Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Damn Near All Things T.O. - MERGED!

SkinsHokieFan

This guy I know for a fact is guy Robert Littal T.O. apologist and he even says Owens was out of line. This is one of the better articles I have read breakdown the whole situation. It is too long to post but here is a brief part of it and the link to the guys website for the whole article:

http://www.blacksportsonline.com

"From the beginning I have not agreed with the

way Owens has gone about his problems with Donovan McNabb and the Eagles organization. A lot of what T.O. says to the media is 100% true. Donovan did blow the Super Bowl, a lot of players did say they did not need Owens to win that game, the Eagles have shortchanged players, and it was classless of the organization not to even put up on the jumbotron his 100-touchdown reception. What Owens has failed to realize over his time in the league is that the media is not your friend. It has not gotten through to him that whatever he says is going to be twisted and construed in a negative

light. Michael Irvin can say whatever he wants because he is on TV, does not play professional football anymore and is paid to make controversial comments because there are no repercussions for him. Donovan McNabb is an elite quarterback in this league and by all accounts a very stand up guy, if Owens had a problem with him all he had to do was bring that discussion to him man to man these issues could have been handle."

In all honesty, I would really not be shocked at all if he ended up here, in Washington, next season. But would that really be a bad thing?

My buddy and I were just talking about this for like the past hour, think about it.

First of all, it's Dan Snyder. It would be a typical Dan Snyder move to go after a guy like Terrell Owens. He's got the money, so why the hell not?

We may not have a ton of cap room, but with all the stuff Owens has been up to in the past few months damages his value significantly. Before this whole controversy, TO was worth all the money and would have been way to expensive for us. We could easily fit him under our cap.

Then,

Our coach is Joe Gibbs. He worked with players like this (maybe not this extreme) in his first tenure here and it worked out. He's also Tony Stewart's boss. I don't watch NASCAR, but based on everything I've seen on ESPN, Tony Stewart is to NASCAR what Terrell Owens is to the NFL.

If,

we acquired him, teams would be forced to double up on Terrell Owens, the best receiver in the league. Guess who this would leave in single coverage? Santana Moss. It appears impossible to stop Santana in single coverage. As an added bonus, it will finally give Clinton Portis some room to run.

Plus, he could give us all the secrets and audibles the Eagles use on offense. We would dominate them the entire next season (maybe).

Trust me, if he gets cut or dropped, this WILL be discussed in depth by the Redskins organization. I would not be surprised at all to see TO in a Redskins jersey next year.

I'm a bit uneasy about the Drew Rosenhaus and Dan Snyder connection, but ultimately it will be Gibbs call, so I'm not too concerned.

Personally, I worry more about him ending up in Dallas or with the Giants, that wouldn't go down very well at all.

Someone's been listening to Tony K. :)

If TO even gets a SNIFF from Washington, I'll name my next kid Heath Deion George Terrell Steven.

You are 45 years old, do you really think you should be having more kids? You would be retired by the time he graduates.

Anyhow, I put all my trust into Joe Gibbs so if he decided that this was the right place for a superstar like T.O. then I would be down with it. Regardless of his character he performs on the field better than anyone at his position.

You are 45 years old, do you really think you should be having more kids? You would be retired by the time he graduates.

Anyhow, I put all my trust into Joe Gibbs so if he decided that this was the right place for a superstar like T.O. then I would be down with it. Regardless of his character he performs on the field better than anyone at his position.

Thanks for the planned parenthood tip.

And for totally missing the point. :)

As to your take on TO ... with all due respect, anytime anyone says "regardless of character" in terms of a Joe Gibbs team, it suggests someone who hasn't quite "gotten it" yet.

Thanks for the planned parenthood tip.

And for totally missing the point. :)

As to your take on TO ... with all due respect, anytime anyone says "regardless of character" in terms of a Joe Gibbs team, it suggests someone who hasn't quite "gotten it" yet.

When I guy just gets up and leaves his team for a year what type of character is that? For reason's which only have to do with himself he deciedes he need a break, he needs to find himself, find out what he wants in life and find his passion for the game again.......then comes back because he deciedes you know that I kind of miss the game but I really really miss and need the money.......

I am not talking about Ricky Williams.........

Talking about John Riggins.........

People say TO turned his back on his team, well in many ways so did Rigo when he left the team for a year.......that is not the best of character.......

but Gibbs was able to control him and work him into his system.....because he had passion for the game when he was playing.......

when he was on the field he gave 110% he knew what he was doing all the time, he never left anythign on the field whether it ws practice or game-time.....

so did TO.....he just was under a coach who did not know how to control him and under management who wanted to stay 15M under the cap because you know why.........they could

When I guy just gets up and leaves his team for a year what type of character is that? For reason's which only have to do with himself he deciedes he need a break, he needs to find himself, find out what he wants in life and find his passion for the game again.......then comes back because he deciedes you know that I kind of miss the game but I really really miss and need the money.......

I am not talking about Ricky Williams.........

Talking about John Riggins.........

People say TO turned his back on his team, well in many ways so did Rigo when he left the team for a year.......that is not the best of character.......

but Gibbs was able to control him and work him into his system.....because he had passion for the game when he was playing.......

when he was on the field he gave 110% he knew what he was doing all the time, he never left anythign on the field whether it ws practice or game-time.....

so did TO.....he just was under a coach who did not know how to control him and under management who wanted to stay 15M under the cap because you know why.........they could

Did you serioulsy just equate John Riggins' year off in ANY way with what T.O. is doing?

lets seperate character from having a "big bag of onions"........

TO's character on the field.......can not beat it, he is a competitor, on the field he always gives it his all.....plays harder then anyone

TO's character off the field.....if I had a time for any time I heard someone describe an NFL reciever as being selfish/arrogant......Id be rich

Lets also know that what TO has done is stood up to management......management who told him "we are not going to listen to you, not goign to work out a deal which makes you happy......not because the cap wont let us, because we dont wanna pay you.........and ouy know what you can't do anythign about it........

Go ahead try, you wanna play 'chicken' with us.......we will see which car swerves first........you will never see this money, and if you try to hold-out if you will see no money.......if you cause problems we will make every nfl fan think you are a piece of dirt.........."

TO stood up.........he brought 'management' down with him.......

Again TO is a selfish/arrogrant donkey's A.......but who isnt in the NFL today?

Did you serioulsy just equate John Riggins' year off in ANY way with what T.O. is doing?

No........Ricky Williams.......

the 'media' says that Ricky has terrible character, only cares about himself, does not care about the team and destroyed the Dolphins season last year by his 'act'......that is why he left?

the media says that TO is arrogrant/selfish and only cares about himself.....different situation, basically same character......

now Riggo did basically the same thing that Ricky did......he left for the year, left his team and showed no class in what he did/his act(thought i think he is a great guy from hearing him on 980 on thursdays).......

so from that you could say that Riggo showed terrible character.......yet Gibbs had no problem in dealing with him......

I am compairing 'character' not the situation of Riggo and Owens being the same.....

Archived