Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

VIDEO: The Phantom Spit, if Anyone if Interested in looking

skin_finatic

Sean has that reputation since being accused by the Bengals last season. I couldn't see it, but that doesn't mean he didn't do it. I'm pissed that Pitman was not ejected for throwing the punch. Unlike spitting, the rules are clear-cut when it comes to throwing punches (immediate ejection). There's not a game that goes by where the officials don't make me scratch my head.

Sean has that reputation since being accused by the Bengals last season. I couldn't see it, but that doesn't mean he didn't do it. I'm pissed that Pitman was not ejected for throwing the punch. Unlike spitting, the rules are clear-cut when it comes to throwing punches (immediate ejection). There's not a game that goes by where the officials don't make me scratch my head.

pittman didn't even receive a penalty, thats what really shocked me

if u look at ST's mouth he's saying "he touched me" or something along those lines....ugh.....i really think it was just spit coming from his mouth for screaming...i mean when ur jawing with someone i'm sure spit comes out naturally

Either way' date=' as much as I like the dude, if Taylor spit in pittman's face... I think the ref made the right call as far as taylor is concerned.[/quote']

Ok, & what about Pittman who threw the punch (something his wife would tell you he's used to doing).

Here's what I can get from the video:

-It is impossible to see any actual spit or any obvious motion from Taylor as if he was spitting. Pittman also did not seem to have an immediate reaction as if he had just been spit on. It is really tough to know for sure though

-Pittman did seem to reach his hand up into his face mask a few seconds after hitting Taylor which could be him wiping off the spit. It could just as easily be scratching though.

-The thing that really concerns me is the official's reaction. He seems to walk close to them just as Pittman hits Taylor. Pittman then points at Taylor apparently saying that he spit on him. The ref immediately throws the flag as if he is taking his word and did not see it.

You can see his head move back right before Pittman hits his helmet and the ref is looking right at him when it happens.

I think my first reaction if someone spit at me would be to do what Pittman did but I'm not sure in a playoff game. Maybe, if it happened, both of them should have been ejected but you can't see anything in that video.

-Pittman did seem to reach his hand up into his face mask a few seconds after hitting Taylor which could be him wiping off the spit. It could just as easily be scratching though.

when did u see that? it looked like his arm was pushed against his head by the ref to try to separate them than reaching inside his face mask

Damn, I'm sure if ST would have known he was going to get ejected, He would have knocked his ass out. Like CP knocked out that LB. :laugh: Did yall see that shot CP laid on that LB? :D Thats 1 tough dude.

BTW- Thanks for the early Video skinsfinatic. I cant wait to see the highlights. You wont have to worry about an offensive highlight package :(

when did u see that? it looked like his arm was pushed against his head by the ref to try to separate them than reaching inside his face mask

It's after the two were seperated, just before the flag goes up into the air. Maybe it's just me, but if someone spit on me, I would have wiped it off a lot sooner than that. Again, it's tough to tell exactly what that means.

Whenever ST is jawing with someone, his head always bobs up and down once in awhile...

Yeah, the head movement means nothing. He looks like he's nodding his head as he's talking to someone. That's not even the way people normally move their heads when the spit. Maybe it was inadvertant, or maybe it didn't happen at all. Who knows.

Archived