Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Four Horsemen

Zguy28

Heard a pretty interesting interpretation of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse yesterday on the radio. From Revelation 6:

1 I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, "Come!" 2 I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.

Apparently in the original Greek the word for "bow" is actually the word used for Rainbow, not a bow. Notice there are no arrows mentioned. I'll just leave that for comptemplation.

3 When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, "Come!" 4 Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a large sword.

This guy is a strong military leader who will rally many men for a war that is imaginary, to get them to kill each other.

5 When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. 6 Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart of wheat for a day's wages,and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!"

A quart of wheat is a pauper's portion. It's a small amount that still costs the poor a day's wages. The Oil and Wine represent wealth and prosperity. The rich will get richer and the poor poorer. Gas is so high people can't afford it, yet the suppliers (Saudis and Oil companies) keep raising prices and padding wallets.

7 When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come!" 8 I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Last we have War, Hunger (over half the worlds population is malnuorished.),Disease (AIDS, cancer, possible Bird flu pandemic?) The average American dog has a higher protein intake than most 3rd world people.

Got to say it makes sense.

Personally, I think the four horsemen went down hill after the brought on Steve McMichael. Gotta love Flair though...We got the girls! We got the belts! WHOOO!

I agree. Mongo sucked harder then a Hoover.

"Whether you like it or not, learn to love it, because its the best thing going. Wooooo!"

I agree. Mongo sucked harder then a Hoover.

"Whether you like it or not, learn to love it, because its the best thing going. Wooooo!"

Flair has two principle weaknesses IMHO...

1) The suseceptability of getting clotheslined after awkwardly flipping over the turnbuckle

and

2) An uppercut to the crotch by a kneeling opponent"

"Elizabeth is mine! Woman is mine! The Belts...mine! WHOO!

In my humble opinion modern dispensationalism is not scriptural. Here is a good article about the simple fact that things basically used to be worse.

The world is a mess because Christians have abandoned it. Christians turned back the tide of cannibalism, infanticide, abortion, homosexuality, and so many other evils over the centuries. But since the rapture doctrine, the Church has taken a back seat to evil making it a prophetic inevitability.

This is the second to the last paragraph and he hits the nail on the head!

Take 3 or 4 days away from "the end is near" prophecy and read something like "Last Day Madness" instead. I'll even make it easy for you.

Last Days Madness

Personally, I think the four horsemen went down hill after the brought on Steve McMichael. Gotta love Flair though...We got the girls! We got the belts! WHOOO!

lol i'm glad i'm not the only person who thought of the wrestling group from NWA. Arn "The Enforcer" Anderson, Oli "I never wrestle unless it with Arn" Anderson, Rick "The Nature Boy" Flair, and Lex "The Total Package" Lugar.

EDIT: Tully Blanchard was an oringal horseman not Lugar. :doh:

lol i'm glad i'm not the only person who thought of the wrestling group from NWA. Arn "The Enforcer" Anderson, Oli "I never wrestle unless it with Arn" Anderson, Rick "The Nature Boy" Flair, and Lex "The Total Package" Lugar.

That is who I thought of first too.

That was back when wrestling was still entertaining.

I miss it......................sometimes.

In my humble opinion modern dispensationalism is not scriptural. Here is a good article about the simple fact that things basically used to be worse.

This is the second to the last paragraph and he hits the nail on the head!

Take 3 or 4 days away from "the end is near" prophecy and read something like "Last Day Madness" instead. I'll even make it easy for you.

Last Days Madness

Seems like good material, but from what I saw on the second site it looked like just someone elses opinion. I just was relating what I had heard. Interpret it as you will. Signs can be interpreted throughout the ages to represent the then current circumstances. What we must be ever vigilant for is that we don't know when the second coming will happen, so we must always be watching. I thought it was interesting, but so was the material you posted.

good.gif

The original Horsemen were the best. Flair, Ole and Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard. We're the best thing goin today. WHOO!

Gotta go with Zguy on this. I've done countless hours of research on the Four Horsemen, and there is no reason it can't be those four. Conquest, War, Famine, and death. Given our state of world affairs, the apoaclypse is likely sooner than we think. People sometimes forget that the four horseman do not have to be personified. For example. conquest, the first horseman, could very well be propaganda at it's simplest form. With the rising global nuclear threat, it's not hard to believe an ultimate battle, a judgement if you will, will happen.

Keep in mind the dates December 21st -23rd, 2012. The 3 days of darkness. I'm sure some of you have heard it. This is predicted by the Mayan calendar, which has been proven accurate over a thousand years now. Their calendar is broken down into 52 year cycles. The Aztecs used this calendar and prophesized their own demise after 4 cycles, or 208 years. They were only one year off, when the Spanish came and destroyed them.

In the Mayan calendar, December 21, 2012 is the end of the cycle of this world and the beginning of the earth anew. And this isn't b.s., look it up yourself. Observe the 52 year cycles and the world events that corresponded when the cycles began and ended. Just google the terms "Mayan 2012" or "December 21, 2012" and you'll get a million hits. A lot of it is new-age junk, so you have to dig through a lot of crap to find the facts.

Guest sith lord
:laugh: I'm glad this thread took a turn towards wrestling. For the record, my favorite version of the four horsemen featured Flair, Anderson, Dean Malenko and Chris Benoit.

I'll give you a pass because you're young.

I think modern escapism in our western eschatolgical view called the "pre"trib rapture is one of the biggest hinderences to the gospel in the western world. Apostolic Post Millennialism is the way to go. There are no veres in the bible that suport a "pretrib" rapture... you have to stretch to find it.

Without a doubt we will go through the tribulation, America as we know it will be shaken, and I will not even begining to discuss what will happen to Jews again, and I am saddened by it.... and I believe we are in the birth "pangs" now(matt 24).

I love the book of revelation, and it is a part of my deep studies.

Archived