Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Welcome Back the G'aints Trolls Thread! (merged)

TD Riggo

What, is this site going to change to EXTREMETOM.COM or what?

Being a fellow Redskins fan (since the time I could walk), like yourself, I'm not going to sit here and fight with you about how great Tom is, or how this message board is your life, we should be celebrating how friggin awesome the team looks this year. No more Skin on Skin crime.

I'm going to enable you juss cuz you're a 'skin fan...but its just a hint...its also about what TK just said, Aretha-wise...it refers to something lacking in your communicating...and when you're newly among peers and betters (uh-huh, he did) it's an important characteristic to show before you get all familiar and up close and frisky-like. Enjoy this awesome site! :cheers:

PLUCK THE EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree about the Skin on Skin crime (but I see PCS' point CLEARLY). I have already been drawn and quartered (with a good keel-hauling thrown in for good measure) over my assessment that a thread should have been dissolved (and because it was from some "high number" poster, and I am what is referred to as a "noob", I was chastised, severely). Personally, as a diehard fan, I do not expect misleading (yeah, at the middle to the end of the post it does become clear that it was made in "jest" and was 100% sarcasm) information to be presented by other diehard fans. Yes, it was creatively constructed to register a point regarding the importance of this weekend’s game, but I still couldn't see the point of having the thread started. I was called “stupid”, “dumb”, was threatened to be “banned” (not possible if you read what I typed), and was even put into the context of a 40+ year old man smoking crack. I can already see that some of my fellow Redskins fans do not appreciate dissenting opinions and will cannibalize on their own kind if the have a small number of posts (not nearly all, but a select few I can see already). Clearly, I will not relent, and I will continue to post and try to be an asset to this board and all upstanding members thereof. Hopefully some of this is just anxiety coming out in lieu of the dynamic change in fortunes for the team, and not normalcy.

redskins played well today, you guys beat my Giants soundly. But any real football fan would agree that the holding call on snee on the toomer TD was BS, and before any of you say the toomer tip catch TD wasnt a good call, you are wrong, he caught it with his hands then brought it into his chest and thats when the ball hit the turf. once you establish possession of the ball in the endzone it's a TD.

good game by the Redskins, horrible game by the Giants secondary.

Wolf: Props to a good game and coming here and admitting it. However, we have been plagued by bad ref calls ALL year and it is extremely satisfying when it finally went the other way. Even though the Giants were owned...bad calls or not.

Good luck in Oakland..

R-E-S-P-E-C-T! Respect is earned not given

Symptom of what is wrong with the youth of today.

Decent human respect should be a given. To treat someone as if they are a decent person should not have to be earned. Tom has always given respect, so he gets it back among those who know. Unfortunately, you don't seem to have gotten this message. Tom has earned his respect, Giants fan or not, lots more than you have among the members here.

Deal in Karma. You give as you get. What comes around goes around, which is why the vets of the board are tying to tell you that you've overstepped before what you are earning comes back on you.

Besides, I know fun is fun, and I get the idea you do too. Some don't, and they quickly find the door.

Anyway, all that said, :ciao: Haha, Tom! Better luck next time!

~Bang

TK, it was definitely stated. Thanks. BTW, were you the one that was adamantly against me? I cannot recall the parties involved (pretty much put it out of my mind until I saw the other "battles being waged", but I can surely find the thread if you'd like.) EDIT: Yes, I just re-read it. It was, in fact you (and others). I did re-read it, and as you can see by my posts I am not "stupid" or "dumb" or a "crackhead". The comment about me being 'banned' was made by MustangSteve, and I belive it was just that "a comment". If anyone here wants to challenge my comprehensive reading skills (including you), then do what you think you have to do. But I can tell you this, I "isn’t no dummy".

R-E-S-P-E-C-T! Good song. Respect is earned not given whether you have 18 posts or 18,000. By the way, you do realize that I never did say anything negative to, or about Tommy boy right?

True, true. Also true is that you have yet to earn any in your 60 posts to date. Just your "Tommy boy" comment speaks volumes about your ability to in the future. I know that I wouldn't bet on you.

Respect is earned not given...<edit>

My last comment, and I'm not dogpiling you...while your expression above is commonly used, it reflects the attitudes of people who either have much to learn about the subject, or don't care about the subject. I believe if you think about it long enough in an open-minded manner you'll get what's being said and the sense it makes.

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

TK, it was definitely stated. Thanks. BTW, were you the one that was adamantly against me? I cannot recall the parties involved (pretty much put it out of my mind until I saw the other "battles being waged", but I can surely find the thread if you'd like.

tab

I already went through that thread before I asked you. I didn't see it. That's why I asked you. But I'll tell you this. I was the only mod posting in that thread. I know I didn't threaten to ban you. Hell, everyone here knows I don't threaten that. I just do it. :)

Serious question for the new guys, like yourself here. Have you even bothered to read the forum rules & found out who the staff are so you know who we are when we address you guys?

Negative. I have never done anything offensive on any message board, have never been banned and have rarely ever had technical questions on one. I can usually tell who the staff are because they "assert" themselves in certain ways. It is never hard to distinguish (I knew you were staff just by the way you posted). In addition, I already posted who stated the "banned" comment (please see above) in the other thread. Also, as far as the "I will just ban you comment", wow, gotta love the humility that comes with the job. Thanks again TK.

I did re-read it, and as you can see by my posts I am not "stupid" or "dumb" or a "crackhead". The comment about me being 'banned' was made by MustangSteve, and I belive it was just that "a comment". If anyone here wants to challenge my comprehensive reading skills (including you), then do what you think you have to do. But I can tell you this, I "isn’t no dummy".

