Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So Whats Wrong With Saying Merry Christmas???

qcraftsman

Most of you have probably heard this now. Merry Christmas can't be said and it shouldn't be said. Only Happy Holidays is the phrase now. I'm not sure who all is behind this, but it is very stupid. I know Walmart is against it. What do you all think? And by the way Merry Christmas!!!

What do I think?

Bah Humbug!

J/K

Neither one bothers me. If someone is offended when they're told Merry Christmas, They could just respond with whatever holiday they celebrate. No need to make a stink about it though.

[as an entourage of suits - lead by Clark's boss - passes by single file]

Clark: Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, kiss my ass. Kiss his ass. Kiss your ass. Happy Hanukkah

It's a non story and people are just looking to get upset over something.

Personally i think it's the commercialization of the holidays, Walmart just doing this because some beancounter think it'll bring in more customers. I wish people had better things to do than complain about what greetings someone should say.

I wish people a Merry Christmas even though I don't celebrate it. I even accept a Merry Christmas being offered to me because I don't think it was once offered malisciously. Several times it is offered autonomically or perfunctorily. To me, the issue is always exclusion. As long as you don't deny me mine, I don't think you celebrating yours is problematic.

I think most need to realize that the Fox News channel, and others, have gone out of their way to find every instance of this in the entire country.

"Mayor in Pigsknuckle, Arkansas refers to tree as Holiday Tree. 2 Hour story to follow"

"Bobby Johnson in Manchester CT hit with snowball after saying Merry Christmas. We'll have our panel of experts in a 4 hour roundtable discussion on Hannity & Colmes"

and on and on and on :jerk:

Please. It is fine to say Merry Christmas. I wish people would stop buyin the hype. :doh:

I think most need to realize that the Fox News channel, and others, have gone out of their way to find every instance of this in the entire country.

"Mayor in Pigsknuckle, Arkansas refers to tree as Holiday Tree. 2 Hour story to follow"

"Bobby Johnson in Manchester CT hit with snowball after saying Merry Christmas. We'll have our panel of experts in a 4 hour roundtable discussion on Hannity & Colmes"

Please. It is fine to say Merry Christmas. I wish people would stop buyin the hype. :doh:

Seriously, people needs to shut up.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Most of you have probably heard this now. Merry Christmas can't be said and it shouldn't be said. Only Happy Holidays is the phrase now. I'm not sure who all is behind this, but it is very stupid. I know Walmart is against it. What do you all think? And by the way Merry Christmas!!!

Merry Christmas. This will offend a couple of posters I can think of. ;)

MERRY CHRISTMAS! IF someone has a problem with that phrase, like Target, who banned employees from saying it, then say: "The word 'holiday' is Catholic. It comes from the words Holy and Day. So now what do you say?"

:)

Not quite. Here is an etymology for ya from www.dictionary.com;

[Middle English holidai, holy day, from Old English hlig dæg : hlig, holy; see holy + dæg, day; see day.]

It is heathen old English, since Latin has no words that even sound like holy or day in its lexicon. Believe me, the Romans loved changing words around. And killing Jesus, those ****s!

Who is the big scary man stopping you from saying Merry Christmas? You can say whatever you want no one is going to stop you from saying "merry Christmas" get real.

Archived