Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Interesting comments from the Chargers players...

sableholic

Well just headed over to chargers.com and listened to some video's from today. One of their defenders talked about how good our offensive scheme was for the game keeping our max protect and stopping their line. Then Brees was saying we have one of the best secondaries they faced. Talked about the defense playing well. I just like hearing it after the tough loss. I cheered my ass off at FedEx Field and it hurt, but I still liked a lot of what I saw.

lost in the mix is that they have been some excellent games..

just finished on the wrong side that's all...

A whole seaon full of playoff games except for one...Unreal..

exactly, every game we have played this season except for two (SF and NY) have like playoff games. They have been intense, close, and fought bitterly til the end. The sad part is, we play all of this mock playoff games and dont get to play the real thing :(

Bah. A loss is a loss.

Marty Schottenheimer won't let his guys disrespect an opponent anyway. Just because we got beat by a classy organization doesn't mean I have to feel good about it.

If we'd had a little more patience with Marty, we'd probably be a lot better off right now. Steve Freaking Spurrier... egad...

I wasn't really that upset with the way we played this week. I thought going in we was playing a tough game against a very potent offense. We played very well for three quarters, but made some very bad mistakes especially by the offensive line in the final period. We need to improve on the mental mistakes and learn how to close out games. I think we're about there. Like Joe always says "it's a work in progress". We as fans are starving for a winner, which is understandable, but we need to show a little more patience. Joe is going to get this thing right.

exactly, every game we have played this season except for two (SF and NY) have like playoff games. They have been intense, close, and fought bitterly til the end. The sad part is, we play all of this mock playoff games and dont get to play the real thing :(

Your right. But when we get there we'll have plenty of experience in tough,, close hard fought games. were gettin there. keep the faith

Well Brees had his worse day of the season, including 3 INT... and had 2 more dropped.

And LT was held to 66 yards into the 4th quarter, until he finally broke loose.

The Charger Defense only had one sack, and gave up more rushing yards than the average. Brunells QB rating was pretty good... and we stopped ourselves in the 4th more than the Chargers did.

Bah. A loss is a loss.

Marty Schottenheimer won't let his guys disrespect an opponent anyway. Just because we got beat by a classy organization doesn't mean I have to feel good about it.

If we'd had a little more patience with Marty, we'd probably be a lot better off right now. Steve Freaking Spurrier... egad...

Would you really rather have Marty than Gibbs?

Marty is an average coach who has historically folded in the playoffs. Gibbs is a Hall of Fame coach who has one four NFC Championships and 3 Super Bowls.

And make no mistake, Gibbs is turning this organization around. We are in great shape for the long-term. WE are drafting great young talent: Chris Cooley was a third round steal. Sean Taylor was well worth the 1st round pick (they were both better picks than Winslow). Carlos Rogers is also lookign to be a good pick. Heck, I'll be willing to bet that Jason Campbell will be good down the road.

We also have a young receiver in the midst of a breakout season in Santana Moss. Portis is playing a good overall game (including blocking, running, recieving, recovering fumbles, tackleing, and hitting balls out of bounds); he will be here a while. Brunell turned out to be a good idea and could give us another couple years while Campbell develops. The offensive line is playing as a unit and finally recovering from the Spurrier disaster. The defense corrected a lot of doubters when they got all their starters back and put Rogers in at the #2 corner.

Most importantly they are developing a team unity - a cohesiveness. The real key to success is continuity and we finally have it. This year has been a growing process, and a hard one at times. The team just needs to stay together and they will make a great run next year. The Coach and The Danny say they like the team, so these guys are gonna get another go at it. They will be Awesome next year. I'm sure of it. Heck, they have made me happy this year (they beat Dallas and will have the first winning record in 6 years).

In all, this is an organization making good decisions and improving. IN other words, they show signs of good leadership.

Speaking of patience, perhaps you should have a little more patience with Joe. He has guided the team back to respectability. Now he will guide them back to the playoffs. And, judging by both coaches pasts, I'd be willing to bet Joe eventually gets the 'skins further than Marty gets the Chargers.

Too bad they are stuck with Samuels and Arringtons monster contracts over the next few years. Gibbs would have a lot more leeway in getting the backups we need if these 2 weren't hogging up so much of the cap for very little overall production.

Samuels has been just pathetic this season and it seems that Gibbs and Williams would rather not have Arrington on the field if they had a reliable 2nd option.

I really doubt Gibbs will be around long enough to make this team truely his kind of team unless he gets rid of these type players this offseason. They did get rid of a lot of them after last year but there are still some questionable players on the roster making All Pro type cash.

