Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will there be a divided Locker Room?

NoCalMike

First off I want to say I am a Ramsey fan, I felt he earned the starting spot, however I am a Redskins fan first, and I just want to know what everyone's opinion is on whether this will potentially divide the locker room, or at least the offense?

I just think this was very lousy timing. I mean why name Ramsey the starter in the first place, and then one game into the season pull him and say Brunell is the starter regardless of Ramsey's injury?

Well there are rumors that the team themselves do not care for Ramsey to much because he blames everyone for his mistakes.

Maybe what Pierce said this summer has merit, who knows. I do know that we never see the OL try and pick up Ramsey then when other QB's are in they do.

I am kind of shocked that Gibbs made this move especially if Ramsey was healthy, this might signal it is more then just his play that is the issue.

Well there are rumors that the team themselves do not care for Ramsey to much because he blames everyone for his mistakes.

Maybe what Pierce said this summer has merit, who knows. I do know that we never see the OL try and pick up Ramsey then when other QB's are in they do.

I am kind of shocked that Gibbs made this move especially if Ramsey was healthy, this might signal it is more then just his play that is the issue.

Can you elaborate on Pierce's comments? I didn't hear anything about this.

I don't believe the locker room will be divided. There have been many popular players on other teams that were cut. The Pats safety a couple years back is a good example of how the team stayed focused and continued to win.

First off I want to say I am a Ramsey fan, I felt he earned the starting spot, however I am a Redskins fan first, and I just want to know what everyone's opinion is on whether this will potentially divide the locker room, or at least the offense?

Ramsey didn't earn :pooh: the job fell into his lap because Brunell sucked last year. The cincy game was a breaking point, gibbs knew he couldn't keep Brunell in if he sucked in that game. Ramsey did well after the starting role fell into his lap, but nothing earth shattering.

Ramsey isn't a qb that defenses lose sleep over. No one argues he doesn't have the tools. It's everything above the shoulders thats whats held him back.

As far as a locker room divide, i don't think so. We have a good group of guys that are willing to play hard no matter who is under center.

I don't believe the locker room will be divided. There have been many popular players on other teams that were cut. The Pats safety a couple years back is a good example of how the team stayed focused and continued to win.

Pierce said that all the defensive players wanted Tim as the qb when he was here not Ramsey. Everyone on this board lashed out on this article, however now he might have been correct.

Well i think there will be division in the locker room, it will be Patrick Ramsey on one side and the rest of the team on the other. If he's whining and blaming everyone for his mistakes, teamates arent going to want to support him. See, people are saying that this team can only go as far as Ramsey takes them, which i really dont agree with, Ramsey can only go as far as his team takes him. And this team will only go as far as the defense takes them. A game like yesterday, you can put anyone in at QB and we would have had a simliar outcome, due to John Hall, our defense and Clinton Portis. Ramsey has no room to complain, he's got the ability, but brunell came in yesterday and did not make any major mistakes, he threw the ball away instead of forcing it. He checked down to secondary recievers, he looked off coverages. He looked efficent, and that's what this team needs, not a gunslinger, but an efficient QB that can eliminate mistakes.

I can't sit here and let this guy say such BS comments - He is a friggin idiot! Why don't you get the facts 1st. He has never ever made 1 derogitory statement about any of his teammates or coaches and he has never made 1 excuss. Now, given what he has been through I find that quite admirable. Now if you think there is merit to the comment about the team not really liking PR - make that statement to Jansen's or Cooleys face and see what kind of response you get! GO AWAY YOU TROLL!

I think this will be a true test of just how unified Gibbs has this team. I don't see Pat causing a problem in his remaining time with the team, but some players my lose some of their trust in what Gibbs says because of the way he has dealt with this.

I don't think we'll have a devided locker room. We have solid team leaders that should be able to keep people focused and working towards the common goal.

There is zero/nothing to this comment - This idiot wants us to think he has this inside knowledge that he can grace us with. I really wish he would make the comment to Jensen

It will be the WRs vs. the rest of the team.

The WRs will be mad because of more shorter pass plays.

Everyone else catching will be happy because of more shorter pass plays.

Of course the Oline and RBs will be happy because we will run more.

And the defense will be tickled to death because of the reduction of having to go on the field prematurely 2-3 times a game.

The rest of the team will bring Moss and Patten around, and the locker room will be at peace once more.

I can't sit here and let this guy say such BS comments - He is a friggin idiot! Why don't you get the facts 1st. He has never ever made 1 derogitory statement about any of his teammates or coaches and he has never made 1 excuss. Now, given what he has been through I find that quite admirable. Now if you think there is merit to the comment about the team not really liking PR - make that statement to Jansen's or Cooleys face and see what kind of response you get! GO AWAY YOU TROLL!

:doh:

Ummm...check the post count...Jbooma's far from a troll, he's one of the most respected posters on here. And he may have a point...Mitchell even said on the radio today that the players wanted the change, as did some of the coaches. Liking a guy and thinking that a change might be needed are completely different things. Ramsey's acted like a class act on the outside, but we have no clue if who he blames for the interceptions in the locker room. That's a rumour I tend not to believe based on what I know of Ramsey, but not believing it doesn't make the turnovers go away either.

There is zero/nothing to this comment - This idiot wants us to think he has this inside knowledge that he can grace us with. I really wish he would make the comment to Jensen

so you dismiss the comment from one of the best players that was on this team, wow you are brilliant :doh:

you do know what comment Pierce said right or do you just listen to the wind :laugh:

Archived