Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

VIDEO: The Phantom Spit, if Anyone if Interested in looking

skin_finatic

Sean has that reputation since being accused by the Bengals last season. I couldn't see it, but that doesn't mean he didn't do it. I'm pissed that Pitman was not ejected for throwing the punch. Unlike spitting, the rules are clear-cut when it comes to throwing punches (immediate ejection). There's not a game that goes by where the officials don't make me scratch my head.

I'm a firm believer that if he did spit he should have been ejected, HOWEVER... Human nature would dictate that if someone spit in your face or on you YOU WOULD WIPE IT OFF. Pittman did not. :helmet:

Anyway, this sure was a fun trip, especially seeing all those Tampa fans leaving dejected after so much smack talk. :laugh:

On to Disney World, wearing my Cooley jersey!!!!

How do you complain about officials how can they be allowed to keep thier jobs seriously . This is a playoff game and could have been a pivitol call . If there was any doubt at all and there is then you call unsportsman conduct ... on both players . The slap/punch is a automatic ejection but again I would have been happy if it had been called as unsportsman and had offestting penalties . Again benifit of the doubt

Those saying Taylor is obviously guilty because he didn't fight back i have to say huh ? your not guilty becuase you do retaliate that makes no sence . Taylor know if he gets in a fight he is out of the game. As it turns out he is out of the game and finned for apparently doing nothing .

Refs need to be made examples of and this coupled with the two blown calls at the week ten game really has to be looked at . He may be one of the best officials in the game but it is still a very bad call .

Pittman should have been penalized for hitting Taylor. But, the bottom line is that Taylor had no business being in Pittman's face in the first place. I know I'll probably anger a LOT of Taylor fans here for saying that. The play was over. GET OFF THE FREAKIN' FIELD! There was no need for him to go over there and talk smack to Pittman! NONE! Even if he didn't spit on him, Taylor put himself in that situation by yappin' unnecessarily and it almost cost us the game!

YOU CAN SEE THE SPIT. Watch him jerk his head right before he hit him, the spit flies to the brim of the helmet. He spit.

People should take notice of your post so that's only why I'm quoting it.

What gets me is how all of us on this board are acting like we can see what (suposable didn't) happen when we weren't even there on the field. The Ref was standing right there in between them, and the camera angle was clearly behind Sean so you couldn't even see his face. Plus it was from several hundred feet away. To the naked eye from that distance, you couldn't see the saliva unless you had extremely really sharp vision.

I still don't understand why Pittman wasn't also flagged though.

They show a closer view, is there anyway you can get that? I think it's after they found out he was ejected for spitting.

I remember, I went right up against my tv screen and you can see Pittman's eyes squeek as if something flew in his eyes right before he swung. They will call it a justifiable punch.

Looks to me like he spit right before Pittman hit him. You can see Sean's head jerk just a little before Pittman swings.

exactly ...

I watched the game on a HD projector that had a screen size of about 10 feet by like 6 feet ... (it was huge) and we all thought spit fly out at that moment when ST's head jerked and Pittman threw the slap ...

It was obvious to me that the referee (not a POS zebra as one moron called him) was about five feet away from Taylor. From five feet away I have a feeling that he was able to determine if someone spit in another players face. Taylor did not complain or react when he was ejected and the most telling part was when he was almost completely ignored by his teamates. He is a thug and will always be one. The question is whether the Redskins can keep him under control so he doesn't embarras the team again.

Until I see a closeup .. maybe from NFL Films or something .. I'm not convinced that a "spit" wasn't possibly acidentally from just yelling at Pittman.

Having said that, Taylor needs to grow up and learn to walk away. He hurt the team, and there were a number of times after that we could have used him. If he was in the game, that Bucs "incomplete pass" in the endzone might have been knocked away. Had the ref made that a "complete pass" we could have been in big trouble!

He sure could use Salave'a as an example. Last week, the Egals player hit him and he didn't retaliate. He was the bigger man, and the call appropriately went against the Egals. Had he retaliated, he would have received an offsetting penalty.

Sean needs to learn to just walk away!

if u look at ST's mouth he's saying "he touched me" or something along those lines....ugh.....i really think it was just spit coming from his mouth for screaming...i mean when ur jawing with someone i'm sure spit comes out naturally

This is what I was thinking along the lines of Bill Cower...Anyone give him penalties or eject him when he spits as he is yelling at the players like thirty times a game????

The body language suggests that any kind of spittle was an accident.

Because if you purposely spit in someone's face, you will take a defensive stand ready for anything.

But ST didn't even move his hands or feet in a defensive matter.

Also when you spit, you almost always move your head forward, which that didn't happen.

And that wussy slap was a punk thing to do when you see that the ref was stepping in.

That slap was like a little scared punk who hits the other person, when a teacher or parent is standing there.

They know the authority figure will save them.

When I was trash talking last night, I noticed several times I kept spitting little pieces out of my mouth. And I think that's what happened.

And that little wuss slap suggested as much.

When I am really pissed and say "F You!" to someone, my head jerks back just the same as Taylor's did. If he was saying something like that and a little spittle came out, then that whole call is BS. Regardless, Pittman should have had a penalty thrown against him and ejected from the game. And if Taylor did do it, then I don't think you should cost the team a penalty like that, though back in the day, Football was a lot more hardcore. Guys hitting guys on the bottom of the pile, etc.

Oh from that article posted....Said Pittman: "You just don't do that. It's not sportsmanlike. As a human being, it's something you never do." - Well that's just priceless. I think beating your wife is something, as a human being, you shouldn't do either.

I'm not sure whether or not Taylor spit. The Video is hardly conclusive one way or the other...but I'm SURE of this.

That referee did NOT SEE Taylor spit in Pittman's face, but he couldn't have missed Pittman punch Taylor. In my opinion, if he didn't see Taylor spit, even if he Taylor did spit, and took Pittman's word for it only...especially after watching Pittman strike Taylor, bad call.

I've watched the recording I have of the game countless times, I still can't see any spit. I've watched the video posted in this thread and that doesn't clarify the incident either.

Regarding Pittman moving his hand up to his chin, I think that's just an involuntary reaction on his part. When he threw the punch, the refs arm was knocked into his chin -- in the exact spot he touches.

Right now I have to believe Taylor and think that any spit was just "spray" from an overly heated argument on the field. These guys were working their tails off and sweating up a storm. I'm sure that mixed with a little saliva would end up flying out from a face mask during an exchange like this -- especially when the two were so close together.

What gets me is how all of us on this board are acting like we can see what (suposable didn't) happen when we weren't even there on the field. The Ref was standing right there in between them, and the camera angle was clearly behind Sean so you couldn't even see his face. Plus it was from several hundred feet away. To the naked eye from that distance, you couldn't see the saliva unless you had extremely really sharp vision.

I still don't understand why Pittman wasn't also flagged though.

The ref was not between them.He ran between them after Pittman punched Taylor.Bottom line is if Taylor spat there should have been offsetting penalties.If something like this happened, for example in a grocery store or other public venue,who would be found guilty in a court of law if it went to trial?Would the person who spat on someone or the one who physically assaulted the other be found guilty of assault?I am pretty sure that the person throwing the punch would be the one paying the fine or doing time.Taylor,if he did spit was wrong and should suffer the consequences.I hope he didn't do it.

Archived