Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To Lavar Arrington

AlmightySkins!

Dear Lavar,

I have been reading about you and hearing about you all over the place these days and all for the wrong reasons. UnWise Mike of the Washington Post almost madde me feel sorry for you... Almost. And some of your statements almost make me feel sorry for you.. Almost.

Here's the thing Lavar. There is only one and only one reason you are in the spot you are in now. And that of course is YOU. You don't play your assignments, you are not a team player. What do you expect. Freelancing, it might have it's place in some schemes.. SOME. Actually, probably very few. You have had two super defensive coordinators now tell you the same thing.. play your role (Marvin and Greg). Haven't you learned?

And now, when the fans turn on you (and they will). Remember this. I know you think you that it is important to be more than a football player. But, we the fans root for Lavar the 'Football player' FIRST, Lavar the 'Person' second. What do you expect.. we don't actually knnow you, we only watch you play.. so when you don't play well, when you don't help the team.. then .. what do you expect.

You are lucky Lavar. You will make 100x more than most of us average fans will make in our LIVES. Hearing you quibble over little contract disputes and how you don't fit the system.. it makes you seem - what you are .. Ungrateful!!

Please Lavar, shut up ..Be a good skin'. Do your job and stay with the team until you retire.

Your Fan,

Almightyskins!

Arrington's fate in Washington was sealed when the continued backbiting on the $6.5 million bonus issue lead to the revised deal and roster bonus for 2006. That just about guarantees with a cap figure of $12 million that the Skins will in fact release Arrington before the date that bonus is due.

Looking realistically at where Arrington is in his career he is near a crossroads that I don't think it would be in the best interests of the Skins to invest in.

This is a player that has always depended upon his physical ability and downplayed the other parts of being a professional - showing up for the offseason program, doing the film work and dedicating himself to becoming a student of the game, doing what is asked of him in the defense as run and learning that defense as well as Antonio Pierce or Lemar Marshall did.

I don't see things changing for Arrington right now at 27. He is convinced he is a victim and somehow with $16 million in his pocket from the Skins feels he has been wronged by all.

If the Redskins could move on after the departures of Champ Bailey and Stephen Davis, players that delivered more over time to the team, the Redskins can survive the departure of the biggest ego in the locker room.

Luckily for the Redskins outside linebacker is a position where there is usually a fairly deep pool of talent to draw from in the offseason free agent market.

Marcus Washington is the star among the linebacking corps here and is in the prime of his career.

You won't see the Redskins pay another linebacker more than Washington in 2006.

Where the Skins need to invest draft picks and major free agent dollars (when and if available) is at DE.

A stronger edge rush is what will take this defense to the next level.

We are fine at DT, SLB, MLB, CB and S.

If I hear one more FREELANCING arguement I'm going to puke. None of you were ****ing about Lavar's play, pre injury,when he was annihilating QB's. Now that all the ANALysts have jumped on the freelancing bandwagon so goes the mood of the fans. Frankly the Joe Paterno, Marvin Lewis, and trotter excuse is getting pretty damn old.

Freelancing is what made him so coveted and loved by the league and fans alike. Now because he's odd man out most of you talk about it like it's some infectious disease that the team must rid itself of. The disease he has is diarreah of the mouth not freelancing, please find another reason to bash him, this ones played out.

Wow This Is Ridicolous, Lavar Keep Doing What U Do Son Son. We Got Alot Of Fickle Fans Here Like You Owe Them. I Wish You Well

FINALLY another fan who dosnt turn his back on a player after a out of contenxt story in a news paper that this board really dosnt even really like anyway

point blank

LaVar said: that he might retire if the redskins cut him

what does that tell you?

hmm i think that means he wants to stay a redskin for the duration of his career i dont know about some of you fans but i stick by the players on my team until they really mess up like TO did and nobody on the redskins has done that

if he wanted to retire as a Skins he wouldn't have forced the team to add in the 2006 roster bonus that would all but close off our flexibility to make any other moves in free agency.

again, LaVar is interested only in himself. to believe otherwise is simply wishful thinking.

LaVar had issues seemingly every year about how he is being treated, used on the field, respected off it by the organization, etc.............

It is a soap opera without end.

As far as turning on a player, I have been dubious of Arrington for some time. I have never doubted his talent and his penchant for making the big play.

What I have questioned is his approach to the game, his consistency and whether his dependence on his physical ability alone all point to a shorter career in the NFL........

