Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Four Horsemen

Zguy28

Note: I have no idea what I'm talking about

There are not dates given anywhere, there are also no time restraits or time boundaries (unless I'm missing something). So that means one "horse" can last a month while another can last hundreds of years. Perhaps the "horses" could even overlap.

Note again (to rieterate): I have no idea what I'm talking about

White horse:

This could represent (modern) mankind in the time from 1492 (or 1170 if you prefer) until Bhutan was found when modern man conquered the world. Why the crown? We are now the dominate species in every corner of earth. Why the bow (and it is a bow as in bow and arrow) with no arrows?

:whoknows:

Could be because humans always talk of peace, but are constantly threatening war or are at war.

Red horse:

What: War

Time: 1914-present?

Black horse:

:whoknows:

He follows the red horse, and is holding scales (or balances). I guess after the wars there will be a clear and sharp distinction between the wealthy and poor. The wealthy would have...well....wealth...and power, but the poor would have numbers. Do they balance themselves out (hence the scales) in the power stuggles (and famine) that are sure to follow after all the war?

The most popular interpetation for the black horse is famine.

The contemp. english version:

"A quart of wheat will cost you a whole day's wages! Three quarts of barley will cost you a day's wages too. But don't ruin the olive oil or the wine."

Pale horse:

The only horseman with a name. Death.

With hell following right along.

Not a pretty time.

Note: He has the power to kill "..... with the beasts of the earth".

Maybe there's something to this Avian flu people have been yapping about after all....

Of course, again. I have no idea what I'm talking about.

For all I know-

White horse:

The white man taking over everything. He doesn't have any arrows because he has a machine gun around his neck.

Red horse:

See Last of the Mohicans. Shouldn't need to explain further.

Black horse:

Why a brotha got to be poor??

Pale horse:

Asians. You got lil Kim in Korea and China trying to become a super power.

Oh and where did the bird flu originate from again?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Baseles denial is weak? WTF! There is not such thing as baseless denial unless there is evidence. Baseless allegations are infinitely worse. You have no proof so you have faith, and that my dear man is not going to cut it.

Also we will not know what happens, we will keep on living until we don't and after that it is anyone's guess, but the nothing seems like the most logical situation.

yep you got it together... you truly know what you are talking about... :doh:

sorry bout that prophet, but "watch therefore and count yourself worthy to escape" is in luke 21:36 when Jesus tells them to be prepared.

luke 21 Jesus is talking about the roman destruction of Jerusalem. It was prophesied by Jesus to His followers.

to liberty...

Please tell me... is it coincidence that the bible predicts the fall/destruction of Jerusalem to the Romans in (70 A.D)…. that Jews would be scattered across the world. The bible predicts the loss of their language, and then rebirth of the use of the Hebrew language. We are talking a dead language for 1900 years!!! We are talking about a people group without their own land for almost 1900 years. Then in (I believe) 1948 they get land back after almost (again) 1900 years? How can this even be? I guess stuff like that actually happens all the time? Give me a break dude... you are the one who has no clue.

Please tell me where this has been made up? Please tell me when a people group has been prefectly preserved for 1900 years... that lose their language & land... get a rebirth of them both? When does this actually happen without some greater power working behind the scenes?

I can show you fact after fact... but your little pea will just revert back to your utter baseless hatred of the bible, and Christians.

I’m done responding to you.

luke 21 Jesus is talking about the roman destruction of Jerusalem. It was prophesied by Jesus to His followers.

to liberty...

Please tell me... is it coincidence that the bible predicts the fall/destruction of Jerusalem to the Romans in (70 A.D)…. that Jews would be scattered across the world. The bible predicts the loss of their language, and then rebirth of the use of the Hebrew language. We are talking a dead language for 1900 years!!! We are talking about a people group without their own land for almost 1900 years. Then in (I believe) 1948 they get land back after almost (again) 1900 years? How can this even be? I guess stuff like that actually happens all the time? Give me a break dude... you are the one who has no clue.

Please tell me where this has been made up? Please tell me when a people group has been prefectly preserved for 1900 years... that lose their language & land... get a rebirth of them both? When does this actually happen without some greater power working behind the scenes?

I can show you fact after fact... but your little pea will just revert back to your utter baseless hatred of the bible, and Christians.

I’m done responding to you.

How about you respond to me and show me the proof instead of your blind faith in the bible. Proof my man, proof. Not some religious psycho-babble to make yourself sound smart.

And as soon as you start insulting other posters you have shown your ignorance. There is no hatred here, we just want the "undeniable proof" you have postulated for us. I'm christian but I need proof too. You give us coincidence and claim it to be proof. Nobody believes you because there is no proof, just your blind faith. I'm open minded but not gullible or ignorant.

Prophet you can try to insult my intelligence but we both know that isn't the problem here. Stop being a coward and answer the questions.

You have yet to actually show any proof. Saying the bible predicts something is not proof. You need actual quotations and actual historical events that match those quotations. You need to prove that these are not vague enough that they can be judged as meaningless coincidence and you need to prove that they were not written after the fact.

I don't expect an actual response, your little "pea" will inevitably revert to the utter baseless hatred of logical thought.

Liberty, don't bother. It's a complete waste of time. You and Prophet are coming from completely different world views, and what is "evidence" to you is not "evidence" to him (and vice versa). They can't be reconciled. You are both good guys, so let it go.

And Prophet, please understand that we don't hate Christianity or Christians just because we do not accept this type of biblical analysis. The Bible is a huge and complicated tome, full of allegories and seeming contradictions. Surely you understand where we are coming from when we doubt a particular interpretation or even question the significance of the whole thing. It's not hating, any more than you are hating when you question what a Muslim scholar claims to be revealed by prophecies in the Koran.

1. we all have a little pea... so don't feel alone

2. Luke 21 was referenced (do you read?)... If you want to argue go look it up yourself.

3. Liberty has shown no tolerence/respect towards the christian faith on this board many times, and that was directed at him. see: http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107248

He came and personally tried to highjack the thread... If he is not going to believe why act like a horses behind.. and keep trolling for more trouble.

4. There are many prophesy out their outside the bible from other "faiths" that have been write. I may not agree with the belief of their "God", but that does not dismiss the prediction that came to pass.

5. Liberty, You claim I'm doing something.. yet you do exactly what you claim.

This thread was started in an effort to relate interpretation of the Book of Revelation to today's events and it has generated much discussion (I especially loved the unexpected wrestling twist!), but unfortunately it has also generated hostility. This was not my intent.

Prophet, remember 1 Corinthians 1:18.

This thread was started in an effort to relate interpretation of the Book of Revelation to today's events and it has generated much discussion (I especially loved the unexpected wrestling twist!), but unfortunately it has also generated hostility. This was not my intent.

Prophet, remember 1 Corinthians 1:18.

I've been thinking the same thing

:cheers:

Prophet,

My best advice to you is to ignore Liberty. I tried to have discussions with him a few times. It's hopeless. He's just lookng for a fight. I normally don't even read threads about religion anymore because Liberty and a few others just see them as a chance to bash everything Christian.

Archived