Are you referring to this?

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1992796&postcount=48

Because if you are, you really do need to work on your comprehensive reading skills. His comment wasn't about you being banned. It was about him loosing his cool & saying something to you that would get him banned.

Ahh, ok, I guess I do need to work on my contextual comprehensive reading skills (that post was made after mine, so yes I did assume that it was directed towards me). TK, I can see that you are the guy I need to look out for here. Very quick, very unrelenting. So, I will extend the olive branch and ask that you please forgive me for my ignorance and my ill-advised post. My intent is to garner Washington Redskins camaraderie and not enemies amongst (whom I inherently consider) friends here. I came here to be amongst friends, I can see it will be a tough road. Thanks again for your insight and wisdom, it is much appreciated. And, I will work on those skills and try again :)

a classless thread by a classless fan. Just say good game and count our blessing that the calls by the refs weren't the other way around.

How is this a "classless thread?!" And how is it that I am a "classless fan?" Because I am the originator of this thread. I started this thread because a number of extreme trash-talking inconsiderate G'aints fans (whom I don't consider Tom to be one of BTW) were taken to task by many members here and asked if they would be here win or lose after the game. With very few exceptions, all of these wisenheimers guaranteed their return. I would assume it was because they were so certain of their triumph.

There is NOTHING wrong with giving them a place to come back to and check in as they all had agreed to do. And yes .. I started the thread by giving them a little of what they gave back, minus quite a LOT of vitriol AND profanity! The only G'aints fans who came back weren't the ones that this thread was intended for. We are STILL waiting for "Eli the Fumbler," "BlueNightmare," et al. <crickets>

TK, I can see that you are the guy I need to look out for here.

Watch out for me too. I'm really big, cranky yet frivolous, petty but philosophical, can't see well without my galsses, bump into stuff, break things, and can't afford any more attorneys so I have nothing to lose if cornered.

My intent is to garner Washington Redskins camaraderie and not enemies amongst (whom I inherently consider) friends here. I came here to be amongst friends, I can see it will be a tough road.

tab,

The road is not so tough if you know how to avoid the potholes. ;)

I was blasted on my first post here and could of said "screw these guys". What I quickly came to understand was that no matter how brilliant I thought I was, I had not yet proven that to the regulars. (Hell, I still haven't.)

What you should understand is that the long-timers here have seen this site be flooded with new members in the last couple of months. Many of whom just don't meet up to the quality that they were accustomed to previously. That has resulted in some necessary adjustments by both sides as we all learn to coexist and ultimately enjoy our time spent here.

My advice? Thicken your skin just a little and keep up your participation. Before you know it you will feel like you are surrounded by family and be glad that you persevered. :cheers:

Listen to Monte tab, he always seems embarrassingly well-adjusted, and have fun! And most important...far far far far far far far beyond anything else right now....

PLUCK THE EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of them....

To decent Skins posters:

You played well today. Enjoy your win. You got help from the refs, no doubt, but you played well.

I respect giants fans like tom that can admit defeat and relize that bad calls do happen but, they often balance out throughout the game. Backhanded comments like this just irritate me. You lost by 15 points. if you can come up with 15 points attributed to bad calls then you are thinking about it to hard.

It is not like our tampa game where we were clearly robbed by the refs. Enjoy the fact that your team is ahead in the standings and will probably win the division and shut up!

With all the crap doggy the giants get, you and others on this board give them a reason to post. You need two to tango whichever way it goes around.

Ummm. This is a Redskins board last time I checked. They are welcome to post here, as are any other teams' fans, but don't be surprised if we take offense to their trashing our boards and deriding our team PRIOR to the game. We were as nice as we could be although some of them acted like total jerks. This is a sports board, son. Not a commonwealth of the NFL mutual admiration society!

And pardon us if we talk highly of our Skins on OUR TEAM'S board!

BTW -- I respect the G'aints. I just don't like 'em!

Serious question for the new guys, like yourself here. Have you even bothered to read the forum rules & found out who the staff are so you know who we are when we address you guys?

With all due respect TK, I searched the forum rules for the updated list of mods, because I know you guys added some around the merger.

I didnt find a list anywhere. I just found this:

18. Adhere to the advice and recommendations of the ExtremeSkins.com Staff. Moderators are appointed because they exemplify the characteristics, attitude and values consistent with the standards set for the site. They have been instructed to enforce board rules, guidelines and policies exercising as much restraint as possible, and in such a way to encourage free expression of opinion. They have been entrusted and empowered with the ability and authority to achieve that standard.

ExtremeSkins allows a wide range of discussion. Please refrain from unfounded charges of censorship or other moderator action taken against a member on the grounds an ExtremeSkins Staffer (or team official) simply didn’t like the content of the opinion. We will never remove content from our community based on our personal views of the validity of that opinion. The team will not prevent any communication that is harsh or critical of the team. As a member, if you are engaged for a violation of the rules and happen to have expressed a viewpoint in opposition to that of the ES Staff, the engagement is due to an actual rule violation and not due to the content of the idea. The simple expression of our viewpoints that may be contrary to those of any member is not action against you and should not inspire charges of censorship. ES Staff members have an opinion they are allowed to express too.

These Rules and Guidelines have been promulgated and implemented with the best interest of the community in mind, and with the experience of five years of moderating one of the most active and successful sports-related message boards on the web. We thank you for your attention and cooperation in learning and respecting the rules.

Gotta link?

Archived