Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This week Jake Plummer will show DC he's the man

In-com-plete

I've posted this a couple other times, but nobody will comment on it. I just wanted to make sure all those Skins fans that have been bashing Plummer know that since joining Denver in '03 Plummer has played 16 home games. The Broncos record in those games is 13-3. Plummer has a 94.8 passer rating, he's completed 313 of 500 (62.6 pct.) for 4,003 yards with 27 TDs and 13 INTs.

Isn't the game this week at Denver?

But I know, he hasn't faced this "dominant" Skins D right. :rolleyes: Whatever.

Nobody has comment before because it's a classic case of mind over matter....................... We don't mind, cause you don't matter.

Being a guest here, it only proper that some of us make you feel welcome :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick:

The fickled "finger" of fate ;) has a habbit of striking ol Jake when playing the Skins.

:broncosuc :moon::broncosuc :moon::broncosuc :moon::broncosuc :moon: :broncosuc :moon::broncosuc :moon::broncosuc :moon: :broncosuc :moon: :broncosuc :moon: :broncosuc

Have a nice day.........................

From what I've seen Jake is good in the 1st and 2nd quarter but not so good in the 3rd/4th... He also has more int's than td's since December of last year and just as many 24-70 ratings as he has 103-124 ratings...

He's 50/50 ... either team is going to need to catch a break to win and the Bronco's seem setup to provide one in more instances than the skins.... I'll give you the thin air though...

From what I've seen Jake is good in the 1st and 2nd quarter but not so good in the 3rd/4th... He also has more int's than td's since December of last year and just as many 24-70 ratings as he has 103-124 ratings...

He's 50/50 ... either team is going to need to catch a break to win and the Bronco's seem setup to provide one in more instances than the skins.... I'll give you the thin air though...

Thanks dude. Thanks for thinking of something intelligent to say before you post. Most of the time someone will just post a pic of their hero, or say "Your not playing with a full deck are you", or say "Get outta here you stupid troll" when I or someone makes a point that goes against the Skins.

Jake has his ups and downs, we all know that. I agree with you that he plays better in the first half than the second. But he does have more comebacks than all active QBs. I don't really think he's 50/50, especially at home. We'll see though. Thanks again for having the first intelligent reply.

I've posted this a couple other times, but nobody will comment on it. I just wanted to make sure all those Skins fans that have been bashing Plummer know that since joining Denver in '03 Plummer has played 16 home games. The Broncos record in those games is 13-3. Plummer has a 94.8 passer rating, he's completed 313 of 500 (62.6 pct.) for 4,003 yards with 27 TDs and 13 INTs.

How many of these trolls are there? We don't get this much stuff from Dallas fans during Cowboy week.

Man, the second Jake steps on that field and is surrounded by the burgundy and gold his mind will flash back to his NFC East Days when he had to face us twice a year, and the horrors we brought on him. And then he'll proceed to throw 18 interceptions. :D

That's some great reasoning right there. That's like me saying:

"Maybe the second Portis steps into Invesco and is surrounded by Broncos he'll flash back to '02 & '03 and start running the same way the orange and blue are. 20 carries for negative 110 yards for that 5.5 yard average. Only it's -5.5."

How many of these trolls are there? We don't get this much stuff from Dallas fans during Cowboy week.

Probably because Dallas fans play you twice a year every year and have learned you guys don't know what your talking about. This is our first meeting since that lucky Skins win in '01 or '02. But that's a great topic for another thread.

The point of this thread is to let you all know that Plummer has been great a home since coming to Denver. The game this week is in Denver, so I'm just giving you guys a heads up about what he will do come sunday. Keep bashing him guys, but you will see what the Snake can do.

League wide, the Redskins D is known to be dominant. If there is one thing experts agree on is that we have one of, if not THE premier defence in the league. Only you choose to not want to recognize that. Your showing your ignorance and blatant stupidity.

But we'll only have to endure your moronic babbling for a few more days, because after Sunday when Plummer memorizes the light configuration at the top of your whack ass stadium, I doubt we'll see you around here anymore.

It's a good thing

Just taking a quick glance at last years home games for Denver, Plummer played really well against weak defensive teams: Houston (137.8 rating); Indy (105.7); San Diego (112.5).

BUT against decent defenses, he gave the ball away like crazy: Carolina (2 Int, 77.7 rating), Atlanta (3 int, 88.4 rating), Miami (2 int, 49.2).

So I wouldn't get too excited.

How does it feel to have a life in which you find it important enough to take the time to go to another team's board to post comments in order to induce anger? I mean seriously, pick up a book or something. You're 28 years old, not a 15 year old punk. Get a freaking life.

Just taking a quick glance at last years home games for Denver, Plummer played really well against weak defensive teams: Houston (137.8 rating); Indy (105.7); San Diego (112.5).

BUT against decent defenses, he gave the ball away like crazy: Carolina (2 Int, 77.7 rating), Atlanta (3 int, 88.4 rating), Miami (2 int, 49.2).

:notworthy

In-Com-Plete? Just wanted to through out a couple of things for you to chew on in your overconfidence. Both addressing the "thin air" at Mile High.

1) In Dallas, the temperature on the field for most of the game was around 100 degrees, I remember clearly because we had several shots of it. However, being 100 degrees on the field, seems like the Skins got BOTH of their scores in the last 4 minutes of that game. Looks like they were REAL tired out!

