Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Damn Near All Things T.O. - MERGED!

SkinsHokieFan

Since this is the official Redskins board and I suspect people working for the Redskins front office read through these threads...I want those people to know that I agree with the majority here, please don't get TO.

Don't repeat your "mistake" like you did with Deion Sanders.

LOL :laugh: :laugh: if the redskins are making roster moves based on what they are reading here, this team has some major problems.

TO is a head case. Players seem happy with their teammates and with the coaching staff. (Except maybe Danny Smith who I think should be fired)

TO would really be a disaster IMO.

Right now, I could only envision 2 teams taking him next year....

Dallas, because Parcells is the type that thinks he could handle him, and Baltimore because they are desperate enough in regards to their offense.

The Raiders have always been the type to sign head cases, but they just locked up both of their WR's last year, so it wouldn't make fiscal sense to them (unless they trade Moss or Porter to Philly for some ridiculous trade like Owens and a draft pick and/or player)

if he gets cut, and clears waivers, the teams with the worst record gets the first opportunity to sign him by rule. So were looking at Texas/ GB. so this leaves about 19 teams in front of the redskins to look at him..............but why the **** would we even think about signing him, like jim Rome said "TO is a cancer, and after multiple treatments of chemotherapy and radiation, that still wont go away." If we sign TO i will never watch another redksins game again. I think the wizards could use him though

:dallasuck

i dont mean to start another TO debate thread. I would just like to voice my opinion that im SICK of hearing about him all over the news? i felt the same way in the summer, when everything was TO this or TO that. And people wonder where he gets his attitude from. This constant focus on TO news is turning the NFL into a circus.... there is more news on TO tonite in MN Countdown than there is about the Colts-Patriots.... PLEASE GIVE ME A BREAK!!! This is gonna be another one of those kobe bryant assault news stories that just dont die all season.

ESPN, do me a favor---- cover something new... like those surging redskins for instance.:cheers:

how quickly we forget, if OUR all pro LB can be sidelined for what little problems he exhibited what on Gods green earth makes anyone even remotely consider we would go after a total train wreck that was just kicked off of his SECOND team in 3 years???

i believe as im sure Joe Gibbs does, the game of football is better off without TO and his tantrums. if that jackass was ever to play for a Gibbs football team the whole space/time continueum would collapse in on itself and all would perish.

Try living around here. That led off the 5pm news, and most likely the 11pm news as well. :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

It makes me want to change the channel and watch election day mudslinging commercials.

LOL so true--- i lived up there for 18 yrs, just go to college here ;)

Actually, the way he keeps himself in shape and the obvious physical condition he is in, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in an NFL uniform until he's 40 a la Jerry Rice. I've heard that some in SF said he has BETTER habits than Rice in taking care of his body. He could play for a long long time, unfortunately.

Actually, I didn't make any speculation how long Owens age would allow him to play (but you can't count on it either). My points on his age were: he is not young & stupid and reshapable (he's old, stupid & the mold is set), he's getting injured (apparently despite his rumored "better than Jerry Rice" work outs), his best years are behind him. Even if Owens could play longer than most, I don't see that it would change any of those points.

So do you think he would be worth picking up? Not necessarily the Redskins but a number of teams.

I think the NFL in general is tired of it...but it just makes me appreciate our squad even more. The ONLY player on the Redskins that was rumored to have behavior problems openly admitted he was wrong, and worked to fix the problem.

That's class. :point2sky

Archived