Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So Whats Wrong With Saying Merry Christmas???

qcraftsman

Yes, both Target and Walmart are now "encouraging" Happy Holidays over Christmas. So the biggest, baddest retailer of all time has now caved into the world of political correctness.

Personally, I think its fine if they say "Merry Christmas" at the doors, as long as the also say, for example, "Happy Chanuukkah", etc. Everyone is happy, no one gets left out, and thousands of Walmart greeters have nervous breakdowns trying to get it all said to all the customers, which may itself provide extra holiday amusement this year.

Personally, I think its fine if they say "Merry Christmas" at the doors, as long as the also say, for example, "Happy Chanuukkah", etc. Everyone is happy, no one gets left out, and thousands of Walmart greeters have nervous breakdowns trying to get it all said to all the customers, which may itself provide extra holiday amusement this year.

Somebody needs to film different ethnic groups going into the store and see what greeting they get.

just another plot by satan to take away the real meaning of dec.25,HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS.

True and not true. I do find Christmas and other holidays quit interesting. But for now will stick with Christmas. We can talk about Easter come April.

1) Nobody knows exactly when Jesus was born.

2) The Christmas tree was actually part of a Pagan holiday that was celebrated in December. Catholics adopted the idea and invited Pagans to celebrate Christmas with them.

I celebrate Christmas and I believe in Jesus. Why I don't know. For one I let most of what I read in the Bible go in one ear and out the other, because I feel that the Bible is man interpretation of God and not actually the word or God. I look at the Bible more so as stories rather then fact. But I still believe in Jesus. I just follow my gut instinct.

I wonder if Jewish employees must refrain from saying Happy Hannukah (sp). Seriously. I realize that it is a lot less common than Merry Christmas, but do you think Target would risk a law suit? After all, limiting the rights of the majority while giving the minority special considerations is the status quo of today's America, isn't it?

Is a Menorah now considered a holiday candle holder? :doh:

Sure they can. It's their business and they can run it as they see fit. But, and this is a big BUT, they are pissing off a lot of customers. To me, it's a stupid, stupid policy on their part. They're just driving more customers over to Walmart.

Have you seen their stocks and profit for the year Nelms

So far it looks like the customers dont give a damn.

Do you know how hard it is to find a Walmart in Northern VA, I aint driving to the outskirts of Fairfax city from falls church for a pet issue

The funniest thing related to this that I saw was on "The Big Story with John Gibson" on Fox News, where in an interview, an ACLU lawyer commented that as long as Christmas just happened to fall during the winter brake that it was okay if people took the day off

HELLO!!!! If not for Christmas, there would be NO winter brake!!!!

Good Lord, now Nelms is going to invade Wal Mart :doh:

Anyone got a link of that video that was posted with the two old men fighting? :laugh: Nelms -vs- Wal Mart Greeter.

dem jus jokes Nelms.... and i know you're not 70 anyways so it shouldn't bother you ;)

I find it hilarious that some of you Christians on the board get so offended when the rational people on the board defend evolution and science, but fail to understand how a moslem might get offended by being lambasted with "Merry Christmas" everywhere.

I don't see how this is getting more attention than schools in Bumble****, Georgia putting stickers in Biology textbooks saying "Evolution is just a theory." Its pretty much the same thing...its just that Christians are the majority, so of course this gets more attention.

I was told by one of my co workers that his sons school, 4th grade, are not allowed to say Merry Chirstmas anymore. This school has even taken out the American flag from the class room. They no longer say the pledge of allengiance anymore. We have become the United States of the offended!

I find it hilarious that some of you Christians on the board get so offended when the rational people on the board defend evolution and science, but fail to understand how a moslem might get offended by being lambasted with "Merry Christmas" everywhere.

I don't see how this is getting more attention than schools in Bumble****, Georgia putting stickers in Biology textbooks saying "Evolution is just a theory." Its pretty much the same thing...its just that Christians are the majority, so of course this gets more attention.

I don't think anyone gets offended when people defend evolution. They disagree with it and as is the case when too conflicting view points are shared a debate is the outcome. I think some get offended because they think schools are teaching thier children that their beliefs are incorrect, and that offends them. Also "I'm sorry but science is real and religion is just a bunch of stories" which commonly pops up in some for or another in such a debate never fails to offend.

This is all very difference from saying "Merry Christmas". I have been wished well on several religious days that I do not celebrate, I've thanked the people doing so because having someone wish you well is always cause to be thankful. It is a very dark outlook on the world when you search for reasons to attack others, especially when they are wishing you well.

Archived