Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins not all that popular among Canadians....

Die Hard

hey don't clump us all together, I'm from Canada and liked the skins since I was 11.

Most ppl here like

1) Buffalo - cuz they are close to us, and Doug Flutie who was a CFL God played there

2) Minnesota - yuck- cuz they are close to us

3) Green Bay - cuz they are kinda close, and I think we relate with the frozen tundra

No Detroit? They're closer than any other team, aren't they?

zoony,

I've got a friend whose now a big Redskins fan. When she was little, her Dad (Giants fan) decided to off-load some of his research into conference opposition to his kids. He assigned each kid an NFC-East team they had to report on every Saturday. I guess this is a way of teaching your kids statistics and maybe personnel management and spending "quality time" with them while you get to pursue your favorite pastime, but it does risk turning kids into fans of other teams.

The Canadians I know from some golf tournaments I played with them, were all party animals and were generally received well here. Despite their penchant for jumping in 70 degree water, I never found anything about them to dislike.

Most of America aren't Skins fans either. The ones who are are the best people in the world. I'll say the same about the Canuck's, eh?

Cmon guys I live in Montreal and its true there are not lots of redskins fans. BUT I BLEED GOLD AND BURGUNDY:eaglesuck:gaintsuck:dallasuck

People ask why do you love the Skins you arent even in Washington? First I say R.I.P ST. They go like :finger:

and I go :redpunch:

canadians hate us because we cut their star player, that Lumsden guy? what ever.

canadians dont play football vs americans cause we would wreck them, get there, all time pro team vs the texans see who can play ball.

canadians hate us because we cut their star player, that Lumsden guy? what ever.

canadians dont play football vs americans cause we would wreck them, get there, all time pro team vs the texans see who can play ball.

Mark Rypien is Canadian. Show some respect. There is no hate here. I love the Skins, always have always will. How the hell did this turn into a Canadian hating forum? Ignorant comment about Lumsden. He is good but not a star player in the CFL yet. All the Stars that play in Canada are all from the states anyhow. Any monkey could have pointed out the obvious that Americans are better football players. Thats like saying that you(USA) have better hockey players. Its so stupid. Kids are playing football at 4 or 5 in America and here in Canada most don't play untill high school. Besides thats not the point. I am proudly Canadian but I love the American game. If other people from my country want to cheer for the Pats, thats their problem. Maybe they need to make up for their insecurities hop on the Bandwagon. Kind of like you did when you started roasting Canadians. Next time Suisham makes a game winning field goal realize its a Canadian doing so. If he doesn't make it "Blame Canada"

I was at the Patriot debacle as well. Not a great game to see for my first Skins game. I have been in fan since 1980, living in New Bruswick I think I am the only Skins fan in the province.

Dude, I'm in NB. That seriously makes two of us in the entire province.

I thought Canada gave up sports to build luxury suites in museums.

Oh its only their professional teams that gave up. Nice museums up there though :D :D

Shouldn't Canucks be more interested in Fantasy Curling?? :rolleyes:

Dave, you're on fire today!

I thought Canada gave up sports to build luxury suites in museums.

Oh its only their professional teams that gave up. Nice museums up there though :D :D

Nah that was just the pension fund that owns the Maple Leafs.

Pension funds should never own sports teams

I'm a Canadian too. Ontario. My roommate and I are the only skins fans I know.

Since there are no Canadian NFL teams, it's easy for us to switch favorites to whoever is the best at the time. Around here I only ever see Pats and Cowbos fans (bandwagon jumpers). It's funny to see all the new Giants fans appear since the Superbowl.

Personally, I became a huge Redskins fan after watching a few games. Our defense was amazing to watch. Huge hits every down, leaving the oppositions players lying in the turf. The offense grew on me, watching Portis throw some dirty blocks and Sellers trucking (and sometimes hurddling) DBs. Anyways, I hope we keep up with our hard-hitting, bully defense mentality.

Moral of this post: Most Canadians don't actually watch the games, just the standings.

Canada_on_Strike.jpg

I'm not your friend, buddy!

I'm not your buddy, guy!

I'm not your guy, friend!

I'm not your friend, buddy!

I'm not your buddy, guy!

I'm not your guy, friend!

That's what I think about now when I think of Canada! ;)

Archived