getting into each others face, facemask to facemask jawing back and forth. I love the kid to bubba, but don't invent excuses for him. He's a big boy and can take care of himself.

Flexx you don't get it. No matter what. Retaliation or not. You throw a punch, you're gone. Period. No discussion. No debate. That's the rule. The alleged spit doesn't,no that's not right, CAN'T enter into the call. Pittman should have been gone, end of story.

This is difficult. Taylor looked like his head went in an upward motion (wich could have been the spit) right before Pittman puched him. I didn't see any spit, but I also wasn't down on the feild like that ref was standing next between them.

IF taylor did spit, then he should have been flagged. Getting kicked out, however was a bit extreme. Also Pittman should have been flagged for throwing a punch.

All 3 of them were in the wrong.

And I am seriously disapointed in Sean Taylor. He needs to grow up real soon. One of only 2 rules Joe Gibbs has is Don't embarriss the Redskins. He just embarrissed the Redskins with a spit.

This is difficult. Taylor looked like his head went in an upward motion (wich could have been the spit) right before Pittman puched him. I didn't see any spit, but I also wasn't down on the feild like that ref was standing next between them.

IF taylor did spit, then he should have been flagged. Getting kicked out, however was a bit extreme. Also Pittman should have been flagged for throwing a punch.

All 3 of them were in the wrong.

And I am seriously disapointed in Sean Taylor. He needs to grow up real soon. One of only 2 rules Joe Gibbs has is Don't embarriss the Redskins. He just embarrissed the Redskins with a spit.

I don't get it. First you say that you aren't sure if Sean spat on the Pittman. Then you say you are seriously disappointed in him. What's up with that? If he didn't spit, which he didn't, then what did he do wrong?

A question: Is it spit or spat?

Nothing better than telling a bold faced lie and people giving it credence. ST never spit on Pittman, and he never spit on TJ Houzmanwhathisname (I can't spell). I remember that incident because a lot of people were callin Taylor a criminal and stuff, and then upon further review the NFL said that Taylor did not spit on anyone (and I think they STILL fined him). No Redskin fan should be torn about this; TAYLOR DID NOT SPIT ON PITTMAN. TAYLOR DOES NOT HAVE A HISTORY OF SPITTING, PITTMAN OR THE REF LIED. We gotta have ST's back, the players were not allowed to, and ESPN was lambasting him for the incident (even though he did not even do anything). This is irrespective of whether Pittman is a wifebeater or not, people are already covering that topic. Taylor never spit on Pittman, do not forget that.

Either way' date=' as much as I like the dude, if Taylor spit in pittman's face... I think the ref made the right call as far as taylor is concerned.[/quote']

you know what.......i thought the same thing.....

but now, if u look at, number one IF he did spit on him, it was not much at all, maybe a little extra slavea in his words but nothing like a huge cough up of a lougee......and that wife beater wacked him in the head.......

at first i was all like taylor is way wrong for spitting, but u know what this is the nfl, worse stuff go on every other play in the middle of pile-ons.......whatever, I am over it, no matter if he did it or not......pittman beats women.......

u will never catch me feeling sorry for a wife beater, those people are pure cowards and should be hung

So bubba, basically you are saying that Pittman is wrong and should be flagged for throwing a punch after being spat on?

BTW, I didn't see a butt. I saw two players getting into each others face, facemask to facemask jawing back and forth. I love the kid to bubba, but don't invent excuses for him. He's a big boy and can take care of himself.

i did see a little bit of a butt :2cents:

Flexx you don't get it. No matter what. Retaliation or not. You throw a punch, you're gone. Period. No discussion. No debate. That's the rule. The alleged spit doesn't,no that's not right, CAN'T enter into the call. Pittman should have been gone, end of story.
Then let me pose this question to you (even though I understand what you are saying); would we, as Redskins fans, have been upset if it were the other way around and Pittman had spat on Taylor, Taylor throws a punch and both are ejected? Don't you believe that we as fans would feel that Taylor would have been justified in punching Pittman and therefore should be cleared of any wrong doing?

This was a good crew that refereed the game. I didnt see them miss a call. Now I didnt see spit come from ST, but the head ref wouldnt eject Taylor soley on the testimony of one bucs player without seeing it personally. Taylor had no comment after the game. Why????? I think we all know why......

He has to keep his head in these games because we need him.

Yes... First I don't know if Taylor spit or not, nothing can be seen from the video.

second, as they are "jawing" watch Pittman's head but forward into Taylors... which is probably what provoked Taylor "IF" he did spit. And no matter what the actions of the first party are, it doesn't allow the second to get away with an action that is illegal.

I don't have to make anything up, watch the clip again.

I am not condoning Taylor's action in anyway if he did spit.. I agree with what Coach Gibbs said... but in the NFL if you retaliate, you get flagged as well.

getting an ejection for spitting is a dumb rule, when you allow players that head shot, knee shot, punch, swing helmets etc.... stay in the game after the penalty.

"The league conducted an investigation but did not find conclusive evidence of any infraction and the matter was dropped. "Sean Taylor will not be fined," NFL spokesman Michael Signora said on Nov. 18, 2004. "There was no video evidence to support a fine."

From the Post link posted by GPREP HOG.

Unless they've got some video I haven't seen, looks like this one will go the same way.

I just want to know what really happened. This needs to be investigated like a homicide. If he is not guilty then shame on the refs, and this becomes the worst call in the history of North American sports. If he is guilty, then Gibbs very well may sit him next week. Character means everything to Gibbs.

if....i mean if he did it.....Gibbs should sespend him next game and he should apologize to his team, the fans, the bucs, and the officials...I love the skins too much to see this sort of childish behavior. The heat of the moment can cause mistakes but own up to them Sean if you are guility.....

....However if you are not guility...say it loud and say it proud....Defend yourself against the BS!

couple of side points...anyone who has ever played football will tell you that, while it can be done, spitting three feet with certain, certain mouthpieces in is difficult, though not impossible to do.

1. What kind of mouth piece does ST have?

2. was it in during the phantom spit?

3. I saw nothing on repeated watchings of TiVo that looked like a diliberate spitting......Was there a second spitter on the grassy knoll?

Archived