The best pre-season predictor of performance is strength of schedule. On paper, the Skins had a very tough schedule this year, and the on field reality has only been worse. The Bears, Giants and Cowboys were among the easier teams on our schedule and they all lead their division, and only the Eagles are appreciably worse than expected.

Now for the really bad news: our schedule looks to be even tougher next year. :doh:

Nope. I didn't say that. I implied that we should have kept Marty rather than firing him so we could hire Spurrier.

Marty had a good "Joe Gibbs-style" team working here. He cleaned up our bloated salary cap, and brought a blue-collar brand of football to D.C.

Whether or not he would have ever won in the playoffs for us is inconsequential. We would have been better off with him than Spurrier, and you can bet that Joe Gibbs would have been better off coming back to coach Marty's team than Spurrier's team.

yeah joe knows how to lose a game that had playoff implications also...yeah joe knows conservative playcalling that cost us a trip to the playoffs,,,you cant give the man a free pass anymore,,sorry:logo:

and your can't make pointless hateful knee jerk statements that have zero truth, or facts to back the up ......sorry

The defense did play pretty well, all things considered. Three picks and they held the Chargers to 17 points in 4 quarters of play. Unfortunately, they were on the field too long and just couldn't stop LT. Its nothing to be ashamed of. Lots of teams have failed in that endeavor. When its all said and done, he may very well be the best RB ever.

Nope. I didn't say that. I implied that we should have kept Marty rather than firing him so we could hire Spurrier.

Marty had a good "Joe Gibbs-style" team working here. He cleaned up our bloated salary cap, and brought a blue-collar brand of football to D.C.

Whether or not he would have ever won in the playoffs for us is inconsequential. We would have been better off with him than Spurrier, and you can bet that Joe Gibbs would have been better off coming back to coach Marty's team than Spurrier's team.

Ahhh. OK, this makes more sense. Except, Gibbs probably wouldn't have come back if we didn't have the Spurrier fiasco.

I agree wit u all the way if we can keep this same unit together for some years and not break up this group and let them finsh developin a chemistry we will make a run next year no doubt I love what I seen so far this year they gave me something I aint have in years and that's HOPE and only better things are ahead the one's who been here thru the struggle just need 2 hang on a bit we have a future superbowl team right here developin

Marty is an average coach who has historically folded in the playoffs. Gibbs is a Hall of Fame coach who has one four NFC Championships and 3 Super Bowls.

And make no mistake, Gibbs is turning this organization around. We are in great shape for the long-term. WE are drafting great young talent: Chris Cooley was a third round steal. Sean Taylor was well worth the 1st round pick (they were both better picks than Winslow). Carlos Rogers is also lookign to be a good pick. Heck, I'll be willing to bet that Jason Campbell will be good down the road.

We also have a young receiver in the midst of a breakout season in Santana Moss. Portis is playing a good overall game (including blocking, running, recieving, recovering fumbles, tackleing, and hitting balls out of bounds); he will be here a while. Brunell turned out to be a good idea and could give us another couple years while Campbell develops. The offensive line is playing as a unit and finally recovering from the Spurrier disaster. The defense corrected a lot of doubters when they got all their starters back and put Rogers in at the #2 corner.

Most importantly they are developing a team unity - a cohesiveness. The real key to success is continuity and we finally have it. This year has been a growing process, and a hard one at times. The team just needs to stay together and they will make a great run next year. The Coach and The Danny say they like the team, so these guys are gonna get another go at it. They will be Awesome next year. I'm sure of it. Heck, they have made me happy this year (they beat Dallas and will have the first winning record in 6 years).

In all, this is an organization making good decisions and improving. IN other words, they show signs of good leadership.

Speaking of patience, perhaps you should have a little more patience with Joe. He has guided the team back to respectability. Now he will guide them back to the playoffs. And, judging by both coaches pasts, I'd be willing to bet Joe eventually gets the 'skins further than Marty gets the Chargers.

:applause: I buy into that. Marty's 5-12 in playoffs and still has not won a playoff game since leaving the Redskins despite a GM that has loaded him up with talent 4 years straight now. Note Marty went 8-8 & 4-12 in his first two seasons at San Diego. Give Gibbs 4 years & see where he is.

Well Brees had his worse day of the season, including 3 INT... and had 2 more dropped.

And LT was held to 66 yards into the 4th quarter, until he finally broke loose.

The Charger Defense only had one sack, and gave up more rushing yards than the average. Brunells QB rating was pretty good... and we stopped ourselves in the 4th more than the Chargers did.

:applause: exactly i thought we played extremely well except for about 4-5 plays down the stretch including two in overtime but it never shoulda gotten there we just need to learn how to close out games...players AND playcallers :logo:

Archived