Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Damn Near All Things T.O. - MERGED!

SkinsHokieFan

I'm telling you he wasn't beaten...he played zone and let him go expecting deep help.

That's the fact. Do with it what you will.

I accept the fact that Taylor had an angle on Brown around the 30 yard line and Brown outran him to the Endzone. That's all.....if anything, he was beaten in a footrace, that's all!

I'm telling you he wasn't beaten...he played zone and let him go expecting deep help.

That's the fact. Do with it what you will.

And another thing, if you are playing safety, isn't your job to "BE DEEPER THAN THE DEEPEST RECEIVER"? How can you say he was expecting deep help on a shallow slant? Especially if Taylor's job was to keep everything in front of him?

I accept the fact that Taylor had an angle on Brown around the 30 yard line and Brown outran him to the Endzone. That's all.....if anything, he was beaten in a footrace, that's all!

You'd be correct that Brown made it to the end zone first. You'd be incorrect to say Springs was beaten...he released the guy, having missed the check down.

Springs believed that he had deep help.

I'm not taking anything away from Brown...he's fast. But he didn't beat anyone. He ran free.

And another thing, if you are playing safety, isn't your job to "BE DEEPER THAN THE DEEPEST RECEIVER"? How can you say he was expecting deep help on a shallow slant? Especially if Taylor's job was to keep everything in front of him?

The check down was for a blitz...a safety blitz.

You'd be correct that Brown made it to the end zone first. You'd be incorrect to say Springs was beaten...he released the guy, having missed the check down.

I'm not taking anything away from Brown...he's fast. But he didn't beat anyone. He ran free.

Typical. Eagles have one good play and you have to attempt to displace the blame from every player on the field. :laugh:

All you guys saying you wouldn't want him and "hell no" are idiots.

TO is a beast, the best reciever in the game today....he would free up room for Portis to run and Moss would probably be left in single coverage on the other side.

Now that he has further illustrated the fact that he is crazy and is backed into a corner with the Eagles, he can probably be signed for FAR less than what he would have made before.

I really don't think it would be hard to fit his money under the cap at all.

Even with his personality issues, I would LOVE to have him on my team.

You can have him. Physical ability on the field does not necessarily translate into good things, and definitely not in the locker room.

If his contract was worded right, yes.

I honestly think Joe Gibbs could press the right buttons with this guy. If he could be Tony Stewart's boss then he can be T.O.'s boss.

His teammates don't hate him BTW. Some of the reports out of Philly seem to be that some leaders (Dawkins and WB) are torn over this issue. Wilbon even went as far as saying,

"Why more players haven't confronted T.O. and publicly defended McNabb and the team from T.O.'s constant and lunatic criticisms may speak to a lack of strength in that locker room."

I don't agree with 99% of T.O.'s antics, but you cannot deny his play on the field.

Owens has shown that he respects neither contracts nor authority. As soon as he feels the slightest bit slighted, he will lash out and the destruction of moral will begin.

For all of you that think that T.O. is that much of a jerk is ridiculous. He knows exactly what he's doing. He did the same thing in San Fran. He basically acted out to get out of his contract in Philly to go to a team of his choice. Actually he'd pretty smart for doing so. He knew that the Eagles would try any means to keep him (with no new contract) if he had played the company role. He's going to Atlanta where he wants to be and the only way that he could get there is to pull the same stunt that he pulled in San Fran.........It worked!!

All he has shown is that he does not work and play well with others. As soon as he becomes unhappy, even just a tiny little bit, the storm starts. He is the very definition of selfish ego-maniac with severe delusions.

Even if your theory of "He does it on purpose." is correct, that's even worse. If I had an NFL team, no matter how desperate I may be for a receiver, I would not want this type of person on my team.

I never said Springs was beaten. I said that Taylor was SMOKED.....like in a footrace SMOKED....you know....like trying to catch someone SMOKED......

I hope that helps you :)

Typical. Eagles have one good play and you have to attempt to displace the blame from every player on the field. :laugh:

Hey...it's a fact. It was a blown call by the secondary.

I'm not saying they should have given the points back. :doh:

Still bitter, eh? Let go, man....just let go.

Would you approve of Terrel for a year contract here to go along with Moss?

I think one year wouldn't give him enough time to get mad about something enough to the point of what has happened.

Our offense would be completly unstoppable if he was here. If you double him, then Moss is singled, vice versa.

What do yall think?

Or is it not that easy????

I never said Springs was beaten. I said that Taylor was SMOKED.....like in a footrace SMOKED....you know....like trying to catch someone SMOKED......

I hope that helps you :)

I'd say someone got smoked if they started from the same point and were giving the same effort. Springs, our best db, let Brown go...as he thought he should.

Springs shut him down for all of the game with the exception of his mistake on this play.

Just the facts.

The check down was for a blitz...a safety blitz.

What safety blitz? The play appeared to be a 2 deep zone with the corners playing the hook and flats. Taylor was on his side of the hash and the rush was a five man with pressure coming from the right side.

I'd say someone got smoked if they started from the same point and were giving the same effort. Springs, our best db, let Brown go...as he thought he should.

Springs shut him down for all of the game with the exception of his mistake on this play.

Just the facts.

5 catches 94 yards 1 TD

Avg. 18.8 yards per catch

2 of the 5 catches were 3rd down catches resulting in 1st downs......

Oh....all this in his first start, vs a division rival, at their place on Sunday Night....yep, he shut him down all right :jerk:

What safety blitz? The play appeared to be a 2 deep zone with the corners playing the hook and flats. Taylor was on his side of the hash and the rush was a five man with pressure coming from the right side.

Don't take my word for it:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125536&highlight=shawn+springs

We were up by seven points, and the Eagles only touchdown, as Gregg Williams explained, came on a blown coverage by Shawn Springs. Springs thought the team was still in zone (they checked to man before the play) and he released Brown to the middle where no one was there to guard him. I love that Gibbs put the game in the hands of the defense after they played a great game...

5 catches 94 yards 1 TD

Avg. 18.8 yards per catch

2 of the 5 catches were 3rd down catches resulting in 1st downs......

Oh....all this in his first start, vs a division rival, at their place on Sunday Night....yep, he shut him down all right :jerk:

56 of those yards came on one play. Average the other 4 and you get 38/4=9.5... :doh:

In your quote, there is....

1 - No mention of a blitz

2 - No mention of a safety blitz

3 - No mention of a safety blitz by Taylor

I said that Brown beat Taylor in a foot race to the endzone. I don't give a rats arse what kind of coverage was going on. The bottom line is, was, and will be that Taylor chased Brown for 35 of those 56 yards to the endzone. That is all I have been saying.....

56 of those yards came on one play. Average the other 4 and you get 38/4=9.5... :doh:

So......he shut him down in your eyes correct.....though now 3 of his 5 catches resulted in either a TD or a 1st down......your logic cracks me up! I guess you'll say now that Moss burned the Sheldon too right, even though he had 2 more catches than Brown and 15 less yards and 1 less TD......right?

I do not want TO back under any circumstances.

But do you still want to make love to him?

Just curious.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98746&page=2&pp=15&highlight=stop

I love TO and always will. If God told me I had to be homo with one man or the world would end, I'd pick Terrell Eldorado Owens.

(and in case you're wondering, westy... no, this one never gets old. :laugh: )

Archived