Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So Whats Wrong With Saying Merry Christmas???

qcraftsman

i like henry's analogy. i personally, an athiest, don't mind how i'm given my holiday greetings, but there are some (few) crazy christians who will explode if you say "happy holidays" because christmas is the only real holiday of the season. :rolleyes: i don't see what the problem is with christians accepting a happy holidays greeting, because its more inclusive of other religions (or lack there of.)

My problem with Christmas is that no one acknowledges its actual roots. Christianity stole a holiday based on the earth's movement. The winter solstice has been celebrated around the world far longer than Christmas has. It is disingenuous of Christians to say that the roots of Christmas are about Christ and Christianity, because it is not. It's roots are the most secular of all celebrations because it's based on the rotation of the earth. Christians can pretend they are celebrating the birth of Christ, but the reality is that Christ is not the original reason for the season. But why let facts ruin perfectly good mythology?

don't forget about the german holiday they stole from: "Nikolaus tag" or "nicholas day". on december 5th/6th (depending on area) kids clean out their shoes, and leave them outside for good old Sankt Nikolaus to fill them with chocolate if they've been good, and wooden switches or coal if they've been bad. along with saint nick is his elf helper, Knecht Ruprecht, who hits kidnaps the kids who've been bad, or sometimes hits them with a switch.

hmm, saint nick and an elf... never heard that before!

They are trying to give something for people to hate. They do it all the time, whether it is gays, immigrants, Christmas or liberals, it is hate. It is always about what is wrong with the other guy, why the other guy is bad and not like you. It makes people feel empowered when they can put down sombody else, it is backwards thinking, and it is wrong.

There is no "war on Christmas". The only war on Christmas is what they are trying to condition you to think, they are breeding hate into peoples heads, and that's the bottom line. Your not like me, and I am in the majority, so you should do it my way. Who cares about respecting you, you are in the minority, I am not. I am superior to you.

That is the war on Christmas. . . the war to get people to hate everyone not like them.

It is basically a function of extreme religious nutjobs that try to control a population by hate. I look at the leaders of our country now, and I see the hate they preach, and the propaganda they feed people. It is disgusting to watch, and it is really embarassing to see it work.

don't forget about the german holiday they stole from: "Nikolaus tag" or "nicholas day". on december 5th/6th (depending on area) kids clean out their shoes, and leave them outside for good old Sankt Nikolaus to fill them with chocolate if they've been good, and wooden switches or coal if they've been bad. along with saint nick is his elf helper, Knecht Ruprecht, who hits kidnaps the kids who've been bad, or sometimes hits them with a switch.

hmm, saint nick and an elf... never heard that before!

actually it wasnt an elf in that story. It was the good saint nick and the devil. st nick had enslaved the devil and made him deliver presents to the good kids. The best part was if the kids were bad "black peter" also know as knect ruprecht would take the kids away to spain as punishment. hee hee

actually it wasnt an elf in that story. It was the good saint nick and the devil. st nick had enslaved the devil and made him deliver presents to the good kids. The best part was if the kids were bad "black peter" also know as knect ruprecht would take the kids away to spain as punishment. hee hee

there are different variations to the story depending on the area. the point of that story is that that is what the origins of the whole christmas thing. there was a real saint nick, and he grew into a legend from there. kinda like buddha, he was a real person, helped poor people, and eventually became an immortal god figure.

Archived