You look around at the veteran linebackers that remain productive into their 30's and they invariably turn out to be the smart players that are credited by teammates and coaches as being guys that not only make the plays but know the defense as well as the coaches, etc.

at some point your body slows down and you lose some speed and quickness. hopefully, you make up for that in mastering the nuances of the game, knowing what plays certain teams run, what the strengths/weaknesses of the opposing qbs are, and how to get into position to anticipate and continue to make plays.

if he wanted to retire as a Skins he wouldn't have forced the team to add in the 2006 roster bonus that would all but close off our flexibility to make any other moves in free agency.

again, LaVar is interested only in himself. to believe otherwise is simply wishful thinking.

LaVar had issues seemingly every year about how he is being treated, used on the field, respected off it by the organization, etc.............

It is a soap opera without end.

As far as turning on a player, I have been dubious of Arrington for some time. I have never doubted his talent and his penchant for making the big play.

What I have questioned is his approach to the game, his consistency and whether his dependence on his physical ability alone all point to a shorter career in the NFL........

You look around at the veteran linebackers that remain productive into their 30's and they invariably turn out to be the smart players that are credited by teammates and coaches as being guys that not only make the plays but know the defense as well as the coaches, etc.

at some point your body slows down and you lose some speed and quickness. hopefully, you make up for that in mastering the nuances of the game, knowing what plays certain teams run, what the strengths/weaknesses of the opposing qbs are, and how to get into position to anticipate and continue to make plays.

Couldn't have said it better than that. We our finally turning this program around here and players need to be aware of that. Winning teams don't need premadonnas. Just players with heart.

MAN. It is almost taboo to talk bad about a guy my grandmother could block on a rush. I was one of the biggest LA fans for a while, but we were all going throuh football games with blinders on, ignoring the fact that a little running back could block him out of a play in a second, and that overpursuing thing. DAG GONIT MAN! I've had it ! Get some place!

If I hear one more FREELANCING arguement I'm going to puke. None of you were ****ing about Lavar's play, pre injury,when he was annihilating QB's. Now that all the ANALysts have jumped on the freelancing bandwagon so goes the mood of the fans. Frankly the Joe Paterno, Marvin Lewis, and trotter excuse is getting pretty damn old.

Freelancing is what made him so coveted and loved by the league and fans alike. Now because he's odd man out most of you talk about it like it's some infectious disease that the team must rid itself of. The disease he has is diarreah of the mouth not freelancing, please find another reason to bash him, this ones played out.

Right, I forgot, it's just that every coach he's ever had trys to ruin his reputation out of spite. Seriously, the only coach he's had who hasn't complained about his lack of discipline was Spurrier's college coordinator. What's getting old is that coaches have been telling him the same thing for 10 freakin years and it's still the same old problem again and again.

Right, I forgot, it's just that every coach he's ever had trys to ruin his reputation out of spite. Seriously, the only coach he's had who hasn't complained about his lack of discipline was Spurrier's college coordinator. What's getting old is that coaches have been telling him the same thing for 10 freakin years and it's still the same old problem again and again.

Freelancing is his game, that's the way this guy gets down, always has been always will be. That's why he was drafted as high as he was. Freelancing is high risk high reward. If he makes the play he's a hero, if he misses it, he's the goat.

That's all I'm saying. He didn't start playing this way over night. It's just a played out excuse. We used to embrace his freelancing when we had nothing else to cheer about during losing seasons. He was our only bright spot. Now that our team is playing well his services are no longer needed. It's :pooh: but hey I guess it's a reality we as fans will have to except.

Man, we have some wishy washy fans here in Washington!

Its like, all the media needs to do is post a story with a negative tone and out come the preachers and orators to talk about how bad a given situation is.

...Remember how much yal loved L. Coles? Now his name is despised.

...Remember Sean Taylor? Everyone was calling him the antichrist

...Remember Mark Brunell? We COULDN'T have a thread about him this offseason without almost everybody talking about his career is over.

...Shoot, we can go back to earlier in the season when Lavar was first benched. Everybody was starting a thread about how much they loved Lavar.

...Then Lavar went on the John Thompson show (which he's been doing for like 2 years now, a contractual obligation) and everybody got mad at him

...Then he started to play and out came the WE LOVE LAVAR threads!

Its like yal wishy washy fans are just changing your mind with the wind. And all we need is another story in the Post to have everybody hating M. Washington.

Lavar is a Redskin! Whatever happens this offseason is going to happen this offseason. But Lavar has said repeatedly that he loves being a Redskin. I mean, even in the interview he said that he wouldn't play anywhere else. THATS SOME LOYALTY!