2) Do some checking around, The Skins had the BEST or MOST turnout in the voluntary mini camps this year of ANY other team in the league and of any other Skins team in the last I don't know how many years. In fact, a big stink was made and they got penalized for working out so hard so soon. So, in closing, remember this, come the 3rd and 4th quarter, I seriously doubt that the "thin air" of Mile High is going to be a problem at all with the Skins conditioning. In fact, most likely, it will just ensure that Novak's field goal will sail straight through the uprights on every kick. IF we need him of course. :eaglesuck ;) ;)

that lucky Skins win in '01 or '02.

:doh:

The Last Time

Nov. 18, 2001

Redskins 17, Broncos 10

Invesco Field at Mile High

Backup quarterback Kent Graham, inserted into the lineup late in the second quarter for the injured Tony Banks, completed 12 of 18 passes for 123 yards and a pair of touchdowns to lead the Redskins to victory over the Broncos 17-10 in Denver.

One of those tosses included the winning touchdown pass to tight end Zeron Flemister with 2:48 remaining in the contest. Other keys to victory were Graham's completions to wide receiver Michael Westbrook, who caught nine passes for 104 yards and a score, and the Redskins' defense, which held the Broncos to a mere 186 yards of total offense.

Amid a flurry of high winds, rain, and sleet in the first half, the Broncos took a 10-0 lead on a 33-yard field goal by Jason Elam and a 1-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Brian Griese to wide receiver Rod Smith.

Inclement weather conditions and a hostile environment gave the Redskins fits handling the football in the first half, as evidenced by four fumbles and several dropped passes.

Both quarterbacks struggled in the first half, only completing a combined eight passes. With a little under two minutes remaining in the first half, Banks dropped back to throw and unloaded a pass intended for Westbrook that fell incomplete.

Shortly after delivering the ball, Banks was pounded by 6-6, 290-pound, defensive end Leon Lett and driven to the ground. Banks was carted off the field on a backboard as a precaution, but later was diagnosed with a concussion by Redskins medical staff.

Graham entered the game and subsequently threw three straight completions for 20 yards to put he Redskins in field goal position.

With 17 seconds remaining, placekicker Brett Conway nailed a 48-yard field goal to put Washington on the board and make the score 10-3 at halftime.

Punts and changes of possession on fumbles dominated the third quarter as both teams failed to score.

At the end of the third quarter, Washington gained possession when linebacker Robert Jones hit Denver tight end Desmond Clark, causing a fumble. Fellow linebacker LaVar Arrington, who finished second on the team in tackles with six, recovered the fumble at the 50-yard line.

On the ensuing possession, Graham engineered a six-play, 50-yard drive with the help of running back Stephen Davis and Westbrook.

Washington tied the score at 10-10 when Graham hit Westbrook for a five-yard touchdown with 14:23 remaining in the contest. The two teams traded possessions on punts for three series until the Redskins' defense gave its offense excellent field position at their own 46-yard line.

After getting sacked by linebacker Bill Romanowski, Graham completed passes to Westbrook for 14 and 16 yards, while Davis had a 13-yard run to set up the Redskins offense at the Denver 18-yard line.

The key play of the drive came on a misdirection pass to Flemister, who scampered 15 yards to the three-yard line. Two plays later, Flemister caught his first career touchdown pass to provide the winning margin for Washington, at 17-10.

Davis finished with 23 carries for 84 yards, while Ki-Jana Carter had two carries for 16 yards. Washington increased its win streak to four games, earned its first road win, and brought its record on the season to 4-5.

Link: http://www.redskins.com/gameday/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Where's the luck in that win? Looks like the Burros just got themselves beaten on a day when the Redskins had to battle the same bad weather, injury to their starting QB plus a "hostile environment."

Attributing a hard-fought win like that to "luck" only destroys any credibility you might otherwise have.

I won't just bury you since you're bringing a Bronco viewpoint (one which you've obviously researched too).

The fact is, you make a great case. He's put together a great record in Denver. I will say, a lot of those numbers have probably been inflated against AFC West teams that just didn't play D for years...KC and Oakland come to mind (I know SD has been good defensively for the most part).

Additionally, the trend does say that the Broncos should win, but Plummer has lost 3 times so it's not impossible that a confident team with a good defense could come in and try to mimic what it did vs. a BETTER offense last week and keep them off the field.

If the game goes anything like the Seattle game (ie. Redskins holding the ball for 8 minute drives), then Plummer may feel forced into making big plays...

I guess my biggest point is that you never know what will happen. I'll concede that if the Skins go into Mile High and win, it'll be an upset, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.

Good post with good stats to back it up BTW!

Exactly, he plays well against bad defenses and horribly against good ones.

Tell me again, home or road, which QB's destroyed our defense last year?

None did, and there were several better QBs than Plummer. I'm betting the guy might just be the reason we have a chance to pull this one off.

League wide, the Redskins D is known to be dominant. If there is one thing experts agree on is that we have one of, if not THE premier defence in the league. Only you choose to not want to recognize that. Your showing your ignorance and blatant stupidity.

But we'll only have to endure your moronic babbling for a few more days, because after Sunday when Plummer memorizes the light configuration at the top of your whack ass stadium, I doubt we'll see you around here anymore.

It's a good thing

How am I showing ignorance and blatant stupidity? I just show Plummers stats for his 16 home games while in Denver. They are facts. Not some stats I just made up. Not "moronic babbling".

So I wouldn't get too excited.

And Denver won against 5 of the 6 teams you mentioned. That's not bad my man.

How does it feel to have a life in which you find it important enough to take the time to go to another team's board to post comments in order to induce anger? I mean seriously, pick up a book or something. You're 28 years old, not a 15 year old punk. Get a freaking life.

I'm not trying to "induce anger", just trying to let you guys know what's coming. Actually I trying to prevent you from getting angry on sunday. You should actually thank me.

Archived