Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins not all that popular among Canadians....

Die Hard

NOW That's NOT true!!!!

They do fine in the beer department!! :cheers:

to each his own but you wont find me drinking any labatts blue at the tailgate or any moosehead either. id rather drink the PBR than any of that sour crap.

however, ill make you a deal. if/when the Skins beat the iggles i will buy and drink a sixer of whatever canadian brew you suggest to demonstrate my love for the team.

Although the Bills are the most popular team in Ontario.. The Ontario channel that simulcasts the games does do a fair bit of Washington games, so I imagine that do get a decent viewership. I never really got the whole Miami thing, but there is a load of Dolphin fans around here as well.

hey don't clump us all together, I'm from Canada and liked the skins since I was 11.

Most ppl here like

1) Buffalo - cuz they are close to us, and Doug Flutie who was a CFL God played there

2) Minnesota - yuck- cuz they are close to us

3) Green Bay - cuz they are kinda close, and I think we relate with the frozen tundra

So how do you judge european nfl fans then? Particularly UK ones, the closest we ever got to a real NFL team was the London Monarchs, does anyone even remember them? I thought not.

Ok so we have NFL europe, and whoopee doo. Sorry but its just not the same as a proper NFL team.

The glory supporting thing i can completely understand, theres a whole army of Manchester United (Soccer team to you guys - Malcolm Glazer now owns them) fans here in the UK who've never actually been to Old Trafford (their stadium) and basically jumped on the bandwagon in the late 90s when they experienced some of the greatest success in English FA history.

I think the difference for the Canadians is geographically which tv stations show which games etc. It makes sense to show teams just south of the border on Canadian TV as its more relevant i guess.

Over here in ol Blighty we pretty much get stuck with whatever Sky Sports decide to throw on the tv tbh, its pot luck as to which game you get to see each week. You guys should count yourselves lucky that you get to see your favourite sport either on tv or indeed in person in the stands, hotdog in hand.

For those of us on the other side of the Atlantic, listening to the radio and staring blankly at nfl.com or foxsports.com is about the best that we get to do most of the time.

I dont think it matters what country your passport says you belong to however as long as you bleed burgundy and gold.

to each his own but you wont find me drinking any labatts blue at the tailgate or any moosehead either. id rather drink the PBR than any of that sour crap.

however, ill make you a deal. if/when the Skins beat the iggles i will buy and drink a sixer of whatever canadian brew you suggest to demonstrate my love for the team.

That's cool, as long as I don't have to get near a PBR :laugh:. When/if the Skins win, I suggest you try a Molsons Golden. :cheers:

That's cool, as long as I don't have to get near a PBR :laugh:. When/if the Skins win, I suggest you try a Molsons Golden. :cheers:

not a fan of the molsons but it is better than the labatts. FYI...im not crazy or a redneck...because im not a fan of the PBR either. that was just the best way to illustrate my point.

but, the moment the final seconds tick off the clock and the Skins have won im heading over the my local.....supermarket (was going to type the actual name but for those of us in the DC area it is easy to see why that could have been a jinx) to pick up the canadian brew. im sure it will never have or will tast so good.

GO SKINS

It does not really bother me. I have lived all over the US and found out that the Redskins are not very popular out side of our fan base. Even when we were in out Glory Days we were not very popular and it does not bother me at all. I would rather have our hard core fan base that stick with us through thing and thin then a bunch of bandwagon jumpers that will be fans when we are doing good but no where in site during the down times.

not a fan of the molsons but it is better than the labatts. FYI...im not crazy or a redneck...because im not a fan of the PBR either. that was just the best way to illustrate my point.

but, the moment the final seconds tick off the clock and the Skins have won im heading over the my local.....supermarket (was going to type the actual name but for those of us in the DC area it is easy to see why that could have been a jinx) to pick up the canadian brew. im sure it will never have or will tast so good.

GO SKINS

:laugh: :laugh: It wouldn't have the initials WD would it?

• 2 years later...
Skins aren't popular in Dallas either, your point? :D
Couldn't get the link to work :(
no offense Die Hard, but it's ****ing Canada, since when did anyone care what they think?

last time I checked this is American football

Yawn.....such a non issue.....I wonder how much belly-aching will be going on around here 1 week from today....

Threadbumpwn3d!

i am canadian and a huge redskins fan, i am also a maritimer (we consider ourselves maritimers first and candians second, not sure if their is an equivalent in america ( maybe texas? our area has always been huge fans of north eastern teams fav baseball team in maritimes is red sox, basket ball celtics, football pats, and so on it has always been like this and is not related to pats recent sucess

I was in Nova Scotia this past weekend. Great spot...love Halifax. I also live on the East Coast and unfortunately hang out with all Patriot fans. We all went to that 52-7 debacle in New England last year...what a horrible experience to sit through. I hate New England more than the Yankees....I just depise the Patriots

And you think the people out here are NE bandwagoners, you should see the Red Sox bandwagoners! Unbelievable...I just love saying "name 3 players".

Archived