And I know that the immediate response is, well if he wants to be a Redskin, then he should Renegotiate or give some money back. How often do you take pay cuts to keep your job? I mean, if Lavar leaves because of money issues. thats strictly business. Let the businessmen handle the business. THE JOB OF A FAN IS TO ENJOY THEIR TEAM!

Are you gonna not cheer when Lavar gets a tackle?

Are you gonna wish that they scored a TD instead?

Do you wish we play a dead body, or Warrick Holdman instead?

Its like yal are little pawns and the local writers are just positioning you to lead the fight so they can get a promotion. And yal are falling for it; thinking its being 'critical' of your team? It just saddens me.

We used to embrace his freelancing when we had nothing else to cheer about during losing seasons. He was our only bright spot. Now that our team is playing well his services are no longer needed. It's :pooh: but hey I guess it's a reality we as fans will have to except.

When your probably going to lose anyway then I guess taking risks can help but this guy could end up being the wrong kind of difference in a close game, and we've lost a few of those this year anyway.

"Arrington's fate in Washington was sealed when the continued backbiting on the $6.5 million bonus issue lead to the revised deal and roster bonus for 2006. That just about guarantees with a cap figure of $12 million that the Skins will in fact release Arrington before the date that bonus is due.

Looking realistically at where Arrington is in his career he is near a crossroads that I don't think it would be in the best interests of the Skins to invest in.

This is a player that has always depended upon his physical ability and downplayed the other parts of being a professional - showing up for the offseason program, doing the film work and dedicating himself to becoming a student of the game, doing what is asked of him in the defense as run and learning that defense as well as Antonio Pierce or Lemar Marshall did.

I don't see things changing for Arrington right now at 27. He is convinced he is a victim and somehow with $16 million in his pocket from the Skins feels he has been wronged by all.

If the Redskins could move on after the departures of Champ Bailey and Stephen Davis, players that delivered more over time to the team, the Redskins can survive the departure of the biggest ego in the locker room.

Luckily for the Redskins outside linebacker is a position where there is usually a fairly deep pool of talent to draw from in the offseason free agent market.

Marcus Washington is the star among the linebacking corps here and is in the prime of his career.

You won't see the Redskins pay another linebacker more than Washington in 2006.

Where the Skins need to invest draft picks and major free agent dollars (when and if available) is at DE.

A stronger edge rush is what will take this defense to the next level.

We are fine at DT, SLB, MLB, CB and S."

what a crock. you don't know what he does during the off-season.

btw....bulldog....how much scrtch do you make? I'ld like to open up a public discussion on whether you really bring value to whomever you work for that approaches what you are paid. please, please....give us some tidbits on your annual personal review. we should put this to a public, if uninformed, debate: is Bulldog worth what he is paid? would someone please start a poll on this? very few of us may actually be experts in your field or privy to the inner details of your business....much less who you really are.......but what the heck....you have posted enough on Extremeskins that we can all rest confident in the notion that we know who you are as a man; how you think; what makes you tick; whether you performed according to expectations; whether you truly are a teamplayer at work; whether your potential warrants what you are paid; whether you are held accountable for your inevitable screw-ups.....and that we have the right....no duty.......to judge what you are worth and how much you should really be earning!

how can we get in touch to work out the details? would you please post your W-2 when you get it, and personal reviews/tax returns and employer POCs? Perhaps some cutomer references? any products you are personally responsible for that no one else contributed to that we can subject to scruitny would be helpful. we're just here to help BD. We're a bit miffed at some of your actions lately and feel obligated to assess your true value.

whoops...I forgot. you're entitled to privacy but others are on a case specific basis. my bad. your values and needs should always outweigh those of the dumb athlete who is just the hired help!

LA is a redskin through and through. during this whole mess of him being benched he has been quiet in the media making sure not to badmouth his coaching staff or teammates (reference his espn interview with michael irvin, irvin was trying to get him to be controversial and LA was nothing but classy). this one story got published in the times and if anyone took the time to read it, his whole point was that he loved the redskins and us the fans. he loves this city and he's one of the best LBs in the entire league when he's healthy (granted he hasnt been for a year). support the rare player who openly expresses his desire to play for a single team his whole career, and be thankful that it's the redskins because i know every last one of you naysayers will be scared to death when he lines up next to trotter for the iggles.:logo:

"When your probably going to lose anyway then I guess taking risks can help but this guy could end up being the wrong kind of difference in a close game, and we've lost a few of those this year anyway."

and in how many of those close losses was LA accountable? seems to me there is a double standard in play here.

• 2 years later...

Archived